IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Anti-Virus Trick

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna Prabhus,

Pranams. Jaya Srila Prabhupada! Jaya Gaura Bhakta Vrnda!

Here is an anti-virus trick that I strongly recommend! It is most simple and it prevents a virus from spreading to all of the people that have their email address listed in the address book of your email client. For those who may not be aware of the following fact, please understand that many viruses spread on their own simply by using your address book. If you want to avoid this situation, you can use this very efficient method which will not stop a virus from entering your computer but will impede its spreading capacity.

Simply create a new contact in your address book that possess the following address: 0000@000.00 . No need to add any other detail. Please do the following : point your mouse to 0000@000.00 , right-click and add to the address book. This new contact will be added at the top of your list (if you have sub-heading like family, business etc..., you have to manually go into each category and create the contact in each one). From now on, any virus that attempts to spread will start with your first contact but since it doesn't correspond to a real address, your computer will automatically react and the virus will stop without having contaminated anybody else.

Please tell your friends.

I hope this meets you well.

Yours in service, Pragosh das

P.s.: The best is to have an anti-virus service online which is updated once or twice a week as the virus specimen appear on a very regular basis. The most popular ones are McAfee and Symantec .

Hare Krsna prabhus,

Pranams. Jaya Srila Prabhupada! Jaya Gaura Bhakta Vrnda!

Concerning the email I sent you on the anti-virus trick, there is one particularity which could be an exception for the good functioning of the stratagem. A devotee called Satyavati-suta das brought this up: If you have some pamho addresses in your address book, the first is one of non initiated devotee whose address could look like the following (Bhakta-such-and-such)andthen@email.pamho has parentheses and these are characters prior to zero (0). This is not a usual format of email address but it exists nevertheless and even if you do not have one of such email addresses at the present in your address book, you should still do the following since one could slip in if someone who has such an address writes to you. As you know, in Outlook Express at least, addresses are added automatically.

Simply add empty parentheses before the false e-mail address and that would do the job. Like: ()0000@000.00

--

Another devotee sent me the address where you can download an efficient anti-virus (free): Avast Home Edition

Now for the problems that could be caused by spywares here three softwares (free): Spybot , SpywareBlaster 3.3 , Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.05 .

Now here is a software that can erase all of your sensitive data from your hard drives: Eraser 5.7

Here is a free software to send encrypted email and data on hard drive : Cryptainer LE

A cleaner application: CCleaner 1.17.094 (cleaner applications always need a certain know-how since you must decide wether or not you can get rid of a file. Useless files slow down the computer though.)

Diagnostic software: EVEREST Home Edition (free for personal use)

Here is a bit of advice given by the devotee who gave all the addresses:

"Prabhu should you find that you have not the time to effect all the upgrades listed above, the only one that is an absolute must is the first one AVAST antivirus system. It has six to seven real time resident scanners and will do and initial scan that is called a boot time scan this is done prior to the operating system coming up DO NOT bypass or stop this preliminary operating system scan."

If you have technical problems because you do not have much knowledge of computers, kindly find a friend who can help you. I will not have the time to answer such questions. You could also check the suppliers of those softwares who might have a technical support service. Thank you for your understanding. A devotee sent me those addresses and I thought they might be useful to some of you.

I hope this meets you well.

Yours in service, Pragosh das