IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Pitraloka, realm of the ancestors?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When people die and ascend to Pitraloka, and see their ancestors there, how does reincarnation play into this. Wouldn't most of their ancestors be reincarnated by the time they get there? or is time totally different in that realm, so that when a person passes on to Pitraloka, he or she can still see their deceased relatives?

also is Pitraloka where most Near-death experiences take place?

Guest guest

Dandavats, Namaste!

Reincarnation is so very, very interesting. There is a wide range of possibilities when it comes to reincarnation. The main key is the level or degree to which you choose to and wish to reincarnate consciously.

For example: reincarnation works differently for a totally clueless person who doesn't believe in reincarnation, who has lived a life with a mix of papa and punya, has no sukritya, and has not prepared themselves for death. They assume it is an automatic process or they don't even want to think about it.

Then what happens to that person after death is very different from what happens to a yogi or a yogini. A person who has practiced yoga and has been quite adept at it can actually control when they leave and how. As

such, their destination is more guaranteed.

You read about this in the lives of the Tibetan meditation masters. They go into lotus position when they wish to leave the body. They tell their disciple

that "oh I will be leaving the body tonight/ or in three days, help me prepare for it."

For serious Tibetan laypeople, more often than not a wise old master suddenly mysteriously appears in the village and helps them to stabilize their meditation should they need it at this important juncture. Very high lamas

tell their servants: in five years go to such and such monastery in Benares:

I will be the five year old boy there tugging at your sleeve smiling at you.

You can see this also in the lives of Vaisnavas, even the Western bodied ones. Whatever is the highest chakra that you have attained in this lifetime, whatever your highest mystical experience was you will attain that at the time of death, because during this life you opened the door of Brahma and

for some, went even beyond that, as there are seven chakras above the

sahasrara which correspond to the planets in Karanaloka aka the Spiritual

Sky.

For example, the former Sudama Maharaja. Although he had been away from

the institution of KC he had performed alot of sukritya in his life. For example he has Deities that are still being worshipped in a Temple even today. By all of his sukritya as well as his past life experiences being a yogi then at the time of death there miraculously appeared people who said,

"Hey man well what are you doing dying in this room all alone?" Then he was brought into the association of devotees adjacent to a Temple and the devotees took really good care of him so he would have an excellent exit.

They showered him with maha garlands, 24 hour hearing of holy names, tulasi, sacred water, sacred dust, etc.

So by the dint of his past good activities as well as his past lives as a yogi he was able to leave in a circumstance where he could leave out of the highest chakra he had attained in this life. Someone who was inspired by Sudama once described him as "a song and dance man" for Krsna. So then

Krsna reciprocated by making sure there was song as he exited so he could

dance into the presence of the Divine by dint of the prasada and holy names.

Now what happens to other people? Say like my mum for example. She is a very devout Christian always praying for me to not be into worshipping the

false gods of Hinduism. No matter how nicely I present siddhanta to her for

decades she thinks it is from the devil, so makes sure I get an exorcism from their meat-eating, beer-drinking priest which as you can see was so effective on me.

When I ask her what she would like there to be in Heaven, she tells me that in Heaven she is going to be reunited with her mother and her father and her sweet grandmother and live there eternally with them, in the same bodies they had when she knew them at the prime of their life. And she will be able to tell it is Heaven because you won't have to pay taxes there. Because that

is what her father told her.

And she just laments that well I guess I will have to be in Heaven by myself because your father divorced me. So she thinks for all eternity she has to be some kind of a spinster. Anyway she has like this very rigid world view. Also

her favorite place in the world is Williamsburg Virginia, that is like her Braj Mandala parikrama. She is very much in her consciousness like a Christian of

that era 1700s - 1800s in Colonial America even though it is 2000 era.

So when people like that die so attached to their relatives and the material body then at the time of death there are many many angelic helpers who live in the Antarloka who help people to transit exiting the body. Say if they are like my mom and have not done that many bad things except try to give me an exorcism. When they die they want to see their relatives. So you ahve all heard about the tunnel and all, that is going up your spine, up the chakras.

Then you see a white light and feel Love, that is going up the higher chakras

like the visuddha chakra and ajna chakra. In those chakras you feel universal all love and you are also clairvoyant and clairaudient. So they start to hear

and see different people approach them like those who have passed on before them and their conception of God and angels.

In this world we have hospitals and hospices, well the same thing exists in the Antarloka. There are different doctors and nurses and social workers who live in the Antarloka whose purpose it is to help the transiting souls who don't have so much sukritya they can go to Karanaloka and not so demoniac that they have to immediately go to Naraka.

So that is what is meant by the Pitrloka. Some people once they go through the Naraka for whatever few bad things they did like torture Vaisnavas by

performing Christian exorcisms on them to save their souls from eternal damnation, then their idea of Heaven is to see all of their relatives again.

So it could be actual relatives who have not reincarnated again, because

if you exit properly you can live for a long, long time on the Antarloka if you

do it consciously and that is your desire. Like some people they feel their relatives as guardian angels to them. Or some people from traditions that have ancestor worship. That will help to keep your relatives in the Pitrloka

if they themselves wanted to be in the ancestor heaven and remain there to be like guardian angels to the family.

Others I am sure there must be like a hologram or some angel masquerades as them because that soul's desire is not to be in the Antarloka, they want to be in the Karanaloka or immediately reincarnate back on earth. But to satisfy the desire of the person whose conception of Heaven is to see all of their relatives then I am sure that Krsna can arrange everything for them.

Their soul needs a rest or deserves a rest or has earned a rest, no harm.

However for those who think they are going there but have so much papa then when they exit their consciousness will be very confused and disoriented. Then in such confused and disoriented consciousness they will feel a whirlwind and feel like they are being blown this way and that way.

You can read about it in The Tibetan Book of the Dead, it has very accurate and precise descriptions of what happens to you if you did not do yoga practices to have a conscious death. You feel blown this way and that way as if a big storm is coming. Then you want to run to seek shelter. Some people feel comfortable in that freaked out condition seeking shelter in caves and trees and burrows then they will be reborn as animals.

Some people feel comfortable when they see a spooky old house or othjer places where ghosts like to hang out then they will be reborn as a preta.

Others will see humble cottages they will be reborn as humans. Others will only feel comfortable when they see mansions with twinkly lights and beautiful people then they reincarnate in Beverly Hills 90210 as a demigod.

I hope this explained the first question to some degree. Let me know if any more questions. The main thing is practice your sadhana 24/7/ 365, that is why they call it a spiritual practice. You are practicing for your big exam at the time of death. Also pay attention to the inward practices versus the rah rah cheerleading variety as death is an inward experience. Then you will be

more attuned to the subtle nature of the great art of graceful exits.

Jai Sri Krsna, Radhe Syama.

Dandavats, Namaste!

For example: reincarnation works differently for a totally clueless person who doesn't believe in reincarnation, who has lived a life with a mix of papa and punya, has no sukritya, and has not prepared themselves for death. They assume it is an automatic process or they don't even want to think about it.

please tell me then wat happens to the people given in ur example? wat kinda reincarnation they get?

hari hari bol

Pitraloka is not ascension, rather a descension. These planets are subterranian, are full of unspeakable opulences, etc. Subterranian meand within the earth.

To the nice guest who tells of the disappearance of my siksa and dear friend, Sudama Swami, thank you very much. And thank you, Srimati Madhusudani dd, for nicely caring for my departed godbrother in his last days.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

To answer the question, "Are people in the Pitrloka when they have NDE?"

If you see loved ones then it is possible that you are in a chakra that corresponds with the part of the Antarloka where Pitrloka is located.

Then it would make sense that you see ancestors and loved ones who have passed on.

We all have a spine and the different chakras are located at certain junctures all along it. So depending on what you see in your NDE then that is the loka or realm or chakra that you accessed during your NDE.

Not everyone sees ancestors and also not everyone has a great NDE. A book was written about this, how most of the NDE reports are of the good experiences, not too many people want to tell about how their NDE was very very scary like a hellish planet or a bad acid trip.

So basically whatever you see in NDE that is the chakra you are accessing at that moment. That is also why most people do not sustain it and "come back down" even though they have feelings of regret that they do not want to leave the beautiful place they experienced i.e. the higher chakras where you have experiences like universal love.

Also that is the significance of touching a sant or sadhu's feet: because they are a person who is living in the highest chakras 24/7/365 so that every moment they are in transcendence. You acknowledge that they are someone who is living in the highest consciousness or chakras "from tip to toe" 24/7.

They are not sliding up and down the chakras like a bipolar thermometer, say like someone who goes to the temple once a week to access the higher chakras then come home and kick the dog, yell at their wife, hit the children, and then quarrel with their colleagues and cohort group the rest of the week.

Also that is the meaning behind doing dandavats, then the sant or sadhu can assess where you are by the energy you emit from your spine: how much you are in full prapatti or surrender and which chakras along your spine are vibrating, and is your ida and pingala balanced into the sushumna like a real sannyasi should be, or are you still driven mostly by intellect or emotion.

Guest guest

Dear Krishnadasa,

Hari hari bol!

And also:

"Radha bol Radha bol!

Vrndavana ki galiyana dol!"

Thank you for your very intelligent question. Did you have a specific situation in mind re: your question?

Your question is so broad and vast as well as sincere. I have several books with thousands of pages that I would need to cut and paste to do your question justice.

On a simple level the answer to your question, "Please tell me then what happens to the people given in your example. What kind of reincarnation do they get?" might be:

"Look around you. Whatever any one of the six billion humans on this planet is experiencing in the eight million four hundred thousand species of life is what happens to you when you reincarnate" is your answer.

Other than that, did you have (a) specific sin(s) [papa], anarthas, or scenarios in mind and you want to know the karmic consequences of it?

The Fifth Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam might be a good place to start. Or there is an interesting book called the Jewel Ornament of Liberation which describes basically any sin you might perform and the consequences, as well as any possible good thing you might do and the consequences.

Full title: "The Explanation of the Stages on the Path towards Liberation, called a Jewel Ornament of Liberation or the Wish-fulfilling Gem of Noble Doctrine". This book references and draws upon an amazing number of works from India, Tibet, and Nepal written in Sanskrit [it cites over 108 revealed scriptures written in Sanskrit alone], as well as Tibetan and Pali languages.

There is also the different Puranas like Garuda Purana tells how people get a preta body and what preta life is like and how they can be released from it.

[pretas = ghosts]

Or do you have an unstated question in mind, such as how can you help your friends and relatives who have passed on already?

If you could reframe your question slightly then I can do my level best to provide a somewhat lucid response. It's a very intelligent question so I want to make sure I give you the best possible answer.

Radha bol!