IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Power of the bhattar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is We have a beautiful temple where Perumal is standing in all Glory ( OVERSEAS }

There is very restricted celebration of Sri Rama Navami and Sri Krishna Jayanthi .

I requested the Bhattar maybe we should celebrate Sri Krishna Janmastami grandly - ( for I

am longing to see the Perumal dressed as Sree Krishnan and also for my North Indians }

Imagine my Horror when the Sri Rangam Bhattar replied '' inke elame Perumaleka than

Pannum" - meaning to say we cannot celebrate Janmashtami grandly . ie his 15 min

celebration is more than enough .

It is a case I am taking all the way up to Perumal and will request an answer from HIM.

Was he not Sree Rama ?

Was he not Sree Krishna ?

What is wrong in my request ?

Learned and wise men from this group may kindly answer my Query.

This Bhattar has even stopped burning Karpooram - He advised as per the rules in India

What is wrong with this Sri Rangam Bhattar ????????

Guest guest

Dear Anjoonair swamy,

In Srirangam, the procedures are followed as per the temple book called "koiluzugu". All the procedures have been set forth by Sri Ramanuja and it has been carried out for the past 1000 years. Generally in South, all the temples follow the divine orders given by Sri Ramanuja "RamAnujarya DivyAGnya" which we receite in our every day thaniyans. These generally will never be changed for any personal wishes or fancies.

Adiyen ramanuja dasan,

varadarajan

-

anjoonair

Oppiliappan

Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:57 PM

Power of the bhattar

There is We have a beautiful temple where Perumal is standing in all Glory ( OVERSEAS }

There is very restricted celebration of Sri Rama Navami and Sri Krishna Jayanthi .

I requested the Bhattar maybe we should celebrate Sri Krishna Janmastami grandly - ( for I

am longing to see the Perumal dressed as Sree Krishnan and also for my North Indians }

Imagine my Horror when the Sri Rangam Bhattar replied '' inke elame Perumaleka than

Pannum" - meaning to say we cannot celebrate Janmashtami grandly . ie his 15 min

It is a case I am taking all the way up to Perumal and will request an answer from HIM.

Was he not Sree Rama ?

This Bhattar has even stopped burning Karpooram - He advised as per the rules in India

Guest guest

Dear Ajnoor Swamin

What Shri Varadarajan swamy says is correct and Bhagawath Ramanuja has laid down complete rules for observence.

Further now a days in many temples they have stopped using camphor because now a days, pure camphor is not so easily available and the fumes from the bad quality camphor is spoiling the moortham as well as the garbha gruha. Some saints like present Kaanchi aacharya have advocated the use of ghee-lamp for Aarthi.

Adiyen

A.Govindakrishnan

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Dear Friends:

I am sorry to see that our temples are turning out to be places where the Lord Himself is shackled down by kgs of gold and diamonds and rubies. Yes, it is good to see Him decorated with jewels of all kinds, but it is equally pleasurable to see Him decorated in His various forms too. Even Lord Ranganatha Himself is being decorated as Mohini in Srirangam one day in the year and there is great crowd year after year to see Him in that form. They can't dress the Ananthasayana in Srirangam as Mohini, so they do it on the moorthi which they take out. However, in Tirupathi I have seen the standing Lord Venkateshwara being decorated, and I have seen likewise Lord Krishna in Guruvayur being dressed differently every hour. Once I wished very much to see Lord Ranganatha in the Mohini alankaram, but could not reach Srirangam on time. I regretted that very much, but when I reached Tirupathy later, I saw Him dressed in the same Mohini veesham during dharsan there. Another time He was

dressed as Narasimha and it brought ecstasy to me both times. I am sure many of you have had similar experiences too! So, I don't see any reason why in the Ranganatha temple abroad they should not dress up Lord Ranganatha as Rama or Krishna or Narasimha. It is not the North Indian or South Indian custom, for He belongs to the whole universe. I wish that we change our attitude and make Him accessible in all of His different forms to all of the people who love Him, especially to those who do not know Him that well, but yearn to get close to Him. Lord Krishna allowed this to all Gopikas and Lord Ranganatha Himself accepted one of the Thayars in the form of a muslim princess. Why then in India, in the temples, they are still sidelining and preventing the white devotees from having His dharsan as others do? I am not advocating that we should dilute our values, but our blind belief without proper understanding is what is causing us problems. Lack of acceptable answers has been

leading our children away from our virtuous path. Temples in US have to adjust to the needs of all Hindus and of those others who adore Him in His various forms such as Krishna, and they should become the center where people can learn more freely about Him. I suggest that we set up a place in front of every temple where the devotees can offer the prayers the way they like, of course, in a kind and gentle way. There is such a place in Tirupathy where the devotees can freely light up camphor and offer it to Him, even though it is about 100 meters away from His sanctum. This may be to reduce the crowding and allow free access to all those who desire to light up a lamp or camphor. Many temples in the northern parts of India have such places in front of the sanctum. Why not have such a separate place in front of the Lord where people can freely offer their aarhties? Temple authorities should consider this and other desires of the devotees, such as the one indicated in the

request of Anjoonair, seriously and enable them to be fulfilled appropriately.

Aravamudhan Raman

aravaram

anjoonair <anjoonair > wrote:

Was he not Sree Rama ?

Guest guest

The best answer I got from this group. Thankyou

Mine was only a request on behalf of devotees. What is the point of holding Gita Classes,

Ramayana Classses in our temples on Saturdays { Please bear in mind I am talking about

Temples constructed overseas}

The committe goes to great lengths to advocate Hindu Culture when the fact remains the

Bhattar in question does not even acknowledge Sree Rama and Sree Krishna as avathars of

Perumal .

Children atleast need to see how Lord krishna looked and How Sree Rama looked - Not

that we humans are capable of even describing HIM.

All mantra upacharanam is in Tamil only . So I trained a few people to sing Annamacharya

Krithis. By the grace of God my next venture is to train people to sing Ashatapadis and

Srinivasa Gadyam. Hope Perumal will look at me Kindly eventhough the devotees are vey

appreciative .

A Temple belongs to everyone [ again Overseas } . I would love every Hindu child to know

and appreciate the Hindu Dharma and this query was only to show How eventhough our

thoughts are Good sometimes people in power abuse it .

To make it clear Our Temple Calander for years does not mention "Sree Krishna Jayanthi "

Only the day is marked is" Sree Jayanthi " . Hopefully it will be added from next year .

Please excuse any lapses

anjoo.

Oppiliappan, Ara Ram <aravaram wrote:

>

> Dear Friends:

>

> I am sorry to see that our temples are turning out to be places where the Lord Himself

is shackled down by kgs of gold and diamonds and rubies. Yes, it is good to see Him

decorated with jewels of all kinds, but it is equally pleasurable to see Him decorated in His

various forms too. Even Lord Ranganatha Himself is being decorated as Mohini in

Srirangam one day in the year and there is great crowd year after year to see Him in that

form. They can't dress the Ananthasayana in Srirangam as Mohini, so they do it on the

moorthi which they take out. However, in Tirupathi I have seen the standing Lord

Venkateshwara being decorated, and I have seen likewise Lord Krishna in Guruvayur being

dressed differently every hour. Once I wished very much to see Lord Ranganatha in the

Mohini alankaram, but could not reach Srirangam on time. I regretted that very much, but

when I reached Tirupathy later, I saw Him dressed in the same Mohini veesham during

dharsan there. Another time He was

> dressed as Narasimha and it brought ecstasy to me both times. I am sure many of you

have had similar experiences too! So, I don't see any reason why in the Ranganatha temple

abroad they should not dress up Lord Ranganatha as Rama or Krishna or Narasimha. It is

not the North Indian or South Indian custom, for He belongs to the whole universe. I wish

that we change our attitude and make Him accessible in all of His different forms to all of

the people who love Him, especially to those who do not know Him that well, but yearn to

get close to Him. Lord Krishna allowed this to all Gopikas and Lord Ranganatha Himself

accepted one of the Thayars in the form of a muslim princess. Why then in India, in the

temples, they are still sidelining and preventing the white devotees from having His

dharsan as others do? I am not advocating that we should dilute our values, but our blind

belief without proper understanding is what is causing us problems. Lack of acceptable

answers has been

> leading our children away from our virtuous path. Temples in US have to adjust to the

needs of all Hindus and of those others who adore Him in His various forms such as

Krishna, and they should become the center where people can learn more freely about

Him. I suggest that we set up a place in front of every temple where the devotees can offer

the prayers the way they like, of course, in a kind and gentle way. There is such a place in

Tirupathy where the devotees can freely light up camphor and offer it to Him, even though

it is about 100 meters away from His sanctum. This may be to reduce the crowding and

allow free access to all those who desire to light up a lamp or camphor. Many temples in

the northern parts of India have such places in front of the sanctum. Why not have such a

separate place in front of the Lord where people can freely offer their aarhties? Temple

authorities should consider this and other desires of the devotees, such as the one

indicated in the

> request of Anjoonair, seriously and enable them to be fulfilled appropriately.

>

> Aravamudhan Raman

> aravaram

>

>

>

>

> anjoonair <anjoonair wrote:

> There is We have a beautiful temple where Perumal is standing in all Glory

( OVERSEAS }

> There is very restricted celebration of Sri Rama Navami and Sri Krishna Jayanthi .

>

> I requested the Bhattar maybe we should celebrate Sri Krishna Janmastami grandly -

( for I

> am longing to see the Perumal dressed as Sree Krishnan and also for my North Indians }

>

> Imagine my Horror when the Sri Rangam Bhattar replied '' inke elame Perumaleka than

> Pannum" - meaning to say we cannot celebrate Janmashtami grandly . ie his 15 min

> celebration is more than enough .

>

> It is a case I am taking all the way up to Perumal and will request an answer from HIM.

>

> Was he not Sree Rama ?

> Was he not Sree Krishna ?

> What is wrong in my request ?

>

> Learned and wise men from this group may kindly answer my Query.

>

> This Bhattar has even stopped burning Karpooram - He advised as per the rules in India

>

> What is wrong with this Sri Rangam Bhattar ????????

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Renganatha bhakthas,

as Smt.Varadarajan Swamin says, its purely correct. The temple

rules that is how to perform aradhana,etc. to Lord Sri Renganathar

had been framed by Srimath RamanujAchArya. According to that only

these rituals are carried out. These sequence wont be changed

under any circumstances. One old incident has to be remembered

which had taken place at SriRangam some years ago.

Onece a Vijayanagara king (Still he and his family members statue

is present along the prakAram of Sri Rangam temple near the steps

to Santhanu mandapam where Namperumal will enter inside the mandapam

called "Karpoora PadiyEtra sEvai") and his family members wanted

to have darshan of this karpoora padiyEtra sEvai of namperumal

and came to Sri Rangam. But unfortunately, that sEvai was completed

and Namperumal entered into the Santhanu Mandapam before the royal

families arrived to the temple. They requested to perform "Once More"

-"Ochettiki" in telugu- the sEvai. But the bhattars declined that

and said " You are after all a King of small region within this

globe, but HE is sarvalOka saranyan, sarvaratshkan, amarar athipathi

KING OF KINGS, Raja of Rangam, HE wont do or repeat again for you!!!"

Then it is said that, those royal families didnt returned to their

kingdom and waited there within the temple itself and died. This

prescription is written in SriRangam temple still now.

So, Namperumal wont abide for the sake of us. Its always better

we should obey the rules whatever laid by our poorvAchAryars.

Thanks for the bhakthas who have expressed the same view like

adiyen.

adiyen

senthil.b

Oppiliappan, Ara Ram <aravaram wrote:

>

> Dear Friends:

>

> I am sorry to see that our temples are turning out to be places

where the Lord Himself is shackled down by kgs of gold and diamonds

and rubies. Yes, it is good to see Him decorated with jewels of all

kinds, but it is equally pleasurable to see Him decorated in His

various forms too. Even Lord Ranganatha Himself is being decorated as

Mohini in Srirangam one day in the year and there is great crowd year

after year to see Him in that form. They can't dress the

Ananthasayana in Srirangam as Mohini, so they do it on the moorthi

which they take out. However, in Tirupathi I have seen the standing

Lord Venkateshwara being decorated, and I have seen likewise Lord

Krishna in Guruvayur being dressed differently every hour. Once I

wished very much to see Lord Ranganatha in the Mohini alankaram, but

could not reach Srirangam on time. I regretted that very much, but

when I reached Tirupathy later, I saw Him dressed in the same Mohini

veesham during dharsan there. Another time He was

> dressed as Narasimha and it brought ecstasy to me both times. I am

sure many of you have had similar experiences too! So, I don't see

any reason why in the Ranganatha temple abroad they should not dress

up Lord Ranganatha as Rama or Krishna or Narasimha. It is not the

North Indian or South Indian custom, for He belongs to the whole

universe. I wish that we change our attitude and make Him accessible

in all of His different forms to all of the people who love Him,

especially to those who do not know Him that well, but yearn to get

close to Him. Lord Krishna allowed this to all Gopikas and Lord

Ranganatha Himself accepted one of the Thayars in the form of a

muslim princess. Why then in India, in the temples, they are still

sidelining and preventing the white devotees from having His dharsan

as others do? I am not advocating that we should dilute our values,

but our blind belief without proper understanding is what is causing

us problems. Lack of acceptable answers has been

> leading our children away from our virtuous path. Temples in US

have to adjust to the needs of all Hindus and of those others who

adore Him in His various forms such as Krishna, and they should

become the center where people can learn more freely about Him. I

suggest that we set up a place in front of every temple where the

devotees can offer the prayers the way they like, of course, in a

kind and gentle way. There is such a place in Tirupathy where the

devotees can freely light up camphor and offer it to Him, even though

it is about 100 meters away from His sanctum. This may be to reduce

the crowding and allow free access to all those who desire to light

up a lamp or camphor. Many temples in the northern parts of India

have such places in front of the sanctum. Why not have such a

separate place in front of the Lord where people can freely offer

their aarhties? Temple authorities should consider this and other

desires of the devotees, such as the one indicated in the

> request of Anjoonair, seriously and enable them to be fulfilled

appropriately.

>

> Aravamudhan Raman

> aravaram

>

>

>

>

> anjoonair <anjoonair wrote:

> There is We have a beautiful temple where Perumal is

standing in all Glory ( OVERSEAS }

> There is very restricted celebration of Sri Rama Navami and Sri

Krishna Jayanthi .

>

> I requested the Bhattar maybe we should celebrate Sri Krishna

Janmastami grandly - ( for I

> am longing to see the Perumal dressed as Sree Krishnan and also for

my North Indians }

>

> Imagine my Horror when the Sri Rangam Bhattar replied '' inke elame

Perumaleka than

> Pannum" - meaning to say we cannot celebrate Janmashtami grandly .

ie his 15 min

> celebration is more than enough .

>

> It is a case I am taking all the way up to Perumal and will request

an answer from HIM.

>

> Was he not Sree Rama ?

> Was he not Sree Krishna ?

> What is wrong in my request ?

>

> Learned and wise men from this group may kindly answer my Query.

>

> This Bhattar has even stopped burning Karpooram - He advised as per

the rules in India

>

> What is wrong with this Sri Rangam Bhattar ????????

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

In Srivaishnavite SampradhAyam, Koil means Srirangam,

Perumal Koil means Kanchi Sri VaradharAjar.

There are SahasranAma Sthothrams for various devathas,

but generally SahasranAmam means Sri VishNu SahasranAmam.

Several Temples have special ways of alankArams and sEvais.

For example araiyar sEvai is available in SriRangam and

Srivilliputtur. Swarga VAsal sEvai is not available in all

Srivaishnavite temples.

Dasan,

Ilayavilli S Boovarahan

Oppiliappan, "B.Senthil kumar"

<b_senthil2002 wrote:

>

> Srimathi Anjoo Swamin:

>

> as you mentioned in your mail about the mark of Sree Jayanthi in

> the calander, it is correct. If there is word "KOIL"- means

Temple -

> this refers to only "Sri Rangam" in Sri Vaishnava SampradhAyam.

> Whenever any bhagavathAs tell that, they have gone to Koil, it

means

> only to Sri Rangam. But if you want to mention that, you have gone

to

> Rama or Krishnan, Nrusimhan Temple, then you have to tell as Rama

> temple, Krishnan temple or Nrusimhan temple respectively. The word

> "Koil"- means "Temple"-- only refers to Sri Rangam Temple.

>

> Similarly, you may have lot of Jayanthis'-means AvathAra dinam- but

> if there is word "Sree Jayanthi" -- it refers only to "Sri Krishna

> Jayanthi". You no need to explicitly mention as Krishna Jayanthi.

> It is implicitly implied as Sri Krishna Jayanthi only. But for

> other jayanthi days you have to explicitly mention as "Vaamana

> Jayanthi", or "Nrusimha Jayanthi", etc.,

>

> Adiyen requests swamin not to interpret in you own way. Adiyen also

> requests swamin to get through our sampradhAyam well. Only the

> sampradhAyam will help you to know more about HIM than the other!!

>

> adiyEn,

> senthil.b

>

>

> Oppiliappan, "anjoonair" <anjoonair@> wrote:

> >

> > The best answer I got from this group. Thankyou

> >

> > Mine was only a request on behalf of devotees. What is the point

of

> holding Gita Classes,

> > Ramayana Classses in our temples on Saturdays { Please bear in

mind

> I am talking about

> > Temples constructed overseas}

> >

> > The committe goes to great lengths to advocate Hindu Culture when

> the fact remains the

> > Bhattar in question does not even acknowledge Sree Rama and Sree

> Krishna as avathars of

> > Perumal .

> >

> > Children atleast need to see how Lord krishna looked and How Sree

> Rama looked - Not

> > that we humans are capable of even describing HIM.

> >

> > All mantra upacharanam is in Tamil only . So I trained a few

people

> to sing Annamacharya

> > Krithis. By the grace of God my next venture is to train people

to

> sing Ashatapadis and

> > Srinivasa Gadyam. Hope Perumal will look at me Kindly eventhough

the

> devotees are vey

> > appreciative .

> >

> > A Temple belongs to everyone [ again Overseas } . I would love

every

> Hindu child to know

> > and appreciate the Hindu Dharma and this query was only to show

How

> eventhough our

> > thoughts are Good sometimes people in power abuse it .

> >

> > To make it clear Our Temple Calander for years does not mention

> "Sree Krishna Jayanthi "

> >

> > Only the day is marked is" Sree Jayanthi " . Hopefully it will be

> added from next year .

> >

> > Please excuse any lapses

> >

> > anjoo.

> >

>