IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Atheist to file suit against US : "In God We Trust"

Rate this topic

"I have no desire to get God out of people's lives, I couldn't care less what people believe. I care about the government treating people unequally. All people, especially me, and I want to do something about it, " Michael Newdow says.

Newdow says the U.S. is not a nation under God, despite what it reads on it's bills and coins. The Sacramento atheist says this week he will ask a federal court to remove the motto "in god we trust" from all U.S. currency. Newdow is a doctor who also holds a law degree, and has spent years fighting to keep the Pledge of Allegiance out of public schools. His battle ignited a firestorm of controversy that drew hundreds of protesters to the U.S. supreme Court last year. The justices ultimately dismissed his case based on a filing technicality. He has since refiled that case.

Newdow claims the battle over In God we Trust on currency is not about God either. Instead he claims it is about state-sponsored hypocrisy. He plans to file his suit online on Thursday.

"The law is all on my side. People sometimes say to me, 'don't you feel like it's David and Goliath.' I feel like I'm Goliath. I have everything on my side; the law, all of the principles, everything."

Guest guest

That guy is a moron and no way will his attempt pass

USA has been very blessed already by God.

He is a little broken twig from a hugh redwood tree that we laugh at /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

It's simply the cheaters and the cheated, that's all folk's for today and have a nice day.

Just chant Hare Krishna and free yourself from chewing the chewed.