IndiaDivine.org

Varuni recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Srila Sridhara Svami explains that Varuni is a liquor distilled from honey.

SB 10.65.19

and the sweet aroma of the liquid honey, Varuni, captivated Balaramaji. Balaramaji and all the gopis became very much attracted by the taste of Varuni, and all of them drank it together. While drinking this natural beverage, Varuni,

>>> Ref. VedaBase => KB 1970-2-10 / Lord Balarama Visits Vrndavana

Guest guest

It seems that as Lord Balaram is attracted to the honied liquer does the ol english drink MEAD come to mind ...is it possible that Lord Balaram was simply drinking fermented honied mead wine

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

Where I live, varuni was mixed of yoghurt, honey, apple juice and carbonated water. (Unfortunately, I don't know the ratios; it was a dense, but liquid mix, with a viscosity of glycerine.) We mixed it early in the day, waited till noon, offered to Balaram and drought it. And - I don't know hov bona fide this recipe is - but it worked.

• 6 months later...

From what I remember from a Balarama festival it was made with the following ingredients but I do not know the quantity of each one.

Milk

Thick (whipped) Cream

Honey

Yogurt

vanilla

and maybe a small dash of ghee but Im not sure of this.

I remember it tasted really creamy and super sweet. After a few cups you really start to feel naturally high and happy. It was a wonderful experience and taste sensation. I hope this helps you and you also get to enjoy this wonderful beverage.