IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Suspended animation

Rate this topic

There is a new article in Scientific America that discusses how scientists are hard at work trying to understand the process for putting the human body into a temporary state of suspended animation long enough to transport organs to it for transplantation. Seems one problem is that someone in California who needs say a liver may die before a suitable matching liver can make its way from say New York in time for the operation. If they can suspend the body that is to receive the liver long enough more operations would be successful.

This takes very great medical intelligence to pull off. And they may do it. They will deserve credit due. Of course we know that they are using borrowed intelligence but that aside.

But consider Krsna's suspended animation. Not just the hibernation of bears but of countless living beings who accept sayuja-mukti into the impersonal brahmajyoti. Now *that* is suspended animation big time.

As is the souls merging into Maha-Vishnu along with their material aspirations after a universal devastation.

We can give the scientists due credit for their achievments, but why are they unwilling to give credit to Krsna for His?

Guest guest

Krsna exists? That he's behind everything?

Why do you expect everyone to follow and give credit to Krsna when they don't see him, most don't know of him, etc.?????

The arguments for God existings are far far superior to those against.

The knowledge of the brahmajyoti and Maha-Vishnu I accept on sighted faith in the one who revealed such. I believe the Lord in my heart is using the teachings of Srila Prabhupada to reveal truths of Himself.

Simply that

I neglected to add that I do not expect everyone to accept Krsna at any one time and follow Him. This is the material world afterall where souls come to forget Krsna.

I post to keep my own mind engaged and hopefully to make some other person curious to investigate this path more fully. Even indirectly by debating the points as you are.

From where I am they all look pretty much alike. Ha, we are so unspeakably tiny. We can't even imagine how small we are compared to the Lord. How can we make a relative comparison when we can't even get a fix on His greatness in order to compare to our smallness. The whole thing is simply beyond any calculation.

Guest guest

There he is! Third from the left.

Is that all coming from washing the feet of God?

A good alternative to the 'American Dream'

yadyapi pratyaksanumana-sabdaryopamanarthapattyabhava-

sambhavaitihya-cesthakhyani dasa pramanani viditani, tathapi bhrama-pramada-vipralipsa-karanapatava-dosa-rahitavacanatmakah sabda evamulam pramanam

If one carefully examines the ten kinds of evidence, namely pratyaksa, anumana, arya, upamana, arthapatti, abhava, sambhava, aithihya, and centha, one will find that all of them are contaminated with the four defects of material life: cheating, imperfect senses, illusion, and mistakes. Therefore of all of these, revelation, sruti, is considered to be superior for it is above the four defects. Sruti is, therefore, the root of all evidence. (Tattva-Sandarbha, Sarva-samvadini)

ananta-sakti-madhye krsnera tina sakti pradhana

'iccha-sakti', 'jnana-sakti', 'kriya-sakti' nama

iccha-sakti-pradhana krsna icchaya sarva-karta

jnana-sakti-pradhana vasudeva adhisthata

iccha-jnana-kriya vina na haya srjana

tinera tina-sakti meli' prapanca-racana

kriya-sakti-pradhana sankarsana balarama

prakrtaprakrta-srsti karena nirmana

ahankarera adhisthata krsnera icchaya

goloka, vaikuntha srje cic-chakti-dvaraya

yadyapi asrjya nitya cic-chakti-vilasa

tathapi sankarsana-icchaya tahara prakasa

Krsna has unlimited potencies, out of which three are chief--willpower, the power of knowledge, and the creative energy. He is the predominator of the willing energy, for by His supreme will everything comes into existence. In

willing, there is a need for knowledge, and that knowledge is expressed through Vasudeva. There is no possibility of creation without thinking, feeling, willing, knowledge, and activity. The combination of supreme will, knowledge, and

action brings about the cosmic manifestation. Lord Sankarsana is Lord Balarama. Being the predominator of the creative energy, He creates both the material and spiritual worlds. That original Sankarsana is the cause of both the

material and spiritual creation. He is the predominating Deity of egotism, and by the will of Krsna and the power of the spiritual energy, He creates the spiritual world, which consists of Goloka Vrndavana and Vaikuntha. Although

there is no question of creation as far as the spiritual world is concerned, the spiritual world is nonetheless manifest by the supreme will of Sankarsana. The spiritual world is the abode of the pastimes of the eternal spiritual energy.

(Cc. Madhya 20.252-257)