IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
renuka

Da Vinci Code

Rate this topic

Guest guest

an interesting group of gnostic christians:

sophian.org

they teach Magadalene was Jesus wife, and his shakti. They also teach reincarnation is a true. Gnostic means they deal with esoteric knowledge; not the mainstream exoteric version of Christianity.

Gnostic means they deal with esoteric knowledge

not esoteric knowledge, just knowledge - it's derived from a greek word. Gnostics were originally named so due to their "knowing" (i.e. the teachings of Christ). Later Gnostism became heresy and they were forced to convert or die, so the word has lost its meaning in the Church.

Also an interestng point - simlilarity gnosta and g(j)nana (sanskrit for knowledge or wisdom)

Guest guest

not esoteric knowledge, just knowledge - it's derived from a greek word. Gnostics were originally named so due to their "knowing" (i.e. the teachings of Christ). Later Gnostism became heresy and they were forced to convert or die, so the word has lost its meaning in the Church.

Also an interestng point - simlilarity gnosta and g(j)nana (sanskrit for knowledge or wisdom)

I am not a greek linguist, but every definition I have seen of 'gnosis' is that it deals with transcendental or esoteric knowledge.

Gnostics believed they were initiated into secret or higher knowledge. The first verse of the Gospel of Thomas says: "These are the secret sayings which the Living Jesus spoke and Thomas wrote down. Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings shall not taste death.." Thus, it claims to be dealing with esoteric knowledge, that must be discerned by the higher buddhic-mind.

Many gnostics divided humans into three races or spiritual grades. They are as follows: hylics (bestial humanity); psychics (intellectuals); and pnuematics (spiritually intuitive). Gnostics would be those advanced souls (pneumatics) ready to receive the higher knowledge that liberates one from material existence in this lifetime.

Gnosticism like the Jewish Kabbalah deals with esoteric knowledge, and therefore, was never considered something that the masses could receive. It was knowledge that would only be able to be received by advanced initiates. Hylics will not receive gnosis in this lifetime. In future incarnations, as they spiritually progress, then even hylics can become enlightened.

And yes, Jnana and gnosis mean the same thing. :)

So much speculation. My belief is, Jesus returned from traveling to India at 30 years. Then taught for three years as covered partially in the 4 Gospels and then was cruxified and resurrected that body to prove life exists beyond death.

In those three years I don't see any room for family life and raising children. But people will believe what they like including me.

For sure though we will never understand the truth of anything by reading novels which is what they Da Vinci Code is.

It is kinda like learning about rasa dance from someone who considers Krsna an ordinary human being.

Guest guest

For sure though we will never understand the truth of anything by reading novels which is what they Da Vinci Code is.

Just so you know, the sophian.org has nothing to do with the Da Vinci Code book.

The legends of Jesus & Magadalene have been around for many centuries. Especially in France.

In the Gospel of Philip, an early gnostic text it states, Jesus and Mary kissed often on the (lips). Actually the lips part is missing in the text, but it assumed that is what it is referring to.

How much of Jesus life actually occured, and how much is based on legend of previous god-men, is up for speculation. But the ancient gods and avatars, including all the Vedic gods, always had consorts.

Isis & Osiris

Radha & Krishna

Sita & Rama

..even if Jesus was just a rabbi. All rabbis were married. Marriage and sexual mysticism is heavily stressed in Judaism. Infact, one is said to not be even to really understand the mysteries of the Kabbalah, outside of sexual union with a godly wife. It is thought that Kabbalah is not easily understood by celibates; since it deals with the mysteries of the Divine Masculine & Feminine (Shiva & Shakti) on all levels of being.

Magdalene could have been Jesus' shakti. The Song of Songs is an extremely erotic book, and has been traditionally interpreted by Christians as speaking of their Messiah. Well, here is an interesting tidbit:

Attributed to Solomon, the Song of Songs has remained part of the official cannon, despite its unmistakably erotic imagery. The Roman Catholic church traditionally reads from the Song of Songs on Mary Magdalen's feast day.

hmm.

Very short on time today, however, Mother Saraswati, the wife of Lord Brahma, also incarnated (partially) as Mary, queen of magdalia. Mary is also known as Sophia (wisdom), the same position as Srimati Saraswati. I have commented often about the creator (brahma) partially incarnating as Lord Jesus Christ.

I have surmised thru years of study of extra-biblical works that Mary and Lord Jesus were married, procreated, lived in France. The passing of Lord Jesus, taught to be 40 days after the ressurection, is actually surmised by scholars as from as early as 500 days after the assassination attempt to approximately over 70 years later. Some less credible scholars go so far as to surmise that Lord Jesus was still physically present even as constantine was ruining his teachings, burning his biographies (by women scholars like mary, mother mary, and salome, the midwife who never left the presence of Lord Jesus except during his travels with joseph of arithemia.)

The lore from england, the scottish rightists, the templars, etc, insist that he spent a lot of time in England, and from what I have studied, the science is more than credible, in fact, rather uncanny.

Out of time today, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

In Matthew 19 Jesus is question by his disciples on what contitues divorce. After hearing about some of the troubles married life can bring the disciples said this:

10The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."

11Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage<SUP>[c]</SUP>because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Jesus as a family man? I just don't see it fits in with mission. What, you mean to say he retired from his active ministry and moved to the burbs to enjoy life?

I am not saying avatars can't have consorts I just don't think he did on this trip.

He is truly as fascinating soul. He captured so much of the world's attention and we know so little about him? I also believe he came again to Earth as Haridas Thakur.

:namaskar:Lord Jesus Christ Ki Jaya!

Guest guest

Christianity removed the Goddess and has spent 2,000 yrs. spreading patriarchal teachings, which lack the balance of the divine mother and the feminine intuition.

Yet the basic need to seek the comfort and support of a divine mother figure has persisted, especially in Catholic circles, where Mary has secretly (and not so secretly) filled the role of the Goddess.

The Gnostics clearly were in touch with the Divine Feminine, and their legends about the Goddess Sophia confirm this.

Sadly, western religion was taken over by unenlightened outer religious teachers, whose greatest understanding of God was that of an gray bearded, old male figure seated on a distant throne; disconnected from creation, except when he is angry.

Guest guest

I think there is a great interest in Gnostic Christianity at the moment, with National Geographic channel promoting it and all. The Da Vinci code will only help with this interest. Who knows maybe there will be a Gnostic revival and it may save Chrsitianity in the end, though it wouldn't be the Christianity of the church.

i have not read Da Vinci Code,

does the book mentioned Jesus died after crucifixion

I don't know, it could say anything afterall it is a novel and now a movie, you know, whatever sells. It is really more pop culture than spiritual culture.

We know that Jesus didn't die on the cross for the simple reason that no one ever dies. Death is a myth. That is one of the many lessons we learn by examining the life of Christ. Real Life exists beyond birth and death.

I am not a greek linguist, but every definition I have seen of 'gnosis' is that it deals with transcendental or esoteric knowledge.

you're right on every point, i was just pointing out that the word does not refer to esoteric knowledge - that rference came afterwards.

Thanks for all your replys. Inspite of all speculations it is an interesting novel. Thanks to Srila Prabhupada. He worte all his teachings in his books. If not, we would also be speculating like them. As long as our books are not changed we have hope. After all Srila Prabhupada's books are the lawbooks for next ten thousand years. BETTER NOT PLAY WITH HIS BOOKS:smash:

Guest guest

Da Vinci code was debunked not too long ago, I think.

no doubt by Catholic and Protestants, who have an agenda.

if Jesus was married, they would have to totally revaluate their beliefs.

Thanks for all your replys. Inspite of all speculations it is an interesting novel. Thanks to Srila Prabhupada. He worte all his teachings in his books. If not, we would also be speculating like them. As long as our books are not changed we have hope. After all Srila Prabhupada's books are the lawbooks for next ten thousand years. BETTER NOT PLAY WITH HIS BOOKS:smash:

I'm with you there renuka.

Keep, your hands off his books!:smash:

Originally Posted by Guest

Da Vinci code was debunked not too long ago, I think.

no doubt by Catholic and Protestants, who have an agenda.

if Jesus was married, they would have to totally revaluate their beliefs.

And Krsna's rasa dance being the act of a lusty village playboy was debunked by devotees.

This is the problem with all these speculative theories. They are based on incomplete information with the gaps filled in by the mind.

Apparently some say Jesus died a family man in France. That is new to me until I read Mahaksa's post as I had never heard that before. But others insist he is buried in Kashmire. They all have their theories and so called proofs but obvious one or both are mistaken.

Myself I don't accept that he left a form anywhere on Earth. He just left.

Haribol. I read the da vinci code, and found it interesting as a novel. A better novel on the same lines is lewis perdue's "Daughter of God".

But, as theist rightly states, novels are novels. When we separate fact from fiction, we do so by good research. I love lewis perdue, because his research is not just plagarizing like brown. Novels based on fact are very astute, and give a wirter a bit of licence to present theory while establishing credibility.

What is credible is the fact that "Goddess" worship was, indeed, systematically removed from christian theism by political persons with motives for control of populations by religion. The constantinian book burnings are well known, all the female writers, theologians and biographers who actually recorded the life of Lord Jesus Christ were destroyed.

Goddess worship is well understand by the Vaisnava, especially parampara descendants from Madhavendra Puri, who instilled gopi bhava into vaisnavism, and was incarnated in the form of Lord Chaitanya, who was emersed in goddess worship, actually a dual worship of transcendental couple of Radha Krsna. Lord Jesus Christ taught basic rudimentary bhakti, embracing the rasas of servitude, friendship, and even a small taste of Parental rasa, via the incarnation of Israel (the wife of God, literally) in the form, immaculately conceived (nitya siddha) Mother Mary. Mary Magdaline's relationship with Lord Jesus is firmly established even in the canon, she is his most confidential disciple, she is the one who is there to see Him first, etc. The extra biblical scripts that were not polluted by constantine, from other parts of the world not controlled by HRE, contain much evidence that further describes the relationship between Jesus and the queen of Magdalia. The scriptures, such as the essene dead sea scrolls, the gnostic nag hamadhi, and the ture Kebra Nagast, the story of unbroken chain of emporers who possessed the pearl of eternal life given to the first man by The Supreme Lord through his representative (Gabriel) (all too similar to Narayan to Vivaswan to Manu), contain histories that were actually embraced by the druids (who were actually true christians even before Roman Missionaries came to destroy their culture, via Patrick, the killer of snakes, meaning killer of druids, whose symbol was of Sankarsana), the Cathars of France, who were worshippers of Mary Magdaline, their flame haired goddess, and even by the worshippers of St John the Baptist as the spiritual master of Lord Jesus Christ, who later became the Knights Templar. To study just the St John worshippers is quite interesting if one likes the stories of the barbary coast pirates, who were the enemies of the christian world. Their flag, the jolly roger, is a symbol of John the Baptist, who was beheaded, and whose skull and bones were rescued by his devotees. The pirates were quite religious, practiced mystic yoga, were somewhat saivite/kali ma ists.

One thing we can all agree on, and is confirmed by Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Swami in his many informal teachings on the subject, is that the true teachings and histories of Lord Jesus have been subject to revisionism, manipulation, and other things we, as vaisnavas, experiance from the likes of book changers at BBT and revisionist embracers of everything written by Tamal and co, everything except Srila Prabhupadas books (ie rtviks).

All and all, the teachings of Lord Jesus can be summed up like Srila Prabhupada can be summed up by "Chant Harinama and your life will be sublime". Lord Jesus Teachings are "Take what I have, take my yoke, it is light, we will feast with abraham and all the saints at the table of My Father who has sent Me." "Jesus had a wife" is not unlike "jesus ate fish". As the creator servant of the Supreme Father, everything belongs to him. The materialist did not see this, and Jesus told him to go away.

I have heard the teaching that theist presents, but we also understand that this teaching was prior to Mary presenting herself to Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus is not a materialist, so his relationship with the queen of Magdalia, whom the gospel of thomas confirms is closer to Lord Jesus than is Peter, who pretended to not even know Him when he was asked.

My point is that the bible is woefully suspect. They (bible believers) choose to call a righteous queen a whore. This was never the case, she was indicted because of her immense wealth, which is the charge according to Romal Legal documents, not prostitution. She renounced her throne and her homeland specifically to meet Lord Jesus Christ. I accept her transcendental, non-materialistic marriage to Lord Jesus Christ, just as I accept that Mother Mary is an equal if not greater Avatar (Shaktivesha) to Lord Jesus Himself. I accept Joseph the Carpenter, father of thomas and james and stepfather to Lord Jesus Christ, as the most wealthy of citizens at the time, and so powerful that he thwarted serious attempts by the king of Judea (Herod) to vanquish his family.

Haribol, I like this subject, speculative, yes, but much greater than merely a novel for entertainment. Ten million documents about Jesus exist. My source for many great and interesting things is from http://www.ancientmanuscripts.com.

ys mahaksadasa

I see one big difference in how Mahaksadas and other devotees relate to such questions and how the materialistic speculators handle them. What I object to is the attempt to "humanism Jesus", meaning to bring him down into material consciousness. Mahaksa (and others devotees) don't do that. Rather they attempt to understand the true nature of the relationships that Christ had with others and understanding distinct flavors of rasa that are possible in the life of a transcendental servant of the Supreme Lord.

Jesus is a person (soul) also and not just a figure head for a religion. And it is here that I see the fundemental error of those that try to drag Christ into material consciousness like our own. They think to be a person means to be a human form along with it's frailties and weaknesses. So by trying to recognize the personality of Jesus and allow for that they make this mistake. This comes from not recognizing that the spirit self IS the person and personal.

On the surface they may sound similar but in truth are two distinct propositions.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">i have read it and i thought it was a bit dodgy but aan intersesting book</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>