IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Coat of the Body

Rate this topic

Heard this on MP3, I guess cause I listen to Mp3's when you read the Transcripts they differ in the way for the audience [isn't the same for me]. Jai for technology. I'll add the parts NOT in the Folio Base /images/graemlins/wink.gif in brackets-

Bhagavad-gita 1.32-35

London, July 25, 1973

BG 1.32-35__Shortcut To Spiritual Knowledge__25jul73_LO

Prabhupada…

The soul is covered by two bodies, the external and internal. External means these gross elements-earth, water, air, fire, sky. And internal means the mind, intelligence and ego.

They are also material [within that two covering]. Just like our body is covered by shirt and coat, similarly, the soul is encaged in two kinds of bodies. When this gross body is finished, the subtle body, mind, intelligence and ego, they are there. The soul is covered. The gross body is finished. That is called death. But people do not know that there is no death..

--

You really have to listen to these lectures for max benefit. Good job I don't like reading much. Actually I don't like hearing much either. Curious.