IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

breath of life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

has anyone else experienced a loss of breath, being unable to breathe, feeling like one is unable to breathe, until eating some meat? i have experienced this lately but want to remain a vegetarian. i read in the vedas that it is ok to eat meat when your breath of life is in danger--what kinds of things might cause this (loss of life-breath) to happen? i was vegetarian for about 10 years with only a few times (2 brief periods) eating meat, although i did eat eggs

Guest guest

this is from the laws of manu; i may be mistaken about it being a part of the vedas

"Now i will tell the rule for eating and not eating meat. . . .You may eat meat that has been consecrated by the sprinkling of water, or when priests want to have it, or when you are properly engaged in a ritual, or when your breath of life is in danger."

The Laws of Manu, Ch.5

Guest guest

"A twice-born person who knows the true meaning of the Vedas and injures sacrificial animals for these (correct) purposes causes both himself and the animal to go to the highest level of existence."(Ch.5)

but it also says:

"Anyone who looks carefully at the source of meat, and at the tying up and slaughter of embodied creatures, should turn back from eating any meat." (Ch.5)

(My question still is, though, what about when one's breath of life is in danger?)

Guest guest

That is what it seems to mean, to me, but including nothing else to sustain in the sense of a certain type of nutritional deficiency that can arise-(?) When my sister became pregnant the 2nd time I found myself becoming very weak and nutritionally deficient, though this might have been coincidental

has anyone else experienced a loss of breath, being unable to breathe, feeling like one is unable to breathe, until eating some meat? i have experienced this lately but want to remain a vegetarian. i read in the vedas that it is ok to eat meat when your breath of life is in danger--what kinds of things might cause this (loss of life-breath) to happen? i was vegetarian for about 10 years with only a few times (2 brief periods) eating meat, although i did eat eggs

WOAH There's a lot going on here. And a medical doctor (who is favorable toward vegetarianism) is needed.

With that said..... have you added complimentary medicine? And what about pranayama? Or healing with pranayama? When we serve others it often heals us. I didn't come here to post about my group, but since you sound in need of health help.... there is a free pranic healing course in the files section there and it includes breath work. Sometimes I wonder if many of today's diseases are related to pollution and oxygen deprivation! Anyway, try eating high veggie protein, and if you wish to use the breath to help heal (via reiki or pranic healing) others it will give automatic self healing.

Krishnas_Distance_Healers

Wishing you well.