IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Leaving the Body..

Rate this topic

Sometimes at night I actualy leave my body and can walk around the world in a "spirit" body." I see this as a great time to take advantage of so I can practice even while in sleep.

I had a dream once of being in this place called the great hall. It was this HUGE hallway that had a 2 lane road going down the center. There was 1000's of people and it sounded like you were in a large Mall. The buildings had no alley ways and went up about 12 stories and then arched and connected to each side. It has the feel like the movie "What Dreams may Come" with the people flying and stuff. I dreamed of someone giving me a place to live.

Now I long to go back to that place.. And have that my nightime home where I can practice.

I know Tibetan Buddhists have Dream Yoga.. I'm wondering if Hindus have something similar??

So many astral worlds and planes and such. They may seem dream like to us but then this world we are in is also a dream. Waking state, dream state there is no real difference. We are convinced there is because the duration is long and somewhat consistent in comparison to more subtle realms. Wherever we find ourselves conscious we should chant Hare Krsna and bring reality into that dream.

Lord Caitanya would chant "Jiv Jago, Jiv Jago" meaning wake up sleeping souls. Have fun on your excursions. If you desire it you can even find subtle kirtans in that realm. Wouldn't that be cool. Going to sleep to this dimension and awakening into a kirtan consciously, then coming back again from that side, retaining the awareness of having been there, and now picking up your practice and service on the more earthly side.

The goal of Krsna consciousness is eternal wakefullness to Sri Krsna. Gradually we become more awake to all facets of our existence and shed sleep all together. There is a verse in the Srimad Bhagavatam that explains how a transcendental devotee is awake even through the phase of deep sleep.

Guest guest

dear Tirisilex

how do you astral travel? I been trying for years and nothing. It also might of been scary since my house in haunted. i moved by the way. please tell me of your technic

Hare krishna

Guest guest

Sometimes at night I actualy leave my body and can walk around the world in a "spirit" body." I see this as a great time to take advantage of so I can practice even while in sleep.

I had a dream once of being in this place called the great hall. It was this HUGE hallway that had a 2 lane road going down the center. There was 1000's of people and it sounded like you were in a large Mall. The buildings had no alley ways and went up about 12 stories and then arched and connected to each side. It has the feel like the movie "What Dreams may Come" with the people flying and stuff. I dreamed of someone giving me a place to live.

Now I long to go back to that place.. And have that my nightime home where I can practice.

I know Tibetan Buddhists have Dream Yoga.. I'm wondering if Hindus have something similar??

I love that movie by the way. The farthest I can get out of my body is maybe a centimeter lol and then I get scared.

Guest guest

I have lots of psychic dreams.

My mind is like a TV screen.

When I sleep I can see many things and many people in my minds eye.

But it is random and I have no control over it.

Guest guest

I dont realy have a "technique" it just happens now and then. However I have notice it happens more frequently when I'm a Vegetarian Diet and I keep a night to night journal of my dreams.

the vegetarian diet can help induce out of body travel. I have read a vegetarian diet is always recommended on various astral projection forums.