mudho ’yam nabhijanati

loko mam ajam avyayam

daivi hy esha guna-mayi

mama maya duratyaya

mam eva ye prapadyante

mayam etam taranti te

The Shvetashvatara Upanishad (4.10) states:

mayam tu prakritim vidyan mayinam tu maheshvaram

The supreme controller is the magician behind maya.

Jivas are covered by Maya, further Krishna states that " I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My Yoga-maya

Question is, is there any difference between yoga maya and daivi maya?

Jai Shree Krishna

Daivi Maya covers us, Yoga-maya covers Krishna, so we can't see Krishna. When Daivi-maya is gone, Yoga-maya works with us instead of against us. Actually helps us serve Krishna. It says that in Bhagavad-gita...

=======================================================

Bg: 7.25 Bhagavad-gita As It Is

By A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

naham prakasah sarvasya

yoga-maya-samavrtah

mudho 'yam nabhijanati

loko mam ajam avyayam

na-nor; aham-I; prakasah-manifest; sarvasya-to everyone; yoga-maya-internal potency; samavrtah-covered; mudhah-foolish; ayam-this; na-not; abhijanati-can understand; lokah-such less intelligent persons; mam-Me; ajam-unborn; avyayam-inexhaustible.

TRANSLATION

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible.

PURPORT

It may be argued that since Krsna was present on this earth and was visible to everyone, then why isn't He manifest to everyone now? But actually He was not manifest to everyone. When Krsna was present there were only a few people who could understand Him to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In the assembly of Kurus, when Sisupala spoke against Krsna being elected president of the assembly, Bhisma supported Him and proclaimed Him to be the Supreme God. Similarly, the Pandavas and a few others knew that He was the Supreme, but not everyone. He was not revealed to the nondevotees and the common man. Therefore in the Gita Krsna says that but for His pure devotees, all men consider Him to be like themselves. He was manifest only to His devotees as the reservoir of all pleasure. But to others, to unintelligent nondevotees, He was covered by His eternal potency.

In the prayers of Kunti in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (1.8.18) it is said that the Lord is covered by the curtain of yoga-maya and thus ordinary people cannot understand Him. Kunti prays: "O my Lord, You are the maintainer of the entire universe, and devotional service to You is the highest religious principle. Therefore, I pray that You will also maintain me. Your transcendental form is covered by the yoga-maya. The brahmajyoti is the covering of the internal potency. May You kindly remove this glowing effulgence that impedes my seeing Your sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, Your eternal form of bliss and knowledge."

This yoga-maya curtain is also mentioned in the Fifteenth Chapter of the Gita. The Supreme Personality of Godhead in His transcendental form of bliss and knowledge is covered by the eternal potency of brahmajyoti, and the less intelligent impersonalists cannot see the Supreme on this account. Also in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.14.7) there is this prayer by Brahma: "O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Supersoul, O master of all mystery, who can calculate Your potency and pastimes in this world? You are always expanding Your eternal potency, and therefore no one can understand You. Learned scientists and learned scholars can examine the atomic constitution of the material world or even the planets, but still they are unable to calculate Your energy and potency, although You are present before them." The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna, is not only unborn, but He is avyaya, inexhaustible. His eternal form is bliss and knowledge, and His energies are all inexhaustible.

Srimad-Bhagavad-gita.ved

=======================================================

Daivi Maya covers us, Yoga-maya covers Krishna, so we can't see Krishna. When Daivi-maya is gone, Yoga-maya works with us instead of against us. Actually helps us serve Krishna. It says that in Bhagavad-gita...

Bg: 7.25 Bhagavad-gita As It Is

By A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

naham prakasah sarvasya

yoga-maya-samavrtah

mudho 'yam nabhijanati

loko mam ajam avyayam

na-nor; aham-I; prakasah-manifest; sarvasya-to everyone; yoga-maya-internal potency; samavrtah-covered; mudhah-foolish; ayam-this; na-not; abhijanati-can understand; lokah-such less intelligent persons; mam-Me; ajam-unborn; avyayam-inexhaustible.

TRANSLATION

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible.

Jai Ganesh

To say god is covered by Maya is like saying the sun is covered by cloud.

The foolish and unintelligent are engaged in gross material life to them the Maya is like thick dark covering of clouds and for the pious and wise the covering of Maya is like light cloud for them the sun light penetrates through it, the sun is fussy, the soul still may feel the sun is obscure, and if the desires of the soul are not exhausted, the light cloud gathers momentum and the sun becomes invisible.

Krishna says 7.14

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.

Above Krishna describes Trigunatic maya as daivi maya, where else in 7.25 he states for those who are uninteligents ie in mode of ignorance, he is covered by Yoga-maya. And in chapter 18.61 he says;

The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on a machine, made of maya.

The Supreme Lord said: The natural faith of embodied beings is of three types: Saattvika, Raajasika, and Taamasika. Hear that from Me. (17.02)

O Arjuna, the faith of each is in accordance with one's own nature or Sanskaara.

The living being is said to be of a particular faith according to the modes he has acquired. (17.03)

The Maya is a veil that we create according to our desires.

Differences are like different clouds but essentially it is Maya

Jai Shree Krishna