IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jitaX

worthwhile reading

Rate this topic

Can I have recommendations for books that are worthwhile reading but are not specifically about the Hare Krnsa religion or its philosophy? I dont want to get too deep into specific Vedic reading or anything very serious right now, but also do not want to read 'worldy fiction' or that kind of thing. Autobiographies or Biographies or somewhat light but nonmaterialistic reading would be what I'm hoping for . ..gotten out of the habit of reading and want to start out light and dont want to filter through a bunch of books that will be mostly unenlightening

The Way of the Pilgrim by anonymous. A real gem. Light but very deep. Written from the inner perspective of a Christian renunciant from the Eastern Orthodox tradition.

It is a short read that goes by quickly as one is reluctant to put it down and one that one will return to to read again.

Guest guest

Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach.

Light reading, only 130 pages. Fiction, but inspirational, with a "dare to be different" message that seems to touch the heartstrings of almost everyone who reads it. I came across this book after several devotees had read it and passed it along to me with high recommendations, and I wasn't disappointed.

1. Autobiography of Malcolm X, Alex Haley

2. Small is Beautiful, E.A. Schumaker

3. Monster, Shakira,

4. Les Miserables Victor Hugo

fiction

1. Lucifers Hammer niven

authors.

orwell

GK chesterton

hugo

mahaksadasa