IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Buy Nothing Day-Nov. 25

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today is buy nothing day. People are revolting against the selfish and hedonistic frenzy of consumerism in general and theholiday shopping madness that offically starts Nov. 25.

Check it out.

http://www.adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/

Of course devotees are way ahead of this as well. Truly buying nothing means buying only for Krishna's pleasure.

Guest guest

Its way to wierd. First wee give thanks by stuffing ourselves in gluttony, they we display our utter materialism in the name of Jesus.

But most of us have nothing to spend anyway, and we celebrate christmas by sharing what we already have, or get our kids free gifts from the food bank.

The radio is so full of ads that they cannot even give the time of day. I waited ten minutes before the "all news" channel graced me with the time of day. So, because they are so enthralled with gross materialism, they cant ebven give you the time of day.

mahak

Guest guest

shopped till you dropped? Shame on you. I hope you got me something nice though. I am boycotting buying all this material junk but that doesn't mean I can't accept a gift or two. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just got this email from PeTA. So J. CREW is OK this year I guess but don't get carried away.

Victory: J. Crew Promises "No More Fur!"

Thanks to each and every one of you who wrote letters, handed out leaflets, told people not to shop at J.Crew, and otherwise helped the cause. After just 11 short weeks, this pressure has paid off. On November 30, J.Crew confirmed that it will no longer sell fur: no fur garments, no fur trim, no fur anything. Joining the ranks of top fashion retailers H&M, Forever 21, and others that have adopted fur-free policies, J.Crew is sending a powerful message to the clothing industry that subjecting rabbits, coyotes, foxes, and other animals to horrible lives and torturous deaths will not be tolerated.

Now follow J.Crew’s lead and take a fur-free pledge of your own!

Thanks again for all you did to play an important part in this step forward in the fight against cruelty to animals! Please forward this good news to a friend.

Sincerely,

Chris Garnett

Street Team Coordinator

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

501 Front St.

Norfolk, VA 23510

peta2@peta2.com

peta2.com

Guest guest

ok they abandon dogs cats even let two oxen die needlessly

so what do you tell them ? well I told them not to kill bears, stop feed grazing beef for the local beef farmer, nor to slaughter the trees for chips and toilet paper on Saranagati land and in the good name of Srila Prabhupadas Varnashram farm projects.

whats next in the name of Krsna ?

Guest guest

hey do hare krishnas do x-mas ?

just wondering and all ya know the materialistic thing and all

Guest guest

Jesus loves Krishna and Krishna loves Jesus. Jesus loves to chant Hare Krishna. I hear presently He is in a roaring kirtan with Narada Muni.

All glories to Yeshua! All glories to Sri Krishna!