IndiaDivine.org

Dear group members...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear group members, Hare krishna..,

This is not an ordinary forum, it is empowered with spirituality, so  please use ur intelligence  and  faith  in teachings of  srila prabhupada and lord chaitanya...please  first  try to  live in consoiusness of krishna which  will let u  all doubts  of life  processes in devotion, then post, the questions, this  forum is strictly for those who want to be serious in self -  realisation, please,  its not for some fun making  forum...........meditate always on form of lord krishna. since it is  said in Bhagavad gita.....ABANDON ALL RELIGIONS AND SERVE MY(lORD  KRISHNA) LOTUS FEET, EVERYTHING IS TAKEN CARE BY ME(LORD KRISHNA). So  please utilize this oppurtunity to be perfect disciples  of lord  krishna, chant always

"HARE KRISHNA   HARE KRISHNA    KRISHNA   KRISHNA   HARE     HARE

HARE RAMA        HARE  RAMA        RAMA         RAMA         HARE     HARE"

...hare  krishna..................viswacheda

Statement:

in Bhagavad gita.....ABANDON ALL RELIGIONS AND SERVE My LORD KRISHNA

Reply:

When Sri Krishna said to Arjuna

"sarva dharmam paritiaja"

He meant that Arjuna should discard any dharma, namely any occupational duty as described in the vedic shastra, (not religions in the sense used nowadays, which might be confusing for the western readers).

As one knows from Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.13, the highest perfection can be achieved by discharging the duties prescribed for one's own occupation according to caste divisions and orders of life, by which the Supreme Personality, Sri Hari is pleased.

ataḥ pumbhir dvija-śreṣṭhā / varṇāśrama-vibhāgaśaḥ

svanuṣṭhitasya dharmasya / saḿsiddhir hari-toṣaṇam

(Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.13)

This type of perfection was confuted by Sri Krishna Caitanya as being external.

The matter of fact Sri Krishna says in the beginning of His gita,

that Arjuna should act according the karmic rules, namely following his occupational duty, namely his ksatriya dharma, without attachment to success or failure, perfectly equipoised, than this is called yoga

yoga-sthaḥ kuru karmāṇi / sańgaḿ tyaktvā dhanañjaya

siddhy-asiddhyoḥ samo bhūtvā / samatvaḿ yoga ucyate

(Bg. 2.48)

Later Sri Krishna is giving instruction on the (third) higher type of perfection as in the verse from Bg. 18.66,

sarva dharmam paritiaja / mam ekam sharanam vraja

aham tvaM sarva pabebyo/ mokshay-shiami ma sucha

Where He says Arjuna should renounce any dharma related to the world, he should follow jaiva dharma, the innate occupational duty of the soul - acting in divine love: bhakti, and He touches the beginning of the process, namely sharanagati - full surrender - mam ekam sharanam vraja.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Sri Caitanya CaritamRta Madhya 8.63

<center>

sarva-dharmAn parityajya

mAm ekaM zaraNaM vraja

ahaM tvAM sarva-pApebhyo

mokSayiSyAmi mA zucaH

</center>

sarva-dharmAn--all kinds of occupational duties; parityajya--giving up; mAm ekam--unto Me only; zaraNam--as shelter; vraja--go; aham--I; tvAm--unto you; sarva-pApebhyaH--from all the reactions of sinful life; mokSayiSyAmi--will give liberation; mA--don't; zucaH--worry.

"As stated in scripture [bg. 18.66], ‘After giving up all kinds of religious and occupational duties, if you come to Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and take shelter, I will give you protection from all of life's sinful reactions. Do not worry.'"

PURPORT

In this connection, SrIla RaghunAtha dAsa GosvAmI instructs in his book ManaH-zikSA (2):

<center>

na dharmaM nAdharmaM zruti-gaNa-niruktaM kila kuru

vraje rAdhA-kRSNa-pracura-paricaryAm iha tanu

</center>

He has thus enjoined that we should not perform religious or irreligious activities as prescribed in the Vedas. The best course is to engage always in the service of Lord KRSNa and RAdhArANI. That is the perfection of everything in this life. Similarly, in <a href=http://vedabase.net/sb/4/29/46/en target=new>SrImad-BhAgavatam (4.29.46)</a> it is said by NArada Muni:

<center>

yadA yasyAnugRhNAti bhagavAn Atma-bhAvitaH

sa jahAti matiM loke vede ca pariniSThitAm

</center>

"When one actually takes to the loving service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he gives up all duties in the material world, as well as all duties prescribed by the Vedic literatures. In this way one is fixed in the service of the Lord."