IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sunilsahota

Shraad? i thought we believed in Reincarnation!

Rate this topic

hey, if we believe in reincarnation etc...then why do we still do shraadh? isnt the whole point of shraadh is to feed the dead? but if the soul is reincarnated then isnt this ritual a waste? also Krishna in the gita explains the soul doesnt feel, doesnt get hungry etc....but then why do we get spirits who haunt? arnt they souls which are attached to material attachments, enjoyments and lusts?

Radhe Radhe

I don't remember reading anything about Soul cannot feel. I do remember reading that Souls cannot be created or destroyed though. :eek4:

Maybe the reason for Shraad is to help the newly departed and Souls trapped in Hell?

In Chinese Calendar, they also have belief in Reincarnation but does have something called Ghost Month (somewhere around June) where they donate food and hell money to the souls trapped in Hell.

Also, if I remember correctly, the souls doesn't reincarnate straightaway, but have to go through a process of cleansing for several years under Hindusm belief, right? I think it was 12 years. I have a Hindu friend who told me that Hindus perform prayers on the 30th day, 1st year of the death and once on the 12th year of the departure as the last prayer or something.