IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
xdementorsxkiss

Etiquette at a Centre

Rate this topic

Haribol!

Today I had a dentist appointment, and I decided to leave my house a little bit early, so I could locate the ISKCON center here in Los Angeles.

I did find it, and it's beautiful! I didn't have any time to stop and come in, because I had an appointment that I did not want to be late for.

Before I go in, I want to learn a little about what to expect, who to talk to, and most important - how my appearance should be.

Whenever I go anywhere, I always tell myself: "How would you dress if you were to meet Sri Krishna?" Of course I don't dress like I'm going to a ball,

but I dress nice enough, so people don't throw coins at me..:crazy:

I was thinking about calling first, to possibly meet with someone there, so they can help me, show me around, let me know what they do there.

Do you think this is a good idea?

And also.. in your experience, what happens at a Centre, and also

what should I know before I go? (How to greet, how to behave, etc).

Thank you!

-Jenna

Jenna you are in order to be bless in a maner you could not imagine at.

I went to once an it was so nice, i eat nice prasadam before Bhakti Vilash speek, no, read, that one special Purport from Prabhupäda´s book the Geetah As it is i think you will find what your heart, honestly hanker to.

Steel. that one Verse continualy steel steel is rooting in my deal, it was soo nice, then we ate in the floor just in this humble maner. some devotee handle to mee this kratals and we started to chant the Narasimha sanskrit prayer.. so nice.

I remember the devotees present in the ISKCON humble house here south america - And, when mathaji she was doing kind some puja, but the deities (Gour-Nitai)from the temple house were hidden just right when she open the altar doing her puja.. all devotees bow to the flor, in an flashy instant. i was the only one standing up.

I was dredded (head-hair) that time... And bhaktivilash spoked to me myslelf nice.

Couse i was new face rounds there.

Thank GOd for them asociation.

Everything in there is HARE KRSNA !

Guest guest

to go is on sunday, there is a feast and arotik from about 4pm to 8pm each sunday, many guests then

Thank you so much to Kamalasana and to Guest.

Kamalasana - I am so happy that you have such a wonderful time!

Now I am looking even more forward to going!!!

I hope that I can go there often. It is about an hour and a half away from my house, so I wouldn't be able to go regularly, but I will try my best :)

I am also a mother that stays at home (My daughter is 21 months old, 2 years old in July), so it is hard for me to really go out. I'm sure you understand.

There is not many people that can help me with my daughter. My husband of course, works during the day, and at night I have dinner ready for him, and put the baby to sleep. Over the weekend we spend together as a family. Sundays would be perfect to go, since my husband is home Saturdays and Sundays from work.

My husband believes in Judaism, and naturally I believe in Krishna.

But you know what? It works out perfectly fine. He loves the fact that I find such bliss and happiness and love with Lord Krishna and His followers.

A friend of mine is a Buddhist, and she is very open to everything. Right now she is on a cruise (LUCKY!), and when she gets back, I'll see if she would like to attend with me (so my husband can watch our daughter). Since the Centre is an hour and a half away, it'll be nice to have some company for the drive (and to also know someone else there!)

God bless all of you :)

There is also a nice vegetarian restaraunt ran by the ISKCON temple in L.A. called Govinda's (right next to the temple). You may want to visit there sometime. Don't worry so much about how to greet people and what to do, Krishna will make all arrangements for you. For the temple, you have to take your shoes off before entering, for the restaraunt and gift shop you can keep the shoes on.

So many new people visit there everyday, so you won't be out of place no matter how you are. They expect new people to come and look forward to it.

Yes, LA is Huge... I remember exactly the part of the shoes, those stayed downstair as the altar was placed in a second floor, from where we sit and have meals, and chanting.

Sudenly the devotees loudly shouting

Ki jay !!!

jejeje, is steel living this memory, naturaly simple way, yes.

I have also seen some nice video from LA documenting the bhagavad gueeta museum, is huge !!

The user on this forum (HI DWAYNE!!!!) sent me several links about the Centre!

I did go down there, but only drove by. It is GORGEOUS. More beautiful than I imagined! I couldn't stop (my appointment) but while I was driving to my appointment, I cried, I was so happy!

I'm very excited about going soon :)

I hope they don't mind, but I can chant for HOURS :)

My Buddhist friend Nicole even calls me "the chanter" haha!

HARIBOL,

hare krishna,,hare krishna,, hare krishna,,

I must say that I first visited the manor(uk) in 1979, then went abroad whilest always thinking about krishna but not being with devotees. Then 15 years ago I visited my manchester local temple and then never kept going.

Always I have prayed to krishna since 1979 , but not always been with devotee`s.

Recently I started visiting again my local temple , and now realise THE IMPORTANCE OF ASSOSIATING WITH OTHER DEVOTEES.

There is no other people in the world to listen to exept devotees, so you must go to your local temple.

I now realize what I have been missing.

Go with clean body, clean cloths and clean heart and pure devotion to krishna.

I have missed so much, but have now found so much by just going to my local temple and being with devotees.

HARE KRISHNA