IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
fallen

brahmin threads...

Rate this topic

I hope this is the right place to ask this; I wondered what a grhasta devotee who is going to have sex with his wife for concieving children does with his brahmin thread? I understand that it has to be kept on at all times and not contaminated, so how is it to be worn at this time without contamination?

sorry for asking this here but i haven't heard any instructions on this before and hoped someone could help me

Guest guest

The wife´s yoni is considered pure so there is no need to protect the thread.

I believe to conceive children in Krishna Consciousness, is Pure! And in our line of Acharyas most did have children, are you saying that when they did so, they contaminated the thread by performing Bhakti Yoga within a Krishna Conscious Family? I think it is purifying.:)

the following excerpt from recent Acharya can be viewed here.....

http://protectacow.typepad.com/goshalla/2005/01/madya_lila_chai.html#more

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PURPORT

This is the sublime mission of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Many people come and inquire whether they have to give up family life to join the Society, but that is not our mission. One can remain comfortably in his residence. We simply request everyone to chant the maha-mantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. If one is a little literate and can read Bhagavad-gita As It Is and Srimad- Bhagavatam, that is so much the better. These works are now available in an English translation and are done very authoritatively to appeal to all classes of men. Instead of living engrossed in material activities, people throughout the world should take advantage of this movement and chant the Hare Krsna maha- mantra at home with their families. One should also refrain from sinful activities--illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. Out of these four items, illicit sex is very sinful. Every person must get married.. ..........

View page here..................-------->>>>>>

http://protectacow.typepad.com/goshalla/2005/01/madya_lila_chai.html#more

January firewood gathering for the family.

Posted Image