IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Jagannatha Puri temple (Orissa, India): 'Western' devotees may be allowed to enter!!!

Rate this topic

JAGANNATH PURI TEMPLE: WESTERN DEVOTEES MAY BE ALLOWED

Dear devotees, Hare Krsna!

I am forwarding you the important announcement of the managing of the Jagannatha Puri temple (Orissa, India) regarding the possible imminent abolition of the restrictions against non-Indian born devotees.

The announcement comes after years of work from our part, culminating in the heated debate that we sustained on various Hindu groups on Internet.

Please circulate the information among all devotees. It would be very helpful if a large group of devotees could come to Jagannatha Puri in December 2005 and/or January 2006 to support the good winds of change.

Your servant,

Parama Karuna D

Jagannatha Vallabha Vedic Research Center and Eco-spiritual Village

Puri, Orissa, India

Email: jagannathavallabha@rediffmail.com

Guest guest

Even if they don't open those doors to "western" devotees there is always the samadhi of Haridas Thakur.

Guest guest

Only devotees must be allowed to enter places of worship. Just to please westerners, you cannot let every tom, dick and harry into temples and desecrate its sanctity. Temples are for worship and NOT for tourism which is what most westerners are after. In Lanka, one french "devotee" posed naked in front of Buddha's statue showing scant respect for the deity.

Must these 'devotees' gain entry into Hndu temples as well and desecrate the deities, all in the name of tolerance, equality, whatever? I suppose not. Unless these western 'devotees' cultivate some himility and treat the deities as deities and NOT as some funny little toys to play with, they shouldn't be allowed entry. It has nothing to do with discrimination, but about protecting the deities from mlecchas.

Guest guest

what a loser you must be to say that because of your material covering you will be judged spiritually.

so iskcon temples also have deities so that means no westerners can enter.

LOTS of indians are also meat eaters ,melechas, and are degraded, its kali yuga around the world not just the west.

J.S das

Guest guest

Of course, in the kali yuga, many people are degraded but you need to draw a line somewhere, because you cannot be TOO strict and restrict everyone. So the next best thing is to allow Indians, who have a natural tendency toward bhakti, and restrict westerners/others who visit temples for fun and NOT for any devotional purpose. Temples are for devotees, not for half-naked ladies adn gentlemen who want to pose for cameras. Sorry to say, but most westerners/mlecchas belong to that category.

Guest guest

Would anyone want to associate with someone or a group of someones with a mindset like the racist/nationalist who posted above? Why?

We can leave these small minded characters to their "special temple" worship undisturbed.

Jagannatha means Lord of the universe. They think they have captured Him in a temple and only they can see Him and if they choose to allow His darshan to others then some few can enter His presence by their grace. This is a harsh side of kanistha mentality and we should take to the path that rises abvove this silliness.

"Oh Lord of the universe kindly be visible unto me."

Guest guest

when jaganatha is riding on the ratha yatra kart for the world see is that just for the indian's.

J.S das

Guest guest

when jaganatha is riding on the ratha yatra kart for the world see is that just for the indian's.

J.S das

Guest guest

Would anyone want to associate with someone or a group of someones with a mindset like the racist/nationalist who posted above? Why?***

What do you find racist in the above posts?

We can leave these small minded characters to their "special temple" worship undisturbed.***

Why call them small-minded?

Jagannatha means Lord of the universe.***

Is that the issue we're discussing in this thread, what the word Jagannath means? The topic title and contents say otherwise.

They think they have captured Him in a temple***

They who? Do you have any proof that they think so?

only they can see Him and if they choose to allow His darshan to others then some few can enter His presence by their grace***

Why do you think they're allowing some and not allowing others?

This is a harsh side of kanistha mentality and we should take to the path that rises abvove this silliness.***

What is Kanishta and how does it apply to this situation?

Guest guest

I bet you're Indian****

Not relevant to subject matter. Don't digress, just focus on the topic. Thanks.

Guest guest

G:"Would anyone want to associate with someone or a group of someones with a mindset like the racist/nationalist who posted above? Why?"***

What do you find racist in the above posts?

So in your question you seem to acknowledge the obvious nationalism but don't see the racism. Ok say a White or Chinese person was born in India. Would they be allowed in unchalleged? Would they have to prove their citizenship as an Indian?

Your racism and nationalism are two faces of the same beast.

An Indian born and bodied Muslim could walk right in but a white black or chinese bodied Vaisnava from another land would be denied entrance. The Muslim may even have a bomb while the others are carrying only japa beads.

Can you not see the foolishness of your thinking?

Guest guest

So in your question you seem to acknowledge the obvious nationalism but don't see the racism***

How did you get that (wrong) idea? Are you not reading properly?

Ok say a White or Chinese person was born in India. Would they be allowed in unchalleged? Would they have to prove their citizenship as an Indian?***

Why are you more interested in suppositions than in actualities? Is it because you're afraid to face facts?

Your racism and nationalism are two faces of the same beast.***

Again, what's the basis of your (flawed) conclusion?

An Indian born and bodied Muslim could walk right in***

Did I say such a thing in my previous posts? If not, does it follow that you're a liar?

while the others are carrying only japa beads.***

Did I say in my previous posts that people carrying japa beads should not be allowed entry? If not, why are you lying about it? Did I say devotees should not be allowed entry? On the contrary, I was EMPHATIC that only devotees should be allowed entry and NOT people who view temples as tourist spots. ANd unfortunately, most mlecchas fall in that category and so they must be denied entry. Get it?