IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Mantrabliss

cockroches?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna!

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I want to know how to handle this cockroche problem I have in my apartment. being a devotee is sure hard in this age of kali, especially when you have cockroches! Even though I know that they are also living entities in a lower life form, they are gross and not really beneficial when trying to cook for the lord. looking at a bunch of bugs around plates and utensils makes bhakti very hard, it makes me irritated.. I really don't know what to do. I cant just kill them right?

I need proof if ever Prabhupada talked about this sort of thing. When is it ok to terminate this roches? I know I can kill them if they Attack me!! so I'll hope for that :)

Personally I just pick them up, and throw them out the window screaming "GAURANGA!!!!!"

I have heard about some Prabhu's using spray (and shouting the lord's names) though it's not the highest standard.

Guest guest

hari bol!

All glories to prabhu pada and to this mission of Lord Chaitanya. We also had

few problems like this in our hostel.We kindly advice you to clean your apartment once completely and rearrange everything cleanly.this might reduce the cokroaches in the apartment .

Guest guest

Haribol,

Is there no sort of insect reppelant or incense you can use so they may stay away????It sounds awfull for you.Maybe put a green lizard in your place, I have seen one on a temple sleeping quarters once in india, in fact I slept there.The lizard wont go near you, it just stays on the wall!

Hope things work out for you,

hare krishna.

Guest guest

if they are really coming in the way of your service, such as by eating the food before it has been offered, defacating in the prasadam, chewing up photos and the dieties' cloths.......then they should be exterminated.

buy one of those roach motels that has poison food in it.....they will take it back to their nests and spread the poison and eliminate themselves.

or call an exterminator.

Personally I just pick them up, and throw them out the window screaming "GAURANGA!!!!!"

I have heard about some Prabhu's using spray (and shouting the lord's names) though it's not the highest standard.

:rofl::D

lol lol I do the same thing ..I just pick them up and carry them outside...and sometimes I lour them into a container and take them out --> They can really get on your nerves but I don't think it's nice to kill them.