IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vipul

My trip to Gangotri/ Gomukh ( where Ganga emerges out of a Glacier in Himalayas)

Rate this topic

After reading the book " My life, it's legacy and message" by Sri Ram Shanrma Acharya ( this book can be downloaded from the literature section ( Englsih) about his trip to deeper sections of Himalayas to meet his ageless Guru and Risihi's of yore, in www--awgp--org, I felt compled to go Gomukh and we went there last year.

We went to Ganagotri ( stayed at facilities provided by Gharwal Vikas Nigam guest houses). and from there we ( I my wife and 10 yr old son) went on a 22 km. hike to Gomukh. ( stated at Bhojwasa Guesthouse overnight). I just can not get over the trip.. What an expereince..

Also, In Ganagotri, I met Swami Sundadarananda who has been roaming in Himalayas for past 50 years with a camera and has a large collection of beautiful pictures of Himalayas. ( They are published in a book titled: Himalayas-- throguht a lens of a Sadhu)

Vipul..