IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

We don't remember our past lives because...

Rate this topic

Some years ago my dog and I went to spend a week at a Krsna farm. A young boy devotee took a liking to my dog and asked, "what did you call him?"

"Boise" I said. "That's a strange name", the young boy said, "you should have called him Bala, because he is white, and white reminds me of Balarama."

Smart boy I thought, "Yes you are right, Balarama is a good name."

I dream of my dog, Guruvani. In the dreams he is often getting into trouble and I have to get him out of mischief. I never realised the nature of attachment can be so subtle....but he is a good spirit soul...often when I quietly chant my rounds

he calms right down and rests....a strange thing for a hyper JackRussel Foxy.

Eventually when he passes on, I will not get another dog....but all the same I have learnt alot from him....and he has enjoyed prasadam alot.

I have never had a dog named Balaram.

A few years ago I got a dog from some hippy type New Age's. They would go to the temple on occasion.

They named the dog Darshan, so I just kept that name.

He was a really nice and friendly dog.

He was part shephard and part huskie.

He got out on the road about 6 years ago and got killed.

When he didn't come home one day I walked down the highway a while and I found him dead on the side of the road.

I brought him back home and buried him in the back yard.

He too had taken temple prasad and would hear me beating my mridanga and chanting loudly.

So, I am sure that he evolved to a better life.

thanks for sharing that Guruvani...he must of been a beauty.

My friends dog has died in the last year and a half...my mate is a bit of a battler so I used to bring heaps of prasadam back when I'd visit the temple in the big smoke.

He'd say..."this food is great and my dogs love it too."

When 'Under' died I went and visited him. We both laughed and grinned about how much she loved that prasadam. She was half human already anyway I reckon.

Guest guest

We used to have a border colli in the early days when I first started chanting.

Whenever the kirtan would start to peak Uma would stand on her hinde legs and howl. She was quite happy to completely change to vegetarian food and used to love the remnants of prasadam from the devotees. Loved kids and had an extrordinary affectionate nature.