IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Radha Kripa Kataksha

Rate this topic

Radha Kripa Kataksha

<font color="blue"> SHRI RADHA KRIPA KATAKSHA- The PRAYER FOR THE MERCIFUL SIDELONG GLANCE OF SHRI RADHA</font color>

<font color="green"> (by Lord Shiva from the Urdhvamnaya-tantra)</font color>

Listen- Radha-krpa-kataksa-stava-raja

Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja.

1. munindra vrnda vandite tri loka soka harini

prasanna vaktra pankaje nikunja bhu vilasini

vrajendra bhanu nandini vrajendra sunu sangate

kada karisyasiha mam krpa kataksa bhajanam

Adored by the host of great sages, She drives away the grief of the three spheres. Her face like a lotus blooms with joy. Delighting in love's games in secret groves, She is the daughter of King Vrsabhanu and lives in the heart of the son of the King of Vraja. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

2. asoka vrksa vallari vitana mandapa sthite

pravala bala pallava prabharunanghri komale

varabhaya sphurat kare prabhuta sampad alaye

She rests upon a flower throne beneath a canopy of creepers and boughs of Ashoka. Her lotus feet are lustrous red like coral, yet as soft as new-sprouted leaves. Her hand is eager to give the blessing of fearlessness. She is the abode of abundant opulences. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

3. ananga ranga mangala prasanga bhangura bhruvam

sa vibhramam sa sambhrama drg anta bana patanaih

nirantaram vasi krta pratita nanda nandane

By charming movements Her arched eyebrows are the colourful stage of the play of love. By casting the arrow noose of Her rolling and love laden sidelong glance, She perpetually holds captive the unswerving allegiance of Sri Nandanandana. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over flowing grace?

4. tadit suvarna campaka pradipta gaura vigrahe

mukha prabha parasta koti saradendu mandale

vicitra citra sancarac cakora sava locane

As lightning's radiant illumination, or gold, or the blossoms of the champa is the fairness of Her limbs. The shining brilliance of Her face defeats the glory of a million moons of Sharad. Like young Chakoras, Her restless eyes skip to and fro, as if bewildered by strange and dazzling scenes at each new moment. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over flowing grace?

5. madonmadati yauvane pramoda mana mandite

priyanuraga ranjite kala vilasa pandite

ananya dhanya kunja rajye kama keli kovide

In exceedingly intoxicating youth, Her delightful sulking mood is Her bejeweled ornament. Dyed in Her darling's dedication, She is fully skilled in all the arts of making love. In sanctified groves, incomparable, She is learned in the study of all love's novelties. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over flowing grace?

6. asesa hava bhava dhira hira hara bhusite

prabhuta satakumbha kumbha kumbhi kumbha sustani

prasasta manda hasya curna purna saukhya sagare

The infinite and calm ocean of the sentiments of loving gestures adorns Her neck in the shape of a diamond necklace. Her well-developed breasts are like golden water pots or the cranial globes of an elephant. Her slow, enchanting smile glows with a silent bliss like a sea full of mirth. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

7. mrnala bala vallari taranga ranga dorlate

latagra lasya lola nila locanavalokane

lalal lulan milan manojna mugdha mohanasraye

Her slender arms, creeper slim, rhythmically wave and flow like lotus fibres in a current of water. Like the dancing top of the swaying vine, Her blue lotus eyes flash with enthralling glances. Her playful and alluring movements entice lovely meetings and fascinate Mohan Himself to take refuge in Her charms. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

8. suvarna malikancita tri rekha kambu kanthage

tri sutra mangali guna tri ratna dipta didhiti

sa lola nila kuntala prasuna guccha gumphite

On Her neck, graceful as a lovely conch, its beauty enhanced by three lines, She wears a golden necklace. Three lustrous jewels sparkle and swing from three cords, decreeing all fortune and auspiciousness. Her luxuriant black tresses, artfully woven with clusters of flowers, flow in waves towards Her heels. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

9. nitamba bimba lambamana puspa mekhala gune

prasasta ratna kinkini kalapa madhya manjule

karindra sunda dandika varoha saubhagoruke

The fullness of He rounded hips is girdled with a wreath of flowers of excellence. A splendid waistband of costly gems emits a soft melodious sound like the tinkling of bells, applauding Her beauty. Her graceful thighs are sloping like the tapering trunk of the tusker king. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over flowing grace?

10. aneka mantra nada manju nupuraravas khalat

samaja raja hamsa vamsa nikvanati gaurave

vilola hema vallari vidambi caru cankrame

Her jingling anklets sweetly resound as the divine and timeless chanting of many mantras, and in their melody is heard all the enchantment of the warbling of a flock of noble swans. The elegant movement of Her limbs is like the bewitching dance of golden creepers. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace?

11. ananta koti visnu loka namra padma jarcite

himadri ja puloma ja virinca ja vara prade

apara siddhi vrddhi digdha sat padanguli nakhe

Before whom Laksmi, the goddess of millions of unlimited Vaikunthas, stoops to bow with all humility; from whom Sati, Saci and Sarasvati receive favours; endless riches, supernatural powers, perfection and liberation are attained within the light of Her small toenail. O when will She shower upon me Her sidelong glance of over flowing grace?

12. makhesvari kriyesvari svadhesvari suresvari

tri veda bharatisvari pramana sasanesvari

ramesvari ksamesvari pramoda kananesvari

vrajesvari vrajadhipe sri radhike namo stu te

O Goddess Supreme, who presides over all sacrifices, rites and oblations and over the hosts of demigods and saintly persons. O Goddess Supreme, who provides the force to the Vedic utterances and to all arguments of law and logic; O Supreme Mistress of Laksmi and Bhu; O Queen of the celestial gardens of delight; Queen of Vraja, O Sovereign Mistress of Vrndavana, Srimati Radhika, I prostrate before Thee!

13. itidam adbhutam stavam nisamya bhanu nandini

karotu santatam janam krpa kataksa bhajanam

bhavet tadaiva sancita tri rupa karma nasanam

bhavet tada vrajendra sunu mandala pravesanam

May the Daughter of King Vrsabhanu, thus, on hearing this wonderful hymn of Her glories, be pleased to always shower on Me Her sidelong glance of over-flowing grace. Then may the threefold forms of karma, accumulated over many births, be immediately annihilated and may I be granted entrance into the eternal realm of King Nanda's divine son.

PHULA SRUTI

The aspirant who recites this hymn on the full moon day, on the eighth day of the waxing moon, and on the tenth, eleventh and thirteenth days of the waxing and waning moons, achieves the fruition of his desires and, by the grace of Sri Radhika's compassionate sidelong glance, bhakti characterized by prema sprouts in his heart.

The aspirant who recites this hymn one hundred times, while immersed in the waters of Sri Radha kunda, either up to his waist, up to his navel, up to his chest, or up to his neck, achieves the perfection of his desired ends and whatever he speaks comes true, he is endowed with full spiritual opulence and gets the direct, personal darshan of Srimati Radharani.

Being pleased with him, Srimati Radhika immediately grants him the greatest benediction and he gets to see with his own eyes Her darling sweet Lord, Sri Syamasundara. The Lord of Vraja, in His turn, grants that devotee an entrance into His eternal sports. For the Vaisnavas there is no greater goal to be achieved than this.