IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
stonehearted

Anyone know of help for ALS?

Rate this topic

My sister has just been diagnosed with ALS. I'd appreciate any information about how to deal with this devastating disease, aside from the drugs the allopaths use. I'd prefer to hear about tried-and-true approaches that may actually help, not wild, broad claims like Dr. Clark's cure-everything-with-my-black-walnut-hulls-and-zapper stuff. Anyone know of a homeopathic approach, or ayurvedic? Thanks in advance.

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear that. ALS aka Lou Gehrig's disease is universally fatal. There is no cure, although some medications are thought to slow its course.

The best thing I can recommend is to have plenty of friends and family nearby. Support and quality of life is everything for your sister at this point. Now would probably be a good time for your sister and family to discuss end of life care, including such things as do-not-resuscitate orders, hospice care, and so on.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what other help you are referring to. With any treatment, the question is what sort of endpoint of therapy you are looking for. The emphasis at this point should be in maintaining quality of life. ALS patients, like any patients with debilitating neurologic conditions, can develop a number of complications which can individually be treated by a qualified physician. But I'm not aware of any alternative agents which prolong life in ALS, and to be honest, I would be highly suspicious in this context of any non-allopathic agent that was claimed to do so. YOu can be certain that if such an agent existed, drug companies would be all over it to try and make a profit off of it.

Good luck to you.

Hilda is very much on top of things such as DNR orders, etc. She's even thinking about how to avoid the prolonged, terribly expensive, miserably painful end. She's thought about something to artificially end her life (she has friends who would support her in that, although it's not something I'll vote for), and she has also considered going to a Buddhist monastery to meditate and fast to death. (She practices Buddhist meditation rather intensely.) I think that would be a better way to go, but I'm going to try to figure out ways to get more sukriti for bhakti into her life in the meantime.

She's not looking for a cure as much as something that might prolong her life with adequate quality. She already eats only raw vegetables and vegetable juices and takes massive doses of Vitamin C. She may be looking for some kind of miracle cure. What she'd really like would be for the doctors to tell her they were mistaken in their diagnosis.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Babru,

I only have a minute, but this is sad news and I am so sorry for you as well as your sister. I once saw a special show on healing, as in pranic, and long story short, in addition to curing this young man who was crippled from a car accident (docs said he'd never walk and to amputate his legs -but he refused amputation) he was cured. And later it showed how a lady was cured from ALS.

Now, I dont want to create any false hopes, but I do think its worth investigating. I dont have the guys web site exactly (will find it if you can't), but the oringal healer has since passed; however left his knoweldge to the young man from the car accident. Its something like mitchelmay.com I think that may even be it! If not, email me and I will find it.

When a lot of prana or ki is pumped into a person, that's often what they were in need of, and is the invisible force behind healings doctors, scientists, etc., don't see and can't figure out.

If a lot of people learn some form of reiki or energy or pranic healing, they can administer it to her intermittently all day, taking turns. Tho also its most important to get an experienced, highly qualifed healer, thus the site. If it were me, I'd do both... if I could. Anyway, good luck with this! Please keep us updated.

Guest guest

i have read that it is due to Meat eating, although it is too late for your sister, sorry.

but others should know that all brain diseases should be looked at with a thought that it very well could be from eating the meats of contaminated animals, ofwhich in USA it is kept secret.

Guest guest

If you're referring to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, keep in mind that Physicist Stephen Hawking has had this disease for a very long time. His doctors said he wouldn't survive more than a year or two, so IMO there is hope. I haven't heard of him taking anything homeopathic, ayurvedic, chinese, etc, but some fairly credible alternative treatment must be out there. I pray for you and yours.

Guest guest

What I meant to say was that Hawking defied the odds bigtime despite the diagnosis.

i have read that it is due to Meat eating, although it is too late for your sister, sorry.

but others should know that all brain diseases should be looked at with a thought that it very well could be from eating the meats of contaminated animals, ofwhich in USA it is kept secret.

Hilda has been vegetarian much of her adult life, for one reason or another. She lapses into eating flesh for a while due to association, or some sort of odd health thing she hears about.

If you're referring to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, keep in mind that Physicist Stephen Hawking has had this disease for a very long time. His doctors said he wouldn't survive more than a year or two, so IMO there is hope. I haven't heard of him taking anything homeopathic, ayurvedic, chinese, etc, but some fairly credible alternative treatment must be out there. I pray for you and yours.

Thanks for this! I didn't know it was ALS that afflicts Hawking. I'll have to check this out. Generally, the prognosis is for two to five years of life after diagnosis.

Hilda is using a broad range of approaches, including Feldenkrais, Reiki, ayurveda (Dr. Paneri, who cured my friend Nara-Narayan of Parkinson's 20 years ago), a Tibetan doctor who lives in San Diego, and others, including lots of help from the big MS/ALS clinic in SF.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Guest guest

Dear friend,

Greetings from BAngalore-India,

Hare Krsna,

Well as I read your article I am verymuch wanted to share the lords information as you can try NONI wherein I am treating many patients with many diseases as its a cellular food and its works like a miracle supplement. Please feel free to mail me and also I have left a note on the same board about the NONI and its effects. Please get back for more info on harshvrao@

Harekrsna

Harsha

Harsha, thank you for the suggestion. I know about noni. I live on Hawaii, the Big Island, and many of our neighbors grow noni. It's certainly part of the agricultural economy here. I'll pass your advice on to my sister.

Guest guest

It could be genetic also.

You may want to look into pranic healing if this disease is in its early stages...