IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

If Srila Prabhupada came to the US in 2006, would he of had the same success?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It seems like his arrival in the 60's was perfect timing, with the hippie counter-culture and all.

Chapter 18. Conclusion--The Perfection of Renunciation

TEXT 13-14

pancaitani maha-baho

karanani nibodha me

sankhye krtante proktani

siddhaye sarva-karmanam

adhisthanam tatha karta

karanam ca prthag-vidham

vividhas ca prthak cesta

daivam caivatra pancamam

SYNONYMS

panca--five; etani--all these; maha-baho--O mighty-armed one; karanani--cause; nibodha--just understand; me--from Me; sankhye--in the Vedas; krta-ante--after performance; proktani--said; siddhaye--perfection; sarva--all; karmanam--actuated. adhisthanam--place; tatha--also; karta--worker; karanam ca--and instruments; prthak-vidham--different kinds; vividhah ca--varieties; prthak--separately; cestah--endeavor; daivam--the Supreme; ca--also; eva--certainly; atra--here; pancamam--five.

TRANSLATION

O mighty-armed Arjuna, learn from Me of the five factors which bring about the accomplishment of all action. These are declared in sankhya philosophy to be the place of action, the performer, the senses, the endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

AGTSP.

We cannot say if SPrabhupada comes to the US in 2006 because it was destined that he goes to the US in the late 1960s to spread KC.

It does not matter to us the perios SPrabhupada has spread KC. He is always with us, in this teachings and books.

Instead of speculating whether He would have done it now or even in the future, it would me most appreciable is we take full advantage of his teachings and be sincere to follow our Great Acarya.

Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

...not - because in one sense we can see that people are just as lost now - and are not seeking 'a way' en masse - but yes - he would still see success because he is an empowered incarnation of God...

Guest guest

He was an expert preacher, and very loving soul which is attractive to everyone regardless of time, like an expert doctor he would of taliored the medicine for 2006 and encouraged people using their natures, which is exactly the message he gave to his diciples.

Guest guest

I think that the hippie movement had a certain kind of open mindedness to it that was somewhat advantageous to the acceptance of Krishna Consciousness in a foreign land but Prabhupada was a gentleman so most likely any sane person of any time would probably like him.

- D.B. Cooper Jr.

Hard to say.

Every person's success or failure is circumstantial. If Clint Eastwood & Amitabh Bachchan lived 200 years ago when there was no cinema, they would have been unknown people. Or if Gandhi lived now, he would have nothing to accomplish as India does not need a Gandhi now, although the need was strong during his time.

One way to get some idea would be to track the size of the Hare Krishna COmmunity. If someone is manintaing statistics on the annual rate at which the community is growing, also taking attrition into account, then one can probably make a fair guess.

Temple attendance by itself is not a factor. There are people who are willing to call themselves Hare krishnas or followers of Prabhupada, but are not enthusiastic about visiting iskcon temples. Majority of the temple goers are Hindus who like to visit temples of Indian Gods - especially in the US, as once Hindus step out of India, their patriotism and interest in religion seems to increase two-fold. They develop an impulsive need to eat Indian food and visit temples on a regular basis - which they would not care to do do while in India.

Cheers