IndiaDivine.org

naive one needs advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Dear Devotees,

please forgive my ignorance by posting this I feel really naive,

what is the case :

In the street were I live, lives a really spirituall family, they have a son and a daughter, who are both iniciated devotees and one of them is a bramacary and lives in a tempel.

I have a friendschip with him and his sister. We do things together such as bajans cooking, japatalks etc.

now it is so that lately I had lots of contact with him, we associatie a lot, as he was at home for a while...I feel really part of his family and I am always happy when I visit them...

what I sometimes forget is that he is a bramacary and that actually it is not allowed to associate together with a woman like we do.

Ofcourse I know to 'rules' that prabhu`s and mataji`s should not associatie ( only for service purposes and even that as least as possible)

The thing is that I do not see him as a bramacary but just as a friend who is a part-time neighbour.

yeah how naive as no I am noticing that he really likes me more that I like him...( by his woords, letters etc)

My devotee friends really told me to take lots lots of distance and not meeting with him any more,...its strange for me as we are friends for quit a while and his family are my friends too...

I do not what to hurt him, so what must I do?

It never came up in my head that he might fall in love or so...I have other friends who are men so I am not so conscious about the attraction that might develop. Perhaps as I can not imagne someone to like me in that way.

I prefer to play open cards and speak with him about the situation, than to ignore him out of nothing...is this the propper thing to do ?

hopefully someome can help me ...I am really scared to post this

your servant

thé naive one

He knows what he's supposed to be doing and is ignoring it, because of attachment. This, sadly, is Maya (though it may not be obvious).

The best thing you can do (in my opinon) is to talk to him about it, association etc, and say that you are having problems with it (as not to make him feel bad), and that maybe it would be better if you were more offical, and less friendly, and that it would be better for the both of you.

If that doesn't work out, and you are truly concerned for his Spiritual life (which is very nice if you are), then I suggest you talk to his Diksa or Siksa Guru, and they'll talk to him about it, and sort it out for you.

I hope that helps.

Dwayne