IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

If Vishnu is supreme then why did Arjuna pray and penance on Lord Siva?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If Vishnu is supreme then why did Arjuna pray and penance on Lord Siva for the Pashupathaastra?

Why did Lord Rama pray to Lord Shiva?

Why do Indra and all Gods,Demons pray to Lord Shiva to get the boons and blessings?

Why are there stories that Vishnu and Brahma couldnt find the depth of Lord Shiva?

Why does he have the power to destroy the world?

Why doesnt Vishnu do everything and consider other gods just like humans who depend on him?

No god seem to depend on Vishnu,only the humans and Indra pray him to kill demons.

Lord Shiva and Brahma are the ones who bless people with material and spiritual stuff,if Vishnu is supreme why do these exist at all?

Guest guest

I personally think there is only one God - Ishvara and all the gods are manifestations of Ishwara with different qualities and functions. You pray to Shiva for boons.

Arjuna and Rama prayed to Shiva for boons and in the case of Rama to show an example to the rest of the Hindu society.

Please read the scriptures, you will find your conceptions are faulty.

No god seem to depend on Vishnu,only the humans and Indra pray him to kill demons.

It is the devas who go to the kshirasagara and prayer to Narayana to take avatar.

Why did Lord Rama pray to Lord Shiva?

Bhagavan is filled with ananda when he worships his pure devotees and serves them. Krishna also acted as the chariot driver of his devotee Arjuna, and as a small child Krishna carried the shoes of his father on his head. You cannot understand Bhagavan's lila without performing bhakti sadhana.

Why do Indra and all Gods,Demons pray to Lord Shiva to get the boons and blessings?

Shiva is mahadeva and mahesvara. He is the creator of the universal life as Shambhu. He is time itself. When you need gasoline (petrol) for your car do you go to the refinery? No, you go to the local distributor (gas station). Why wouldn't the devas go to Lord Shiva for protection, since he is personally present and visible to them. In Kshira Sagara even Brahma cannot see Narayana. They only approach him and offer prayers without being able to see Him. They do not do this every time they is a minor need, but only when dharma needs to be reestablished.

Why does he have the power to destroy the world?

Krishna has delegated powers to everyone in existence, including me and you. Some of us have more power than others. In the Gita he says these are all his vibhutis (oppulences).

Why doesnt Vishnu do everything and consider other gods just like humans who depend on him?

Narayana has set up the system of universal management to satisfy all of our desires. Sometimes we want to have control and power, so there are posts as devas which we can occupy.

You haven't read any of the scriptures obviously.

Lord Shiva and Brahma are the ones who bless people with material and spiritual stuff, if Vishnu is supreme why do these exist at all?

Everyone has the power to bless people with material things, including your neighbhor. To what degree they can bless you depends on what they have.

Guest guest

Tying in with what jndas has mentioned I would like to refer you to to Chapter 7 verse 22 in the Bhagvat Gita As it is:

sa tayā śraddhayā yuktas

tasyārādhanam īhate

labhate ca tataḥ kāmān

mayaiva vihitān hi tān

Translation

Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Not to sound rude but "Guest" you should not be narrow minded with your opinion on Lord Indra and Humans praying to Vishnu to kill demons, Read the Bhavat Gita and it shall answer any questions you may have... That's what I did

Guest guest

Please read the scriptures, you will find your conceptions are faulty.

It is the devas who go to the kshirasagara and prayer to Narayana to take avatar.

Bhagavan is filled with ananda when he worships his pure devotees and serves them. Krishna also acted as the chariot driver of his devotee Arjuna, and as a small child Krishna carried the shoes of his father on his head. You cannot understand Bhagavan's lila without performing bhakti sadhana.

Where does this is said that he will worship his pure devotees?If so does he worship you?U seem to sound like a pure devotee?arent u?

Shiva is mahadeva and mahesvara. He is the creator of the universal life as Shambhu. He is time itself. When you need gasoline (petrol) for your car do you go to the refinery? No, you go to the local distributor (gas station). Why wouldn't the devas go to Lord Shiva for protection, since he is personally present and visible to them. In Kshira Sagara even Brahma cannot see Narayana. They only approach him and offer prayers without being able to see Him. They do not do this every time they is a minor need, but only when dharma needs to be reestablished.

Krishna has delegated powers to everyone in existence, including me and you. Some of us have more power than others. In the Gita he says these are all his vibhutis (oppulences).

Narayana has set up the system of universal management to satisfy all of our desires. Sometimes we want to have control and power, so there are posts as devas which we can occupy.

You haven't read any of the scriptures obviously.

First of all quit being so arrogant,do u know it all,u sound as if u know it all and i know nothing,i just asked something that has been a question for years from different people.If u do not know how to explain dont try to make me look like someone who didnt read stuff,if u have read them then quote them here if not just move on.As u urself said we r all piece of god so quit demoting others and promoting urself.

Everyone has the power to bless people with material things, including your neighbhor. To what degree they can bless you depends on what they have.

So whom did Vishnu bless?Y do people go to him only to kill demons?So if there r no demons he becomes void isnt he?

Guest guest

Tying in with what jndas has mentioned I would like to refer you to to Chapter 7 verse 22 in the Bhagvat Gita As it is:

sa tayā śraddhayā yuktas

tasyārādhanam īhate

labhate ca tataḥ kāmān

mayaiva vihitān hi tān

Translation

Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Not to sound rude but "Guest" you should not be narrow minded with your opinion on Lord Indra and Humans praying to Vishnu to kill demons, Read the Bhavat Gita and it shall answer any questions you may have... That's what I did

Well tell me where it stated that he helps people other than Killing demons?If u know Geetha well then quote it.

Namasker

Actually Lord shiva has take manifestation from lord brahma. But lord vishnu is supreme among these three main gods. According to lord vishnus law and order all other gods are appointed in specific jobs. Lord shiva is god of destruction and so people who want to win any battle or war worships him. Similarly arjuna also did penance for getting boon and weapons.

In present age for normal people it is really difficult to comprehend lilas of supreme godhead.

Hare Krsna