IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Where are the books?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been in many bookstores in our area, Borders and Barnes/Noble, and they do not stock any of Srila Prabhupada's books. WHY?

The buddhist section, and new age sections of the bookstores are growing daily it seems...but no where is Krsna consciousness represented. WHY?

You can find his books in many half-priced bookstores, but one store I frequent has pulled all of Prabhupada's books off the shelf because they weren't selling and they were taking up a whole shelf.

What can we do to get the books in the major stores? Why isn't ISKCON pushing to get the books in the stores?

Guest guest

"What can we do to get the books in the major stores? Why isn't ISKCON pushing to get the books in the stores? "

it is definitely to be done...

someone can say that direct selling by distributors can be more effective, but this has to be done too..

Guest guest

There must be a reason that they don't push to have the books put in the hindu section, or anywhere else in the major bookstores for that matter.

I just can't understand why???????

If we're truly interested in spreading KC why is this obvious outlet ignored? There has to be a reason.

Guest guest

the reason is very easy...

until a few years ago it was infinitely more effective to distribute them by "samkirtan" devotees

now times are changing.. but BBT strategies aren't changing

In the seventies you would see Arjuna and his chariot in every major bookstore. Someone placed a monkey on a stick and scared the buyers away. Popular opinion is swinging back, thanks mostly to the immigration of fine Indian families into the community. It will take time for the new view of Hare Krishna to filter down to the less sophisticated in our society. That time is almost here.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting - we must perfect our pudding before we offer it again for tasting. If they can see God in us, then when they find out that we follow the Bhagavad-gita the change will come. The common man follows the example set by great men. We must become genuinely great. Then the desire for the noble path will be established in the hearts of every man.

I have noticed the same thing, however i have found that Public Libraries do take the books and people do check them out! A case of Prabhupada's Original AUTHORized Bhagavad-gitas for only $70 went quite fast for me, so i ordered another, then that one went too! So i got onto the "Weekend Warriors" list for Distribution.

Try it you might like it!