IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
badmas

Namaste bhailog

Rate this topic

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my wrist in sanskrit (or vedic sanskrit if possible) and I'd appreciate some help with the translation.

The message I'd like tattood is "No God, No Master"

Thanks,

Vin

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my wrist in sanskrit (or vedic sanskrit if possible) and I'd appreciate some help with the translation.

The message I'd like tattood is "No God, No Master"

Thanks,

Vin

Since Sanskrit language is a spiritual language which almost all Holy Books like Bhagavad-Gita, Bhagavad-Puranas, Vedas, etc are written this language is only meant to discribe that there is a God - Lord Sri Krishna!

You wont find a Sanskrit verse saying, there's no God.

Better take words from sloka below :)

om namo bhagavate vâsudevâya

janmâdy asya yato 'nvayâd itaratas' cârtheshv abhijñah svarâth

tene brahma hridâ ya âdi-kavaye muhyanti yat sûrayah

tejo-vâri-mridâm yathâ vinimayo yatra tri-sargo 'mrishâ

dhâmnâ svena sadâ nirasta-kuhakam satyam param dhîmahi

om--O my Lord; namah--offering my obeisances; bhagavate--unto the Personality of Godhead; vâsudevâya--unto Vâsudeva (the son of Vasudeva), or Lord S'rî Krishna, the primeval Lord; janma-âdi--creation, sustenance and destruction; asya--of the manifested universes; yatah--from whom; anvayât--directly; itaratah--indirectly; ca--and; artheshu--purposes; abhijñah--fully cognizant; sva-râth--fully independent; tene--imparted; brahma--the Vedic knowledge; hridâ--consciousness of the heart; yah--one who; âdi-kavaye--unto the original created being; muhyanti--are illusioned; yat--about whom; sûrayah--great sages and demigods; tejah--fire; vâri--water; mridâm--earth; yathâ--as much as; vinimayah--action and reaction; yatra--whereupon; tri-sargah--three modes of creation, creative faculties; amrishâ--almost factual; dhâmnâ--along with all transcendental paraphernalia; svena--self-sufficiently; sadâ--always; nirasta--negation by absence; kuhakam--illusion; satyam--truth; param--absolute; dhîmahi--I do meditate upon.

TRANSLATION

O my Lord, S'rî Krishna, son of Vasudeva, O all-pervading Personality of Godhead, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. I meditate upon Lord S'rî Krishna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes. He is directly and indirectly conscious of all manifestations, and He is independent because there is no other cause beyond Him. It is He only who first imparted the Vedic knowledge unto the heart of Brahmâjî, the original living being. By Him even the great sages and demigods are placed into illusion, as one is bewildered by the illusory representations of water seen in fire, or land seen on water. Only because of Him do the material universes, temporarily manifested by the reactions of the three modes of nature, appear factual, although they are unreal. I therefore meditate upon Him, Lord S'rî Krishna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth.