IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Radha's new incarnation?

Rate this topic

So here's one i find difficult to get a grip of..... aside from the fact that he is man /images/graemlins/wink.gif

He obviously loves Krsna very very much, but at the cost of neglecting his DUTY to family and State. So what to choose - Krsna or Duty??

Guest guest

I would hate to think this guy was a cop protecting my neighborhood from thugs.

A reincarnation of Radha!?!? If anything he should be beaten with shoes or just ignored and left to wander around.

Guest guest

This is what happens when people start reading Govinda Lilamrta before they have ASSIMILATED Bahagavad-gita.

For one who has studied Bhagavad-gita the question of Krishna or duty would never arise. Just ask Arjuna

i'm not an expert i must admit, but since Arjuna isn't around to ask directly i must use my own intelligence.

his is what happens when people start reading Govinda Lilamrta before they have ASSIMILATED Bahagavad-gita.

never heard of Govinda Lilamrta, but from doing a rough trnslation: "nectar of past-times of Govinda"? Sounds alot like Srimad Bhagvatam

For one who has studied Bhagavad-gita the question of Krishna or duty would never arise. Just ask Arjuna

I tried studying BG. Too hard. Loving Krsna, TRYING to be a devotee - definately more fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif ... hence my original query.

Guest guest

... but this point of yours is difficult to accept -

<< He obviously loves Krsna very very much >>>

If he did really love Krsna, he wouldn't be acting like this! He would be engaged in service rather than claim to be the object of service!

Weird behaviour is all I can say.

If he did really love Krsna, he wouldn't be acting like this!

i don't like to define Love - very shakey ground. Different people express devotion/love in different ways. There might be some sense of perversion here, that is the initial feeling because we don't see this very often in our society, but let's not right him completely off.

Guest guest

So next if someone else comes along claiming to be Sri Krishna himself, we should not jump the gun but stop to actually examine if he is Sri Krishna?

I can't help but write off someone who claims to be the Supreme Personality or His eternal consort.

So next if someone else comes along claiming to be Sri Krishna himself, we should not jump the gun but stop to actually examine if he is Sri Krishna?

No where have i allied myself to this belief that he is Radha. I was only talking about love and devotion.

Guest guest

This crazy man has a job as a policeman, Now look at his picture again, if you were a thug and this crossdresser came to arrest you would you be worried? Thugs should fear policeman just like Kali feared Pariksit.

We can ask Arjuna. That means look at his example. Bhagavad-gita is Krishna convincing Arjuna that His higest duty is to act as a soul surrendered to Krishna and to do his duty as a warrior without considering loss or gain. He simple has to act for Krishna according to his nature.

Govinda Lilamrta is a work written by Krishnadas Kaviraja Gosvami about some of the most intimate pastimes between Radha and Krishna.

I once started to read it and then stopped after the first few pages. It is above my pay grade for now.

People try to imitate these intimate level pastimes and in doing so make a mockery of krishna lila in the minds of ordinary folk by acting like fools.

Now one can be a policeman with big strong arms carrying various weapons and chastising miscreants all day long and internally may be loving Krishna in the separation mood of a gopi. That is possible.

Judgment also means using your discrimination or intelligence so you can see what is what properly.

If you are born a man you should live as a man. Take his "gopi" outfits away from him. Put him in uniform and send him back through basic training or just let him go.

Guest guest

Ok, I get your point now. But see the post right after yours. That 'guest' has explained it well. If you're a man, act like one rather than wearing the dress of the opposite sex and claiming to be somebody else.

Guest guest

Blame so-called Gaudiya practices that have nothing to do with traditional Vaishvavism, like Iskcon for instance. Iksconites give Vaishnavism a bad name.

Gaudiya Vaishnavas don't practise this, in fact they condemn it. This person doing this is laughable, due to Kali-yuga it's difficult to see who's devotees and who isn't. It's rare to find a devotee, but they don't dress up and practise rasa-lila, this is for Sahajiyas [those who take everything cheaply].

When a person cannot practice Bhakti-yoga in the Bona-fide way and is maybe envious of Krishna, then 'Kali'-yuga makes them into Kali-chelas. And they concont many ways. Go where their is purity, nobody asked you to goto Iskcon. But there are many pure devotees 'in' Iskcon, so you'd better be careful. Only Pure devotee can say something about an Organization such as Iskcon, but not to vilify but to offer advice. We shouldn't be arrongant but accept advice as given to us by Lord Nityananda Himself.

You give humanity a bad name?

Why so much hate in your heart...

At least one will NEVER find a picture of the false god called 'sai baba' in an iskcon temple.

Also I often listen to some of the modern 'hindus' who are on vision tv - and what a hodgepodge of ideas they preach - are we to be faulted because we see the overwhelmimg evidence AGAINST an 'all is one' view of the demigods and Krishna?

All too often many hindus are preaching impersonal perspectives [as topmost] - and these same producers claim to understand Gita...

Guest guest

Yes, indeed like Sai Baba. Quite valid comparison. Both claiming to be objects of service. But funny how Sai Baba has so many followers. I know some who are followers or have relatives following Sai Baba. I ask them why worship him instead of God. Often get vague answers. They seem like a coinfused lot.

<< Perfectly stated my dear Prabhu! >>

Thank you prabhu!