IndiaDivine.org

A.C.B.S.'s Light of the Bhagavat, Cow Manifesto!

Rate this topic

protectacow

Protect a Cow distributes Srila Prabhupada's Light of the Bhagavat Cow Manifesto for mass consumption at the Pennsylvania State University and State College Pennsylvania. Student population = 40,000. 200 Light of the Bhagavat/Cow Manifestos sold, 6 Prabhupada style Back to Godhead Magazines sold. Plastered the Campus with innumeral Protectacow Flyers with directions and mission statement to Prabhupada's Gita Nagari.

Click here to see a small gallery of the day's events...

Direct link to page of Srila Prabhupada's Cow Manifesto/ Light of the Bhagavat

some excerpts:

:"By His personal example Lord Krishna wanted to teach us the value of protecting cows."

"Therefore God's gifted professions for mankind are agriculture and cow protection."

"The industrialist and the capitalist do not want the farmer to remain at home,satisfied with his agricultural produce. When the farmers are satisfied by a luxuriant growth of food grains, the capitalist becomes gloomy at heart. But the real fact is that humanity must depend on agriculture and subsist on agricultural produce."

No I missed your post. Why would you post an answer to a simple question that you feel may get you banned. Surely you wouldn't answer someone on campus in a way that would get you thrown off.

I am not interested in some private correspondence. Perhaps you can post a response in a fitting way right here.

I am not new to this place, i know how the admin kicks those who don't carry the old iskcon line.

my answer is that i agree with you, and we promote Cow Protection just as Prabhupada did. And that taking milk from commercial dairys is supporting them and therefore cow slaughter.

I talked about how we would always rush fresh milk from the local protected herd of cows to the city temples where Prabhupada would be visiting. And Prabhupada's idea of having a "satelite" farm with fresh milk near ALL city temples.

Here are some things that are not exactly "new ideas" or soulutions. Since Prabhupada explained that a Cow can give milk for her entire life on one lactation......

Yes the old system of Cow Protection had the flaw of Over Breeding. We now know that a cow can be milked on one lactation for many many years. we have witnessed a cow giving a fair amount for over 15 years, and a cow usually only has a life span of 20 tops.

If a family has a cow and one calf from her, that family can have milk for many years to come. Protected milk, with NO support for cow slaughter.Plus along with that comes the lifestyle that also supports Krishna Consciousness, and possibly save the world by moving back to the Vedic Ideal of Civilization with the Mother and Father back in their proper respected place, instead of where they are going now, with the help of devotees.

Going Vegan sometimes is the best choice for those who just do not have enough faith in Krishna and Prabhupada, who by example and words both advised to Protect Cows. And sometimes going Vegan is for those who are allergic to Cow Milk. Which type Vegan are you?

protectacow,

You have the wrong idea about JNdas, the host and admin. of this forum. Afterall he has shown tolerance for me and my vegan views for years on this forum. My views are certainly not mainstream iskcon.

I like your approach to cow protection and I have no problems with milk consumption IF it is from protected cows.

A small farm supplying each temple may be ideal by let's face it, for the time being it ain't gonna happen. Srila Prabhupada suggested powdered milk and I see that as a solution. One or two steady farms supplying powdered milk to the temples and devotee communities from properly protected cows. I also see that as a business oppurtunity with no limits selling to the Indian and vegetarian communities in America.

Right now many vegetarians who want to consume dairy are struggling to find farms which don't torture cows. there is a huge void to be filled. One or two well funded and well ran centralized Krsna farm's powdering milk would be kept super busy and not be able to fullfill the demand which will only grow in the following years. No one seems interested in this idea however.

Going Vegan sometimes is the best choice for those who just do not have enough faith in Krishna and Prabhupada, who by example and words both advised to Protect Cows. And sometimes going Vegan is for those who are allergic to Cow Milk. Which type Vegan are you?

I strenuously object to your idea that vegans are thoe with weak faith. You show the common error of liunking dairy consumption with cow protection when in fact in today's society it is exactly the opposite. Dairy = cow slaughter, plain and simple. It is incompatable with cow protection.

I get sick on dairy and have since childhood so I first quit for health reason's. Later I learned of the cow protection side. I am on the far side of veganism as I won't buy animal products for clothes including silk(Menaka Gandhi's Ahimsa Silk being an exception). I don't use honey as I consider it cruel to the bees and the product is regurgitated from the bees stomach. I don't like that idea. But if offered some carnamritam with honey and yoghurt in it I accept it with gratitude but wouldn't offer it myself. So I am a fanatic up to that point.

Jai Govinda!

I only mentioned the "satelite" farms for temples to be support for the local temples, and agree that powdered milk is the system for that.(especially since ACBS asked for it to be so)

But really the way i see the world as Prabhupada gave us would be........ that the remaining temples be still maintained, and with Protected Cows doing it.

And more importantly that the "lifestyle" of a Hare Krishna devotee is as Krishna demonstrated. With your own cow and temple at home with family. Chanting Hare Krishna in community of familys and homes all with cows and oxen or directly supporting Milk,Grains production. HOME TEMPLE! HOME TEMPLE! FAMILY TEMPLE FAMILY TEMPLE and family=wife,kids,father,mother, Krishna in the center, living as He showed us, and Prabhupada always recommended Simple Living/High Thinking.

My daughter and i are also allergic to commercial dairy, but not to the protected cows. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

"I only mentioned the "satelite" farms for temples to be support for the local temples, and agree that powdered milk is the system for that."

wow... somebody sure needs a reality check /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I hope I live to see the day our farms can support their own food needs, especially on the dairy side, let alone sending milk to city temples... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(powdered milk, eh? lol! you folks are clueless as to how much technology is needed to run that)

That refers to their own huge production system. You don't need a six story high silo to separate water from milk. No doubt for the commercial market the standards would be strict but if nothing else the farm(s) could meet Iskcons needs without patronizing the local cow killers at the corner market.

Copy and Pasting FUNdamental Folio Disk Revealing.....

By God's arrangement, anyone in any part of the world can live very peacefully if he has some land and a milk cow.

By God's arrangement there is sufficient scope for the production of milk and grains for human beings all over the world, but instead of using his higher intelligence to cultivate God consciousness, so-called intelligent men misuse their intelligence to produce many unnecessary and unwanted things.

but I think like that; that people may be happy in any place with land and cow without endeavoring for so-called amenities of modern life --which simply increase anxieties for maintenance and proper equipment. The less we are anxious for maintaining our body and soul together, the more we become favorable for advancing in Krishna Consciousness.

Prabhupada: No, simply do this.

Ramesvara: Such a dramatic transformation of society.

Prabhupada: Yes. Whatever it may be... We should be satisfied locally by our food, by our cloth, by our milk. That's all. Let the whole world go to hell. We don't care. If you want to save yourself also, you do this. Here is an example. If you want artificial life, city life, and hellish life, you do. But we shall live like this. This is the ideal life.

Therefore the Krsna consciousness movement in engaging devotees in producing their own food and living self-sufficiently so that rascals may see how one can live very peacefully, eat the food grains one has grown oneself, drink milk, and chant Hare Krsna

We have got more than 100 temples all over the world and attached to every temple we are opening farms and in many cities restaurants, and all of them are going on very successfully.

Moreover, Daityas must always do the opposite of the demigods. That is their nature. We have actually seen this in relation to our Krsna consciousness movement. We are advocating cow protection and encouraging people to drink more milk and eat palatable preparations made of milk, but the demons, just to protest such proposals, are claiming that they are advanced in scientific knowledge, as described here by the words svadhyaya-sruta-sampannah. They say that according to their scientific way, they have discovered that milk is dangerous and that the beef obtained by killing cows is very nutritious. This difference of opinion will always continue. Indeed, it has existed since days of yore. Millions of years ago, there was the same competition. The demons, as a result of their so-called Vedic study,

They say that according to their scientific way, they have discovered that milk is dangerous and that the beef obtained by killing cows is very nutritious.

I have yet to hear this. The people that claim meat is healthy also say milk is healthy because they are simply different arms of the same industry.

The people that say milk is unhealthy also are the ones that say meat is unhealthy namely the vegans.

For me certainly milk and meat both are unhealthy.

Some say that what the vedas called milk is nothing like what we call milk today. I don't think it is even the same product.

"You don't need a six story high silo to separate water from milk"

the milk is sprayed on top of the tall dryer and it requires a very long flight down to dry properly. even very large dairy farm co-ops dont have their own dryers.

anyway, my point is that one must be practical and realistic in this type of endeavors, otherwise you end up with a mess. Bhakti Raghava Maharaja asked me to get involved in his varnasrama program precisely for that reason.

Hare Krishna.

If anyone wants to pursue this (to me $20,000 is a lot of money, but maybe one can be purchased used, or something), the route I would recommend is to visit the USDA Agricultural Research Service web site:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/main.htm

My former supervisor is no longer on their phone directory, which I take to mean that he's retired. We worked on isolating corn proteins, and the milk dryer was just sitting there from a previous use. So I never used it, but he told me that it works by spraying the milk in this big fat glass tube.

This particular machine was on the third floor of the Eastern Regional Research Center, main building, in the lab closest to the entrance to the pilot plant. There's a good chance it's still sitting there.

I'm pretty sure that if someone were to call the USDA ARS, it would be fairly easy to find someone who knows about this stuff. They're all extreme nerds there (I say that in a nice way!), and friendly, helpful, etc. I think if someone's serious they could get info on how to purchase one of these machines fairly quickly. Obviously, getting the money would be something else, but I guess for some people that would be the easy part.

Hare Krishna.

If someone has access to vedabase conversations perhaps they would kindly copy and paste Srila Prabhupada's talk to the Bhaktas at Gita Nagari farm (I believe) where he instructs them to do this.

I have no access at the moment. This would show this is clearly his desire and not just some people's whim.

All glories to His Divine Grace and to this holy day!

but could not find!

Govindram Prabhu pointed out the down load to computer type "complete works of ACBS" and it has given me much Brahminical Culture, but could not find the talk that i have read transcripts of at Sri Gita Nagari as you say.

It may be like the words said about going to Sri Gita Nagari to fullfill his and His "Varnashrama" or Simple Living/High Thinking idea. Saying from what i have read also in transcripts "Now i must go and finish the other 50% of my mission".

But even if i do not find those exact words in a folio disk, i "know".

Lecture Gita-nagari farm July 15. 1976

In India we are in scarcity of milk. So, krsi-go-raksya-vanijyam. [bg. 18.44]: "Farming, cow protection and trade are the natural work for the vaisyas..."] If you have got enough milk you can make trade. Vanijyam, that is Krsna's instruction. It is not that we hate the modern system. No, we do not hate anything. Nirbandhah krsna-sambandhe. [From Bhakti -rasamrta- sindhu 2.255: "When one is not attached to anything, but at the same time accepts everything in relation to Krsna, one is rightly situated above possessiveness. On the other hand, one who rejects everything without knowledge of its relationship to Krsna is not as complete in his renunciation."] we want to try to engage everything in Krsna's service. If modern machine is there, we don't hate it. We must find out the means how this machine can be utilized for Krsna's service. So if you have got excess milk, you can make it powdered milk and you can send to India in any amount. It will be consumed. At least we can use it in our different centers, we can distribute. So there is no question.