IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

feeling lost

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari bol

Can anybody guide me, at the moment i am stuck at university doing a course i dont want to be doing (i really hate it) its take over my life and i am in a general state of deppression!!! i made a mistake 4 years ago by choosing this course, and i have 2 more years of litterally hell. sometimes i just want to run away because the pressure is too much. the course is so demanding that it takes up nearly all my time, so it affects my devotional time. ideally id like to be free and just go to the temple everyday and be able to read devotional books all day etc etc. I fel its too late to quit as i have wasted 4 years of my life already. can anybody put a vaishnava's spin on this and show me some kind of light at the end of the tunnel?? any quotes, just anything.

I am so attracted to Krishna and I love everything about him and the movement but i am being kept at a arms length due to my material condition.

Pleae help

Hare Krishna

Haribol

Is the course you are doing going to get you a good well payed job, is a well payed job you need to pay off your course fees if so carry on with it.

When you have thought about the above then pray to Lord Krsna about how you can mix a job and spritual life, one way of doing this is to realise that what you are doing is for the glory of krsna and that you may be able to use your new found skills in the service of Krsna and Devotte's. Think about this in a SPRITUAL WAY not a KARMI WAY.

Hopes this helps

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Thank you Prabhu,

that does help...eventually it will get me a well paid job, but that is not the point as i have become more spirtual i have realised that money is nothing, comes and goes...so i was hopping to use my skills to help other devotee's and give some wages to the temple etc etc (its a medical skill)

But in the short term i just cant see past the misery and suffering i am going through mentally...any other advice?

Hare Krishna

Obviously there is two choices, continuing or quitting.

If you continue, Krsna will appriciate this. You are striving very hard for him and his devotees, this is very nice. Make sure you get some association each week, and of course, read Prabhupada's books. Find the time, it is there you just have to look for it!

Otherwise, if you quit, then yes you can concentrate fully on your spiritual life, which of course is most important. Either way is equal however, provided you do it all for Krsna :)

I'd stick with it myself, and just try to mix more association and reading in if possible.

Haribol!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna! I totally know how you feel Prabhu! Living in North America, I always thought capitalism and montary gains were the be all and end all of life. About six months ago I became involved with the Hare Krishnas and ohh man did I learn my thinking was wrong! Problem was that I was studying at an elite business school and had difficulty staying motivated in my classes because I no longer saw making money as being important. Though honestly I still havent been able to become as motivated as I was during my "greedy" old self, I did learn from a devotee that it was my duty to go through university and then become a productive member of our society. I realized making money isnt a bad thing, being attached to it is! I try to keep this in mind and think of ways that I can use my skills to help Krishna and his followers. It can be a struggle my friend but try your best to stay focused on your school work and keep on thinking of Krishna!

I am going through the same dillema!!!! i thought i was the only person who would be experiencing it out of all Krishna bhagwan devotees...i am currently doing my A-Levels in the uk..i came to UK only for further studies from Africa, after finding Prabhupada's book called 'science of reincarnation' at my aunties house where i lived i was enlightened and thus started reading the bhagavad gita and many more books... all i want to do is go and sit in the temple, sing krishna bhagwan's songs and just be involved with krishna bhagwan's devotees...so i wanted to go to university and take up religious studies which would give me a chance to understand the bhagavad gita more thoroughly however my parents became angry and thought physiotheraphy or another science related course was the best thing and there is always time for religion and i cried and i cried and i still cry! because i dont want to waste my time involving in temporary things...but as krishna bhagwan said do your duty and dont think about happiness or pain to arjun in bhagawad gita..am just going to do the same...even though its not what i want...may be krishna bhagwan is guiding me on this path for a reason...i don't know...but what i dont understand is why parents like mine( whom are religious) think studies should come first and then religion...what if i die tomorrow? then i wont have time to study religion and associate with devotees....the thought is just killing me that what if i dont get to go home...to god head...i will have to go through another miserable life...what will i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So did you end up doing Religious Studies? From what I've heard from other it's a waste of time.. but that's probably because the teacher is an atheist here. An atheist doesn't understand or know god, so how he can teach religous studies as an authority is beyond all comprehension..

Nope i havent, im still in my last year of A levels, from september 2006 i will start university to do physiotheraphy, i know what you are trying to say, that one who doesnt believe in God, how can he teach religion, that is true, but all i want, is to be associated with lord krishna, if i am going to study, i would like to study about the supreme lord, nothing nonsense like science....but may be this is the path i have to follow right now...once i finish the 3 yr course i could try joining the bhagavad gita classes at the near ISKON centres...hopefully my parents wont mind me doing that!!!

if i am going to study, i would like to study about the supreme lord, nothing nonsense like science....

You'd be better off studying Prabhupada's books then, rather than listen to someone who doesn't know about Krishna? Krishna only reveals himself to the devotees, no one else.

The best thing you could do is try and get involved with a Bhakti Sastra course, learn about Krishna from devotee teachers and read Prabhupada's books, and in the end get a proper qualification as well... enquire at the local temples if anything is available!

Guest guest

One should not give up his occupation, unless he is ready to completely surrender to Krishna. Just try to do it for Krishna. Karma-yoga is a very effective way to purify the heart.

Money is not maya. It is opulence of Sri Lakshmy, the consort of Lord Narayana,Vishnu.. So money is very good when used in Krishnas service. Dont give up money, just use it for Krishna. Otherwise it is maya. If we use money for our own sensual pleasure, it will cause so much misery.

If your situation is that you want to join Krishna-temple, then you should give up this school thing. In other case what is the loss if you have a good education (or job) and you can use money for Krishnas service? Like you said, you have done it half, so do it full and afterwards you can really focus on Krishna-consciousness. Take a positive spiritual perspective and act in yoga and you will be victorious.

p.s read bhagavad gita. it will give all the answers.