IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

PETA Employees Arrested for Animal Cruelty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AHOSKIE, N.C. -- Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said.

Investigators staked out the bin after discovering that dead animals had been dumped there every Wednesday for the past four weeks, Ahoskie police said in a prepared statement Thursday.

PETA has scheduled a news conference for Friday in Norfolk, Va., where the group is based.

Police found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to PETA. The animals were from animal shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties, police said.

The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said Thursday. Neither police nor PETA offered any theory on why the animals might have been dumped.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, Va., and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, Va., each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals. They were released on bond and an initial court date was set for Friday.

Hinkle has been suspended, but Cook continues to work PETA, Newkirk said.

Newkirk said she doubted Hinkle had ever been cruel to an animal and said if the animals were placed in the bin, "We will be appalled."

I am not surprised. I expect problems and inconsitencies from any organization. I am not sure on what the cruelty is. It doesn't sound like they killed the animals but only illegaly dumped their bodies. Certainly stupid. I'll have to hear more.

activists to terrorists. Just c how Kaliyuga turns everything upside down.

If u KILL & EAT, that's okay, but protest against killing???

Meat-packer outcry!!!

U must b weird 4 accepting/taking God's 6th commandment "Thous Shalt Not Kill" literally.

Guest guest

I wonder if they'll show the video of the idiot who let the minks out of the cages in Wisconsin and is now on trial? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guest guest

But some of them are close to crossing the line into becoming domestic terrorists like the eco-fascist Earth Firsters who are burning up Hummer dealerships, condominium developments and ski resorts. These freaks, when caught are going to have a rude awakening, because they will be made an example out of and get the stiffest sentences allowed under law. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Guest guest

than "vandalising" SUVs. Arson and firebombings. Explosions. When an innocent gets hurt from one of these activities, there's gonna be hell to pay. They've been lucky so far.

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

---Baretta (Robert Blake LOL!!!)

There have been arsons at housing developments that are too close to protected lands etc. But I have never heard of any convictions except the SUV thing.

Robert Blake started that one? That is ironic.

Guest guest

Robert Blake playing Baretta said the quote. He did the crime (killed his wife) and didn't have to do the time.

At least two arson fires, one in San Diego and the other in Northern Cali. And a huge arson fire at the top of Vail, Colo to save the lynxes.

All are open cases, and with the Patriot Act creating more avenues of investigation, I am sure they will be closed eventually and the perps paying for their crimes. I doubt the eco-terrs have the same resources as MJ, OJ and Baretta..... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

That punk was offered a plea bargain and he declined it! Eff him and his fellow terrorists. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

From today's article in the SF Chronicle:

<font face="courier">

Five years ago this month, Jeff Luers set fire to three SUVs at a dealership in Eugene, Ore., to protest America's heedless contributions to global warming. He was promptly arrested and put on trial for arson.

Refusing to plea bargain, as his accomplice did, and with a past record that includes 30 days in jail for a scuffle with a U.S. Forest Service agent, the then 22-year-old Luers was sentenced to 22 years and 6 months in prison, the longest sentence ever handed down in America for environmentally motivated sabotage.

The FBI estimates that in 2002, about 100 acts of ecoterrorism, which the agency defines as "the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against innocent victims or property ... for environmental-political reasons," are perpetrated each year. Though these acts have included spectacular actions such as the 1998 incineration of a ski lodge in Colorado and a number of more recent SUV torchings (including an incident at the same site Luers had targeted, which took place while he was on trial), very few perpetrators have ever been caught, and only about 10 people in the United States are serving time for this kind of crime. (No one has died in any of these attacks.)

Luers' supporters say his sentence is far longer than the act of simply burning three cars would seem to warrant, and he continues to appeal. Supporters have organized chapters in 35 cities and 11 countries, and they say Luers is a political prisoner rotting in prison because of the way he expresses his political beliefs.

This month marks the start of Luers' fifth year behind bars. Though he's imprisoned, Luers is still active in the radical environmental movement</font>...[snip]

I thought it was eight years but it is 22!!!! For burning three SUV in which no one was hurt. Remember Larry Singleton? That pathic creep picked up a 17 year old girl took her to a reservoir raped her, and then chopped off both of her arms and left her for dead. He was let out in years. Then her murdered again in Florida. Now that is crazy.

You think 22 years is just for destroying 3 SUV's? They should not even be allowed to sell such gas guzzling monsters unless they are hybrids. Maximum allowed gas usage should be 40 mpg.

Guest guest

here, because he never would have made it to trial. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

As far as SUVs go, let the market decide. If gas goes to $5 a gallon, the hybrids will become popular. Right now the hybrids take about six months to a year to get a hold of. Let the FREE market decide this, and keep the gubbmint out of it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

"Chant the holy names, chant the holy names, chant the holy names. There is no other way, there is no other way, there is no other way."

You've got to change peoples hearts in order to change the World. And you must first begin with yourself [and I am speaking about myself].

When I was a young buck bramacari, freshly initiated and full of piss and vinegar, I wanted to go out and blow up all the slaughterhouses and abortion mills. Fortunately I listened to my elders who convinced me that that is not the way to change hearts.

The guy is a selfish idiot, with a big ego. I hope he has time to reflect on his crimes and rectify himself; Otherwise I hope his cellmates aren't too cruel. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Guest guest

such a long sentence is because the little puke IS UNREPENTANT, never apologised for his crime, and insists that it was not a crime! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Go ahead and defend the little scumbag, I could not care less about him. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

He may be wrong and arrogant and so many things,that is not the point. 22 years in prison for destroying three SUV's is itself a greater crime.

You have greater faith in this so-called free market system than I do. These corp. heads of these various car and oil corp. don't give a fig about this earth they are exploiting it to the max and the people on it and certainly they care even less for the people coming up in the following generations.

I see unbridled capitalism as being an enemy of the God conscious life right up there in the same neighborhood as marxism.

Of course seting fire to three SUV's is stupid and change of heart is the real revolution but producing vehicles that get only 8-10 mpg's while we are so dependent on Saudi oil that we kiss their butts when we know Wahabiism(sp) is the root of the current terror problem and it is centered in Saudi Arabia is truly madness. They are holding the US over a barrel(pun intended)and that is a dangerous position.

Guest guest

The idiot could have pled out and at least faked an apology, and done a year.

Anyways, back to the original topic of the thread, PETA:

<font face="courier">

<h3>PETA looks bad after two arrests</h3>

By Gene Mueller

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Published June 22, 2005

What's going on in the offices of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals? The same sanctimonious animal-rights group that pleads for donations so it can stop us "blood-thirsty" hunters and fishermen once and for all is in the middle of a smelly affair involving the euthanization of pets picked up at animal shelters. Incidentally, they were pets PETA reportedly promised it would find good homes for.

The Associated Press and the Virginian-Pilot newspaper in Norfolk have reported that two Hampton Roads employees of the Norfolk-based PETA were charged in Ahoskie, N.C., with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin.

Investigators staked out the bin after discovering dead animals had been dumped there every Wednesday for the past four weeks, Ahoskie police said.

Police found 18 dead animals in the trash bin and 13 more in a van registered to PETA. The animals were from shelters in North Carolina's Northampton and Bertie counties, police said. The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, according to PETA president Ingrid Newkirk.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals.

PETA euthanizes animals by lethal injection, which it considers more humane than gassing groups of animals, as some cash-strapped counties are forced to.

However, veterinarian Patrick Proctor said authorities found a female cat and her two "very adoptable" kittens among the dead animals. He said they were taken from the Ahoskie Animal Hospital.

Barry Anderson, Bertie County's animal control officer, identified nearly all of the dumped dogs as ones Cook and Hinkle picked up, even though PETA representatives "told him they were picking up the dogs to take them back to Norfolk where they would find them good homes," according to the Bertie County Sheriff's Office.

</font>

So PETA collects funds from folks in a scam, then later kills the animals.

PETA KILLS KITTENS; Yep, that there is real ethical... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif