IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Devotees mean?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Can I ask a question..? Why are some devotees so mean? I mean I go temple and some devotees talk about others ..they act very boastful and full of pride. Even in here whenever someone ask a question devotees just get angry and say mean things instead of taking time to answer questions....I'm starting to loose faith in other devotees.

Disha, You should lose faith in such people. You never should have placed you faith there in the first place but at first we just assume everyone that wears "devotional" clothes with beads and tilak is a devotee.

I have come to look at it like this. Srila Prabhupada is Krsna's devotee. There certainly are others but he has become prominant in my sight. So I can feel secure in putting my faith there. I see others around me as on the path and ahead of me but just because they are ahead of me doesn't mean all they may do or say I should have faith in.

You should keep your discerning intellect and in so doing you will side step many traps. But also don't hate others for their faults in the same way we don't want to be hated for ours.

As we gradually move along the spiritual journey we can become aware how lacking in love this material world can be. This is why scripture teaches us to look beyond imperfections, to see the true nature behind this material cover.

At the same time, it is easy to say this but not so easy to put tolerance into practice.

One meditation I use that can help is to see what part I have to play in all this. To be reflective, and to acknowledge that somehow I have found myself in this material world too, along with everybody else. And by acknowledging my part in all this, begin working on myself along side with practicing tolerance of shortcomings.

And most importantly be very gentle and kind to oneself. All the best!