IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Can anybody be a Guru and in what Context!

Rate this topic

Room Conversation

with Indian Guests

--

March 13, 1975, Tehran

MP3- CONVERSATION__ONLY KRSNA SHOULD BE SATISFIED__13MAR75_TE

amara ajnaya guru hana tara ei desa

yare dekha, tare kaha 'krsna'-upadesa

[Cc. Madhya 7.128]

He says that "All of you, you become guru." Just like I am requesting all Indians outside that I am alone trying to spread this Indian culture, why not you also join? You also become guru. So how to become guru? Not that simply by advertising that one has become guru all of a sudden, no. Guru means, as Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, yare dekha, tare kaha 'krsna'-upadesa [Cc. Madhya 7.128]. Whomever you meet, you just instruct him in what Krsna says, that's all. You become guru. It is not very difficult to become guru, provided we simply preach the instruction of Krsna. That we are doing. We do not say that we are perfect, we have become God, or we have so many, so many magic jugglery. No, we have nothing to do, that. No magic, no jugglery, no God. Simply to become servant of God, and whomever we meet, we speak the words of God, that's all. Then you become guru. This is our mission. That we may be imperfect, that doesn't matter. We are imperfect. Just like this child, he is imperfect. Everyone knows. But if he says, "My father has informed me that this is microphone," so this knowledge of "is microphone" is perfect because he has received from the father, experienced father. And before hearing from the father, he may not know that this is microphone, but since he has heard from the father that this is microphone, and if he says to others that "My father has said, 'This is microphone,' " then people will accept this is perfect knowledge. So we should follow this instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, yare dekha, tare kaha 'krsna'-upadesa [Cc. Madhya 7.128]. So you, every one of you, can become guru. You may say that "I am not interested to become a guru," but Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that if you are not interested, that is not very good. You should be interested. You must be guru. That is success of your life. You can speak the instruction of Krsna, even to your family. That also guru. You are actually guru. The father or the head of the family is guru to the children, to the wife. In India still, the wife addresses the husband as pati-guru. And father is guru. That is natural. So why don't you become real guru to your wife, to your children, and instruct Bhagavad-gita as it is? This is our mission. You sit down in the evening, chant Hare Krsna mantra, and teach little instruction from the Bhagavad-gita. See how the life changes. Is that very difficult task?