IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

ramayana for hollywood

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when will a bigshot hollywood producer make a blockbuster ramayana or mahabarata movie.

Is it maybe that as westerner's they are to afraid of touching any sensitive religious issue's and be critisized, because the story line is perfect and the special effect's these day's could make a fantastic film.

Guest guest

every topic and comic and book and story and myth and fanatasy and fiction has been explored in the film industry, so bring on the ramayana and mahabarata but do it with class and stick to the storyline as this is not fiction

J.S das

Guest guest

"Steven Spielberg should be contacted for this. "

He shouldn't touch the Ramayana or Mahabharata. He'd probably turn it into sentimental . and seriously dumb it down for the general audience.

Guest guest

Spielberg is often a good story teller, within limits. Peter Jackson, he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!

Guest guest

Spielberg's NOT a great storyteller. He's a great director, but as a storyteller, he has way too many flaws to be considered as such.

Now, Peter Jackson, on the other hand could do justice I think to the Ramayana and Mahabharata, simply because he did a good job with the Lord of the Rings. Maybe M. Night Shyamalan should give it a try, I'd like to see that. He has a unique way of making the mystical look very plausible in even modern day contexts, and there is very little doubt to me he could treat the stories with more sophistication than we would expect from Hollywood or Bollywood filmmakers.

Guest guest

peter jackson would do the ramayan justice he certainly did a good job with king kong.......

J.S das

Guest guest

Guest: "Spielberg's NOT a great storyteller. He's a great director, but as a storyteller, he has way too many flaws to be considered as such."

I don't think anyone her called him a great storyteller. It looks as though the post you were responding to said he was a good storyteller, within limits. I can agree with that. In film, the director is a storyteller, as he or she makes the decisions about how it's being presented. I think most here would agree that E.T. was a touching story well told (did anyone here not jump out of their skin when the clown doll grabbed the kid?), and probably Close Encounters, too. Some of his movies are duds (I like much about Hook in spite of the way it was presented, just because something about the story works at a deeper emotional level).

But I certainly agree about Peter Jackson. I think he's the guy to do it. (Andy Sirkis as Hanuman?) He could probably get the money together, find the cast (how cool were Aragorn, Bilbo, Gandalf, etc. in the Rings flicks?), and pull off the technical stuff. He has my vote. And probably those of my wife and two daughters as well.

Guest guest

First make these directors into Vaisnavas, otherwise they will not be able to portray the spiritual essence.

Guest guest

imagine ravana with ten heads on the big screen and kumbakarna the giant, what a fantastic film it would make and the tale of love between the beautiful sita and the powerful rama!!!!!!!!!

peter jackson would be our man.

J.S das

Guest guest

Are you serious?

Have you seen his latest movies?

He doesn't know how to direct actors or write dialogue.

He's the wrong person for any serious epic, what he does is write great serial movies (at least used to, not anymore) with maybe a bit of spirituality thrown in.

I think you would need to consult pure Vaishnava's about that. If a director is willing to listen and direct under a Devotee of Krishna. Plus you need a script for this, so for that you need consult a Bona-fide devotee. [Of Krishna].