IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Revenge of the Sith - A Labour of Love

Rate this topic

So beautiful. Not since the Matrix blind-sided me have I emerged from a tale so moved. Purposely sitting in the center of the front row, I had to turn my head side to side to catch the action, drawn completely into each scene, pounded by the sights and sounds of realism. Remembering Krsna throughout, the force was indeed with me, and it added that special dimension of magic that we have come to love.

Every brush stroke, every scene was a loving punctuation to this great saga. Not even Romeo and Juliet has such heart-wrenching tragedy. Its terror is beyond expectation, leaving the heart totally empty in ghastly awe. Especially if you have a wife, the story will tear you from side to side, yet eventually leave you in Krsnaloka. I am still reeling, as it spills from my fingertips here.

We are such fortunate people, we lovers of God.

Guest guest

Thanks gHari, for your posting contemporary topics. And while it is "just" a movie, bhagavad gita notes that greatness is but a spark of his splendor. Devotees can get nectar from any source, because they are like swans (paramahamsas) who can drink from a mixture of milk and water, accepting only one while rejecting the other.

Me, Im still on Snow White and the Sangriya application. I am still on Victor Hugo. Lately, Im into GK Chesterton. Devotees can gain from extracting absolute truth from works such as these.

haribol, ys, mahak

That movie did take me by surprise too. At first I thought it was going to be crappy like Episode 1 and 2 but I have to admit the last part of the movie caught that old magic that made the first 3 Star Wars movies so good. Those movies definetly remind me of something Krishna would be involved in just like I think Krishna is the inspiration behind the wonderful raps of the extraordinary genuis of Marshal Mathers aka Slim Shady or Eminem. When I listen to Eminem I immediately think of Krishna because only Krishna could come up with such genius. The thing that really trips me out is both George Lucas and Marshal Mathers are flamin libs but I still admire their genuis. It just shows you Krishna works in a variety of ways.

"My songs can make you cry, take you by surprise at the same time, make you dry your eyes with the same rhyme. See what you are seeing is a genius at work so its easy to misinterpret it at first cause when I speak its tongue in cheek. I'd yank my teeth before I'd ever bite my tongue, slice my gums, get struck by lightning twice at once and die and come back as Vanilla Ice's son and walk around the rest of my life spit on and kicked and hit with sh*t everytime I sung, like R. Kelly as soon as Bump and Grind comes on." - Eminem

Guest guest

When I listen to Eminem I immediately think of Krishna because only Krishna could come up with such genius.***

You must be straight out of the mental hospital.

Or the old sailor. Slim even chants OM in a recent video. I find his creativity fascinating, enlivening and thoroughly enjoyable. Who among us will go into Harlem to try to lift the unfurtunate out of their depression? Slim is my man.

That's just it right there why people don't get Slim Shady. They look at the surface and say look he does all these bad things and says all these bad things but what they are missing is that he is a little white boy who was deserted by his father but yet through the force of willpower, creativity, sarcasm and humor he made a success out of his life and gained the respect of both black people and white people. Slim Shady has become a source of hope and inspiration for all sorts of disenfranchised people all over the globe be they black or white. If that isn't the definition of a transcendentalist I don't know what is. Not to mention the fact that he is the poster child for what a good parent is as his devotion to his daughter is legendary. I'm with you, don't diss on Slim. Slim is alright in my books.