IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jayagauranitai

Laddu Gopal deity question

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhuada!

I was hoping that someone could answer a question for me. I just got a baby gopal deity for my daughter yeaterday. I was wondering if there is a certain place it should go on our alter? We have Gaura Nitai in the center, and a photo of srila prabhupada to the deities right and a photo of Panca tattva on their left. Does anyone know if there is a correct place to put this deity, or does it matter?

Thank you in advance!

Haribol

Guest guest

The placement is not too important as long as he is not placed lower Gaura Nitai, also it is reccomended to keep prabupad's photo slightly lower, My personal suggestion wauld be too keep him between nityananda and chaitanya, but that is only for asthetic purposes, however you should be aware the standard required gor gopal is much higher than that of gaura nitai

Why then do they recommend this for beginners or children to worship if it has a higher standard than gaura-nitai? What is the standard for worshiping the gopal deity, or baby krishna? Is placing the deity at the same level as gaura-nitai ok or should we place the deity on a platform or something?

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

If Caitanya and Krsna are one and the same then why should one be lower or higher? In fact CMP is Radha and Krsna combined so shouldn't He be the highest??

And baby Krsna is the same as adult Krsna so what;s the difference?

Too many podantic rules /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nah, seriously, I really think that we have too much emphasis on this kind of etiquette sometimes - yes, there is a protocol and i appreciate that but let's not go overboard about it. Put Baby Krsna wherever you like, is my opinion - He doesn't mind so long as you love Him with all your heart!

G.

Guest guest

on the same level is ok, a asarn would however be nice and the reason not to place him lower is related to disiplinic sucession, as far as the standard is concerned it is highr as with gaura nita there is no rish and all offences are forgiven but with gopal if you begin a stamdard MAINTAIN it, so don't start too high.

Guest guest

You do not need to worry so much about the standards of worship being carried out by children. These deities have not had the prana pratishta performed, and they are not established in a temple. Whatever worship your daughter can do is fine.