IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hell

Rate this topic

Guest guest
why do we/u all use the word hell? the word that the christian use they took from the nordic religion called asatru, a hedenistic religion, hell come from the word helheim, a world where the criminals and cowards of war will reside, helheim isnt even hot, its a landscape of ice and snow, and the criminals are frozen in a big lake, and the goddess of helheim is Hel, a goddes with half the face like a skelleton and the other half like a beautiful woman.. so why do we/u use nordic thermonology that the christians took for there own? loka mean world in sanskrit, so why not says the lower planet system or what ever, its bad to use thermonology from a religion that took it from the norse belifes

Guest guest

Many people use the term "Hellish" instead. Srila Prabhupada did. Not because he believed in the nordic idealogies, but just to describe conditions.

Guest guest
but from sum devoutees and swamis ive read that "this and that will make u go to hell".. and the word hell is a nordic word.. why not use more correct termonology? its the same with the name satan that christians use, that word come from the egypt go of desert, Seth, and the hebrews couldnt say suti so after sum time with wrong saying it became satan.. and suti (seth) is more like shiva..

but from sum devoutees and swamis ive read that "this and that will make u go to hell".. and the word hell is a nordic word.. why not use more correct termonology? its the same with the name satan that christians use, that word come from the egypt go of desert, Seth, and the hebrews couldnt say suti so after sum time with wrong saying it became satan.. and suti (seth) is more like shiva..

Lord Siva isn't Satan, that is the same as saying Lord Visnu is Satan which is completely false.

Siva and Visnu are the same, just in different forms. Siva is the Destroyer ... not the Devil.

Guest guest

Lord Siva isn't Satan, that is the same as saying Lord Visnu is Satan which is completely false.

Siva and Visnu are the same, just in different forms. Siva is the Destroyer ... not the Devil.

please read what i wrote.. in the egyptian religion, the god suti ruled, where the jews where held captive, and they think that if the people are bad, it is their gods fault, but the jews couldnt say suti, so it bevame seth, later sethian and shaitan and at the end satan, meening advecery, or accucer, then the christian took the name satan and transformed him to an evil being, with the body of pan in greek mythology.. the jewish religion dont have any devil.. if u start reading about other religions u will find the same thing as everybody else, the god suti is an desert god, and is very alike shiva.. all religons is arrived from the vedic religion according to my siksa guru, and when i told him about this he said, this is true (that all religion is based on the Vedas), so the egyptian form of shiva is suti (seth).. before u accuse me of anything please prabhu, read about amorfism and symbolism and other religions.. and then please read what iv wrote, then post sumthing..

Hare Krsna

According to the below details, Seth does not sound like Shiva!

Set

Other Names: Seth, Seti, Sutekh, Suti.

Description: Reddish-white skin and bright red hair.

Rules Over: Hunger, thirst, thunder, storm, suffering, revenge, cursing, death, dark magick, darkness, evil, destruction, chaos, foreigners.

Seth was portrayed as a man with the head of undeterminable origin, although some see in it the head of an aardvark. He had a curved snout, erect square-tipped ears and a long forked tail. He was sometimes entirely in animal form with the body similar to that of a greyhound. Animals sacred to this god where the dog, the jackal, the gazelle, the donkey, the crocodile, the hippopotamus, and the pig. There was an important sanctuary at Ombos in Upper Egypt, his reputed birthplace, and considered to be the home of his cult. This cult was also prominent in the north-eastern region of the Nile delta. The Greeks equated him with their Typhon.

The Jewish Satan and the Christian Satan are two completely different beings. The Jewish Satan is nothing more than a trickster and he hate humans not God. The Christian Satan is the most evil being you'll ever want to meet, he rules hell, and he uses his time manipulating people into doing bad things. I do not believe in Satan, people are responsible for evil. And God cannot be Satan. And Pan is actually Roman if I'm not mistakened.

The name Lucifer for instance actually means " light-bearer" and is associated with Venus, hence " the morning star". So I guess if you tan out in the sun you're going to hell because Lucifer refers to the sun and light in general. Satan was used to scare people into converting which is still being used today but doesn't work as well.

please read what i wrote.. in the egyptian religion, the god suti ruled, where the jews where held captive, and they think that if the people are bad, it is their gods fault, but the jews couldnt say suti, so it bevame seth, later sethian and shaitan and at the end satan, meening advecery, or accucer, then the christian took the name satan and transformed him to an evil being, with the body of pan in greek mythology.. the jewish religion dont have any devil.. if u start reading about other religions u will find the same thing as everybody else, the god suti is an desert god, and is very alike shiva.. all religons is arrived from the vedic religion according to my siksa guru, and when i told him about this he said, this is true (that all religion is based on the Vedas), so the egyptian form of shiva is suti (seth).. before u accuse me of anything please prabhu, read about amorfism and symbolism and other religions.. and then please read what iv wrote, then post sumthing..

Hare Krsna

I did not write with the intention of accusing you, I was just speaking generally. Siva is the greatest devotee of Lord Visnu therefore we should not associate him with the Devil.

Hare Bol

I did not write with the intention of accusing you, I was just speaking generally. Siva is the greatest devotee of Lord Visnu therefore we should not associate him with the Devil.

Hare Bol

I believe that Shiva should be respected as Sri Krsna's dearest bhakta and His expansion.

Laghu Bhagavatamrita

by Rupa Gosvami

Śiva's form named Sadāśiva, who is a direct expansion of the Personality of

Godhead, is the cause of all causes, is free from the slightest scent of the mode of ignorance, and resides in Śivaloka, is described in the Vayu Purana and other scriptures.

namaste

Guest guest

Hare Krishna devotees. Sorry to interfere with your interesting discussion but, the word hell is what I say because I think I fell in love with a beautiful woman and due to circumstances now I am very far away from her. I've been attending a local Hare Krishna Temple where I chanted 16 rounds of maha-mantra the other day, but is not helping, anyway I am missing this woman more and more each day. I read again Bhagavad-gita Chapter 2 verses 62 and 63, where we learn that we must not attach ourselves to sense gratification, anyway I'm still missing this woman and because of that I can't concentrate at all in my daily duties. So, when I read the word Hell in this forum I feel as if I am there myself already because I am not with this woman any longer. So if you devotees wish that I can see her again real soon then you'll be helping someone getting out of hell. Thanks. Hare Krishna. BW. And please don't misunderstand me, even Lord Sri Krsna Himself feels not so well deep inside when He is not close to Srimati Radharani. So what can we expect from a fallen person like myself.

I've been attending a local Hare Krishna Temple where I chanted 16 rounds of maha-mantra the other day, but is not helping, anyway I am missing this woman more and more each day.

Is it not possible for you to share Krsna Consciousness with her? She is also a spirit soul. Together, you may help each other become better devotees.

Guest guest

What Hell What Haven

where our beautiful Lord Krishna wants us to go; we shall go for him

Guest guest

if u read about how the christians came up with the idea of satan, u will know that they took the body from pan, a satyr.. furthermore suti is like shiva if u study him more closely, becuase he is a ascetic god ho lives in the desert.. the egyptian and the vedic religion is almost the same, the only thing is that the name and form vary.. before all of u start to make an discution about this more, i will urge u to read a book called Egyptian Magick by Gerald Schueler that is based on the egyptian mythology..

the christians took the jesu myth from the mithra myth and satan from the god pan with the name from suti..

i will now stop discussing this matter because none of u understand me..

if u read about how the christians came up with the idea of satan, u will know that they took the body from pan, a satyr.. furthermore suti is like shiva if u study him more closely, becuase he is a ascetic god ho lives in the desert.. the egyptian and the vedic religion is almost the same, the only thing is that the name and form vary.. before all of u start to make an discution about this more, i will urge u to read a book called Egyptian Magick by Gerald Schueler that is based on the egyptian mythology..

the christians took the jesu myth from the mithra myth and satan from the god pan with the name from suti..

i will now stop discussing this matter because none of u understand me..

Which tells me that the Christian Satan doesn't exist since he's fabricated, but Lord Shiva does so therefore he's not Satan. And actually I see little connection of the Egyptian gods and Hindu gods.

Guest guest

Which tells me that the Christian Satan doesn't exist since he's fabricated, but Lord Shiva does so therefore he's not Satan. And actually I see little connection of the Egyptian gods and Hindu gods.

then i urge u to study egyptology more

I read the Egyptian Book of the Dead a year ago and see no connection. Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting your theory or anything, you might see the connection but I don't. In fact, Osiris and Isis actually sound like they were deified, almost like they were mortals at one time.

Guest guest

I read the Egyptian Book of the Dead a year ago and see no connection. Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting your theory or anything, you might see the connection but I don't. In fact, Osiris and Isis actually sound like they were deified, almost like they were mortals at one time.

maybe only advanced mystic and ockultist see the connection.. but let me ask u this, are there hindu, egyptian and norse gods in the universe, or are there the same gods but under different names in different regions? different people in different lands have other views then hindus, so the form and name vary.. to say that only hindu gods exist is very stupid to say, so their are 1 shiva, but has a other name in egypt.. and there his name ARE suti..

All gods are one in the same but the interpretations of them differ. But Shiva in no way is connected to Satan. Satan is a fabrication of the Christian religion. I know this because I was once a Christian and if you study the differences between the Jewish devil and the Christian Satan you'll realize there is fabrication there to make people convert to the Christian Church. Satan is not a god he is an adversary of God in Christian tradition, but in Jewish tradition he is an adversary to mankind. Do you see Shiva taking on this role?

What Hell What Haven

where our beautiful Lord Krishna wants us to go; we shall go for him

I'm a little confused... Are you the same "Guest" that I replied to? If so, could you elaborate a little on your reply? If not, are you sure it's Krsna's desire?

Guest guest

All gods are one in the same but the interpretations of them differ. But Shiva in no way is connected to Satan. Satan is a fabrication of the Christian religion. I know this because I was once a Christian and if you study the differences between the Jewish devil and the Christian Satan you'll realize there is fabrication there to make people convert to the Christian Church. Satan is not a god he is an adversary of God in Christian tradition, but in Jewish tradition he is an adversary to mankind. Do you see Shiva taking on this role?

why cant any one here read what other wright? i didnt say that shiva is satan, i said that suti and shiva are almost the same, and the jews couldnt say suti so later it became satan.. AND in jewish religion, asfar i know, satan arent even in the religion, the "evil ones" name is belial.. please start READING what other wright, then u can answer

why cant any one here read what other wright? i didnt say that shiva is satan, i said that suti and shiva are almost the same, and the jews couldnt say suti so later it became satan.. AND in jewish religion, asfar i know, satan arent even in the religion, the "evil ones" name is belial.. please start READING what other wright, then u can answer

I believe we understand that you are not calling Lord Shiv a devil, but it is not right for one to associate a Vaisnava with anything evil.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest
to associate seth (suti) with evil is like do the same with shiva, shiva handles the destruction of the universe, no? but He aint evil because of that, the same with seth, he is the god of the harshness of war and the desert, and of ascetic life, the desert arent evil and the same with seth, he do it on the order of Atem, God.. Atem is the greatest of all the egyptian Gods, His name is the same meaning as Govinda, the supreme cause of all causes..

Guest guest

But I thought Seth was the one who cut Osiris into pieces?

yes he did, because osiris tricked himself to be king of the gods, the throne was meant for seth, but isis tricked him with the help with osiris, and then seth cut him up and scattered him in the nile.. but later osiris was granted the thrown of the neitherworld.. still his not evil.. shiva killed many demons etc but he aint evil..