IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How long ago did Lord Rama incarnate?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I read on one site that Lord Rama was on earth around 10,000 yrs. ago, then I read on another site that it was 1 million yrs ago. What do the Gaudiyas teach on this? There is a huge difference between 10,000 and 1 million yrs, not sure how these conflicting timetables came to be.

Guest guest

850,000 years ago. Kali is only 5000 years old. Dwarapa Yuga is approximately twice as long as Kali, about 835,000 years. Ramachandra reigned for 10,000 years, and His disappearance along with the entire dynasty that appeared in Ayodhya, ended Treta Yuga.

So, find the time span of dwarapa yuga, subtract 5000 for Kali and 10,000 years of ramas reign ending treta yuga. My guess is His appearance was 850,000 years ago, but yall know how hard time is to calculate. Especially since the modern physicists confirm that time is related to the surface of this globe, therfore one inch off the surface, it all goes haywire, as does the dimensional regions, which is a vast study in and of itself.

hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

I read on one site that Lord Rama was on earth around 10,000 yrs. ago, then I read on another site that it was 1 million yrs ago. What do the Gaudiyas teach on this? There is a huge difference between 10,000 and 1 million yrs, not sure how these conflicting timetables came to be.

We are presently in the kali-yuga of the 28th maha-yuga of the 7th manvantara (Vaivasvata) of Brahma’s day. The last time Lord Ramacandra appeared on earth was in treta-yuga of the 5th maha-yuga of this manvantara. Duration of one maha-yuga is 4,320,000 years - so we have to count 23 maha-yugas back to come to the 5th maha-yuga of this manvantara and then go to the treta-yuga, starting in that maha-yuga after 1,728,000 years (duration of satya-yuga) and lasts for 1,296,000 years.

Guest guest

Thank you for the information. I guess some non-Hindus are teaching that Rama incarnated only 10,000 yrs back, because they associate his reign with the Atlantis civilization, and Atlantis civilization is said to have existed 10,000 yrs ago.

Guest guest

It has a certain validity. In Ramayana, when the yaksas and monkeys were searching for Sita, the Monkey King sent generals to different directions, north, west, east and south. On these instructions he told each to go as far as the sea. Now, when we look at the present placement of Ayodhya, we see no sea to the north, meaning perhaps an entirely different configuartion of the continents, perhaps jiving with the super-contenant theory of the plate techtonic buffs. It is scientific fact that something drastic did happen in bygone ages that caused great earth changes, perhaps plunging atlantis and the pacific continent understood by the polynesian lore underwater, making other plates rise above the sea, etc.

Id like to know the source that rama did not appear in this treta yuga, this is the first Id heard of that. Muchukunda fought with Rama and was awoken by Krsna after sleeping. Hanuman was awoken by Bhima (his brother) as he was going to the high forest. Hanuman is said to maintain his physical form until no one remembers Rama, and the description of Kali Yuga means no rememberance by anyone of God in any form, and Kalki takes all away to end Kali Yuga. So this idea of 23 maha yugas (meaning 23 kali yugas where no one would remember Lord Rama) does not jive with Hanumanas physical presence.

This is why I accept my calculation of 850,000 years rather than the multi million years presented above. Srila Prabhupada once mentioned that King Prthu and Queen Arci were present about 5,000,000 years ago, and Prthu preceeded Prahlada, Bali, Parisurama, Rama, etc.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS I love this kind of disagreement between devotees, no hard feelings or political nonsense at all, just yakkin about Krsna.