IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

looking for a vaishnava life companion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a vaishnavi, 40 yrs of age - a sincere practictioner of bhakti-yoga. I am seeking a mature age (40-50 yrs) life companion who is also walking the path of bhakti.

The need for having a life companion is motivated by the desire to advance and progress on the path of bhakti with the help and company of a partner and companion who himself is on the path. And in the process, also contribute to his advancement and progress.

Living outside of India, it is very difficult to get Sadhu Sanga. While that cannot be an excuse for not developing my krishna consciousness, I do think, practising bhakti yoga will be easier if I had a companion and a partner.

Those interested in exploring the possibility of developing a transcendental companionship for (rest of this) life, please email me on vaishnavi_devidasi@.

Guest guest

Thank you Sunanda for the link and guest for your best wishes.

I would like to ask a question. When I viewed the profiles on the site, several of them say that they only follow three regulatory principles and not all the four. Could the experienced devotees here please tell me as to which one of the 4 regs is least followed. I am curious and always thought that for someone to call themselves a krishna conscious person, following 4 regs is a MUST.

Please enlighten me on the devotee lifestyles.

Vaishnavi

Guest guest

The so-called civilized man does not take account of this horrible condition of life, and sometimes, for the purpose of sense gratification, he tries to kill the child by methods of contraception or abortion. Unserious about the horrible condition in the womb, such persons continue in materialism, grossly misusing the chance of the human form of life.

SB 3.31.17

In sexual intercourse, if there is no soul, there is no conception, no pregnancy. Contraception deteriorates the womb so that it no longer is a good place for the soul. That is against the order of God. By the order of God, a soul is sent to a particular womb, but by this contraceptive he is denied that womb and has to be placed in another. That is disobedience to the Supreme. For example, take a man who is supposed to live in a particular apartment. If the situation there is so disturbed that he cannot enter the apartment, then he is put at a great disadvantage. That is illegal interference and is punishable.

SSR 1i: Srila Prabhupada Gives the Vedic Evidence

This is going on. Just see how the rascal civilization is going on. They're thinking they're killing. This way killed, that way killed. No. You, it is sinful because you create inconvenience to that particular soul. He was taking shelter, karmana daiva-netrena jantur dehopapattaye [sB 3.31.1]. By his karma he was given shelter to develop a body, and if you kill that body, that means you go against the order of the Supreme. Daiva-netrena, suppose you are destined to occupy some room, and somebody does not allow you to enter that room, is it not criminal? It is criminal, unlawful detention, unlawful... It is unlawful, even in the state. Similarly, a living entity is developing one body, and if you kill that, you become immediately criminal, punishable. And the living entity who is checked to develop the body, he's put into inconvenience, he's also sinful. He's also sinful. Therefore it may be simply he's wandering from one womb to another, one womb to another. Because he committed that sinful activity abortion. Now the man who causes his abortion, he also being punished, that "You'll never see the light of this world. You'll simply have to live one womb to another, one womb to another. Go on." So nature's punishment is like that. But these foolish people they do not know.

Bhagavad-gita 2.12 -- London, August 18, 1973

Prabhupada: But do you mean to say sudras should be allowed to kill? Law, the state law, does allow that "He is a sudra. He is a lower class of man. Let him commit murder, and the law will not be applicable to him"? Does it mean? This contraceptive method is equivalent to commit murder. So either you are sudra or a brahmana or ksatriya, but it doesn't matter. If you commit murder, then you are putting yourself in difficulties.

SP Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.9 -- Montreal, July 6, 1968

Guest guest

observe all four regs and be happy in this life and the next in service to Lord Caitanya. Your partner should help u do this.

Guest guest

No ifs or buts!

3 regs is like one of those 75% vegetarians

It is harder if you are young, but the benefits are greater. So much potency will develop in a devotee that follows the directives of their Guru dev.

Also consider if you've taken vows to observe these principles to your spiritual master we don't only cheat ourselves but our master has also taken responsibility for your welfare, trust that by his grace you can overcome these desires and help will be forthcoming.

The problem I've noticed is that by watering down the process, the non-observance of one principle can erode the others over time. Inner Strength and will power come from celibacy. The principles are like the pillars of your temple- 3 won't be so secure or supportive.

If you are young and the hormones are working you over then try to regulate your sexlife so that it becomes less and less. With a loving partner your relationship should bond stronger as you withdraw from lust, it can be transformed into love for each other and the Lord.

Try to see each other as Krsnas' property and each other as the servant of the servant of their lordships. It will help to honor and cherish the gift God has bestowed on each other.