IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Bomb blasts in North Indian Holy city?

Rate this topic

I just heard a brief clip on FOX news that there has been three bomb blasts in some holy city in North india. They did not name the city and I of course immediately thought of Vrndavan. Has anyone heard anything?

Print this page

Six killed in temple and rail station bomb blasts

08mar06

VARANASI, India: Explosions rocked a railway station and a Hindu temple yesterday in the holy city of Varanasi, and at least six people were killed and dozens injured, police said.

Authorities were scrambling to determine what caused blasts, and cities across India were put on high alert. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh appealed for calm, said his spokesman, Sanjaya Baru.

The explosions came days after Muslims and Hindus battled each other in the nearby city of Lucknow, and angry Hindus looted Muslim shops and burned vehicles in the coastal resort of Goa.

One blast went off at the Sankat Mochan temple in Varanasi near dusk, when the shrine was crowded with devout Hindus making a nightly offering to the monkey-god Hanuman, said Madan Mohan Pande, a police inspector.

Six people were killed at the temple and at least 22 wounded, said police official Mohammed Hashmi, but Indian television stations reported 12 people had died and dozens more were injured.

A witness, Nilesh Utpal, said he saw between 25 to 30 wounded people being taken away in ambulances. "There was a big crowd at the temple" when the explosion occurred, he said.

Televised pictures showed one man, his face bloodied, lying on a stretcher. An old woman lay on the floor, holding up her arms to helpers, who pulled her away. Debris, body parts and blood covered the floor of the temple.

Two other blasts reportedly shook the city's railway station - one inside a train car and the other near the ticket counter in the waiting room of the crowded station.

Police bomb disposal experts were entering the temple to determine what caused the blasts, said Hashni.

Although there were unconfirmed reports of bodies lying around the station, a top city official, Kamlesh Pathak, could not say if there were any deaths at the station. But he said at least 40 people were injured, 22 of them seriously.

One witness, Sunil Yadav, described a scene of confusion, with people running and screaming.

Varanasi, 700km east of Delhi, is Hinduism's holiest city and is ordinarily filled with pilgrims visiting temples and bathing in the holy waters of the Ganges River, which runs through the city.

It's also a popular spot with foreign tourists, especially backpackers.

Guest guest

in the first place? I just don't understand how Muslims or Hindus could act like this and not expect a reactionary attack such as this. It's a cycle of violence and it has to end, because if it doesn't neither group will exist by the time it's over, thanks to radicals from both groups. The radical Hindus are guilty for the other Hindu deaths, while the radical Muslims are ultimately responsible for the other Muslim deaths.

May God help all those killed and/or hurt by this attack!

May Lord Narasinghadeva rip these freaks into little scraps for the vultures and the dogs!

Again are these types - 'freedom fighters' or - terrorist HOMOCIDE BOMBERS?

Well their continued actions are so EVIL that there is no doubt what these 'fighters' are becoming - the terror in a Holy place - and recently in Iraq the destruction of holy places - oh just see God Lure them into a dark hole!

I'm not sure who has claimed responsibility but if it turns out to be Muslims - they have NO CLAIM to the NAME of GOD - the NAME ALLAH - is shamed by their evil acts! It wasn't Muslims that did this - it was DEMONS.

I see dark times ahead for these demons - do they think that God is going to sit by and let this [all of it it all over the place now] go?

God shall empower their counter-point leaders - NOW!

Just watch and see - God shall give Bush and his Team the 'right stuff' to do this job.

Just see - all the 'good' people everywhere - who may have tried to understand these nasty people - now all are fully disgusted by them. Demons!

I pray that Lord Narahari get these freaks from - WITHIN - we shall see...

"Tava Kara-Kamala-Vare Nakham Adbhuta-Srngam Dhalita-Hiranyakasipu-Tanu-Bhrigam Keshava Dhrita-Narahari-Rupa Jaya Jagadisha Hare!"

Posted Image

Guest guest

Bhakta Don

I hope you are right about Bush. I voted for the guy twice and have heard so many conspiracy theories about him that even I started to wonder if I made the right decision. I don't hate muslims or anything but the fanatical elements of it need to be stomped out for good in my opinion.

-D.B. Cooper Jr.

Kali-chelas, Muslims dressed as Muslims.

This is the funny thing, although you will see Muslims condeming the action. Really they are happy to see Hindus dying. Inside. I know from personal experience. Maybe it's influence of Kali-yuga. But I heard that before Muslims and Indians Lived Okay in Bharata, but the Government caused some strife. In my Home town there is all Muslims. Uk. Come and live here!:eek:

Guest guest

If muslims kill americans, they have excuses like iraq war etc. What's the excuse for killing hindus? is it kashmir?

Bhakta Don

I hope you are right about Bush. I voted for the guy twice and have heard so many conspiracy theories about him that even I started to wonder if I made the right decision. I don't hate muslims or anything but the fanatical elements of it need to be stomped out for good in my opinion.

-D.B. Cooper Jr.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hari Bolo Mr. Cooper!<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>I have a good hunch and I usually see my hunches come to pass!<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>Reading my postings here one might wonder how I could seemingly do an about face on these matters - however - if one reads my postings over-all one shall see that I encourage the good in everyone - at times however it's like sowing seeds onto stone - but at other times it isn't.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>So we have to pray and really understand the power of prayer - especially in connection to the chanting of the Holy Names - that prayer can have a significant effect on people and situations.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>In the matter of these circumstances we see at the end of the day certain people - who like to think that they are fighting for the greater good - we are seeing them murder innocent citizens - in this case within a Temple.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>They are not fighting for the greater good they and their cause have become a disturbance to the saner section of society and thus the saner

section of society must take appropriate measures to check this activity.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>These fighters lose all claim to 'justice' when they engage in homicide bombings - this can only happen so many times and it becomes apparent that they are agents of kuli yuga.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>Here is what Srila Prabhupada writes:<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>"This age of Kali [quarrel] will certainly be full of all activities of Kali [quarrel], but this does not mean that the leaders of society, the executive heads, the learned and intelligent men, or above all the devotees of the Lord should sit down tightly and become callous to the reactions of the age of Kali [quarrel]. In the rainy season certainly there will be profuse rainfalls, but that does not mean that men should not take means to protect themselves from the rains." [sB 1.17.28, purport] <u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>What happens now is that Mr. Bush and his Team have to sort out the various ill issues they have created in their attempts to check the various activities of these irregular fighters or 'terrorists' - they have still yet another level to 'play' as it were in this fight - just like in a good video game - you just think a level is complete and - nope - there's more - so in that way - we may have to see more fighting and - Mr. Bush and his Team cannot be polarized on any issues - this must be so in order to really create and maintain a global resolve to check this kali yuga issue.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>But at the end of the day it's all up to God and God shall measure by way of our worthiness - today we see more and more godless people - not maybe godless in the sense of being evil - but godless in the sense if not accepting a supreme authority and resultant 'order of things' - godless people tend to live in a way that cultivates regression of good qualities - rather than progression toward them.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>Our modern world is quite complicated due to this growing number of godless souls. Yesterday while I was watching Catholic Mass on TV the Priest said - "Atheists people who have no invisible means of support" and that is so true.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>Some of these irregular fighters are also claiming to be people of faith but that is their delusion - they cannot be - due to their actions.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>All scriptures admonish people to act in ways quite opposite to what we see them acting like. They may wrench parts of a tradition out of context but they are not pleasing God by they killing. In the estimation of scriptures they are not soldiers - they are murderers.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>As for all the 'conspiracy' theories about Mr. Bush - as I noted - over the years there's been a great deal of false theories about me out there - and with some people who think that these are true - they'll choose think it - no matter what the real truth presented to them is.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>Yes I was in the occult but that doesn't mean that I was into sacrifices and all that bunk. It doesn't mean that I embraced evil over good - it doesn't mean that I'm still use the occultist methods.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>In the same way Mr. Bush [and others] may have had connections to this or that - but what is the real truth.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>We can take the evangelical position for one - I now think that Mr. Bush has broadened his view of 'what is God' and - our 'various means' to reach out to Him - that He might reach back.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>I don't think that Mr. Bush was ever in the occult nor do I think that the Skull and Bones at Yale is an occultist group - they are a college fraternity which has over the years gained a reputation - due to ‘secret rituals’ that are really adolescent antics - in their initiations of members into their fraternity. <u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>I actually wanted Mr. Bush to win this last election - even though I was being critical of his Team. It's true. I also want the Republicans to win the next - in 2008 – one day - I’ll get around to explaining more.<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>YS,<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>BDM