IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krishnadasa

My recent dream

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna to all,

Yesterday I had dream where in someone sent me a box , which when I opend I found

1) Some Lingas

2) A very big brown colored Lord Ganesha's Idle with some tilak on his forehead

there were some other things as well, but by the time i could open other things I woke up all of sudden.

What does this mean , i am not bale to comprehend!!!:smash:

Can anybody help me in this

Hari Hari bol

Its' difficult to really interpret spiritual dreams.

I had a dream recently that I was put in charge of the sevapuja of three sets of temple deities.

I subsequently turned the puja over to a Godbrother of mine who is a devout pujari.

It could be past life experiences, mystic revelations or visions of the future.

Ganesh is considered the remover of obstacles to the path of devotional service.

As such, Rupa Goswami recommends that devotees worship Ganesh in that mood.

The lingams represent the power of progeny in the material universe.

-

I don't think Rupa Goswami says worship Ganesh specifically as Gaudiya Vaishnava's they worship Nrisimhadeva (Ganesh Worships Him) and Prahladaha Maharaja.

Maybe Rupa Goswami said it to somebody who was devoid follower of Ganesh. ?

-

-

I don't think Rupa Goswami says worship Ganesh specifically as Gaudiya Vaishnava's they worship Nrisimhadeva (Ganesh Worships Him) and Prahladaha Maharaja.

Maybe Rupa Goswami said it to somebody who was devoid follower of Ganesh. ?

-

"One should begin the worship of the demigod Ganapati (Ganesha), who drives away all impediments in the execution of devotional service. In the Brahma-samhitä it is stated that Ganapati worships the lotus feet of Lord Nrsimhadeva and in that way has become auspicious for the devotees in clearing out all impediments. Therefore, all devotees should worship Ganapati." (A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Nectar of Devotion, chapter 8. Offenses to be avoided.)

This is the teaching of Srila Rupa Goswami as relayed by Srila Prabhupada.

If you have some problem with this, then that is YOUR problem.

Thankyou for the quote.

So far worshipping Ganesa is concerned, that is not necessary. Not that it should be done on a regular basis. If you like you can pray to Ganapati for removing all impediments on the path of Krishna Consciousness. That you can do if you like.

-Letter to: Sivananda, London, 25 August, 1971

Prabhupäda: If you are actually Kåñëa conscious, then to worship Ganapati, there is no harm. But if you take Ganapati as independent God, then your Kåñëa consciousness is hampered.

-Room Conversation

January 27, 1975, Tokyo

Personally I would rather Pray to Guru to remove obstacles. Since Ganapati is Vaishnava (and therefore Guru). I don't see any harm in worshipping Guru to remove obstacles. Besides that, I would become more attached to Guru.

Prabhupada gave a choice to disicples above, you can do if you like. But no harm if you don't. I never been very attached to Ganapati but I am sure some are. I am more so to Hanuman, each to their own (and according to Sastra) and Gaudiya Vaishnava (before people start beating me on the head). It's fine according to Prabhupada.:)

Thankyou for the quote.

So far worshipping Ganesa is concerned, that is not necessary. Not that it should be done on a regular basis. If you like you can pray to Ganapati for removing all impediments on the path of Krishna Consciousness. That you can do if you like.

-Letter to: Sivananda, London, 25 August, 1971

Prabhupäda: If you are actually Kåñëa conscious, then to worship Ganapati, there is no harm. But if you take Ganapati as independent God, then your Kåñëa consciousness is hampered.

-Room Conversation

January 27, 1975, Tokyo

Personally I would rather Pray to Guru to remove obstacles. Since Ganapati is Vaishnava (and therefore Guru). I don't see any harm in worshipping Guru to remove obstacles. Besides that, I would become more attached to Guru.

Prabhupada gave a choice to disicples above, you can do if you like. But no harm if you don't. I never been very attached to Ganapati but I am sure some are. I am more so to Hanuman, each to their own (and according to Sastra) and Gaudiya Vaishnava (before people start beating me on the head). It's fine according to Prabhupada.:)

How nice.

We also should remember that Ganesh did all the hard work of penciling the Vedas, Itihasa and Purana as Vyasadeva did dictation.

Ganesh is a wonderful person with a very sincere heart.

If we understand him from the Vaishnava perspective, we cannot but worship him for his great contribution to the Vaishnava canon.

Still worshipping Ganesh on His own is of no benefit.

Srila Rupa Goswami has given us the concept of worshipping Ganesh as a great devotee of Lord Nrsimhadeva - not as a son of Lord Siva.

If we understand Ganesh as a great devotee of Lord Nrsimhadeva and offer respectful worship in that way, then that is encouraged by Srila Rupa Goswami.:crying2:

Ah yes, now we getting somewhere. Speaking from the heart, Probably we as disicples should repeat more (with some feelings and realizations). If you check this post with your last one, I see big difference.

Anyway I don't have time to worship Ganesha, but I respect Him, (his worship requires certain things as well). Rules and regulations, so that should be noted. Peace out!

Ah yes, now we getting somewhere. Speaking from the heart, Probably we as disicples should repeat more (with some feelings and realizations). If you check this post with your last one, I see big difference.

Anyway I don't have time to worship Ganesha, but I respect Him, (his worship requires certain things as well). Rules and regulations, so that should be noted. Peace out!

It's no biggie.

You can put a little murti of Ganesh on the altar and worship him in the same way we do puja to anantakoti-vaishnava.

As we turn to the devotees and do puja in aratrika, then we can do the same for Ganesh.

Nothing seperate, nothing special.

Just like we worship the assembled devotees.

I was pujari in several temples in my days.

Guest guest

It's no biggie.

You can put a little murti of Ganesh on the altar and worship him in the same way we do puja to anantakoti-vaishnava.

As we turn to the devotees and do puja in aratrika, then we can do the same for Ganesh.

Nothing seperate, nothing special.

Just like we worship the assembled devotees.

I was pujari in several temples in my days.

you were a pujari?

I would love to know more!! I hope to be a pujari one day...with Krsnas blessings. Please tell more! :)

there was a devotee in the holy place of Udipi, his name was Purandara Dasa. He had composed millions of songs on lord krishna. Indeed he had in his time composed some songs on Ganesh ad lrod shiva as well. Whenever he sung about them he in the end sung, like ' Oh dear ganesh, please bless me so that I would think all the time of Hari' similarly for Lord shiva.

so i see no offense in worshipping or praying Ganesh or for that matter any other gods, incase one has a sincere prayer to keep one's mind on the Lotus feet of Lord hari. Afterall every soul is the part and the parcel so are the demigods

Hari Hari bol