IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Mayavadi Defeated?

Rate this topic

Mayavadi Defeated?

This is great from jaiva-dharma- Chapter 15: Prameya: Jiva-Tattva

</p>

Vrajanatha: I heard from my teacher that when it is surrounded by maya, the impersonal brahman becomes the individual spirit soul. When a small portion of the great sky is surrounded by the walls of a clay pot, it becomes the sky within a pot. In the same when the impersonal Brahman is surrounded by Maya, it becomes the individual soul. What does this mean?

</p>

Babaji: That is just impersonalism (mayavada). How can maya have the power to touch the Supreme Brahman? If you say that Brahman has no potency, then how can maya even approach Brahman? The maya potency has no independent power. How can she have any effect on the Brahman? It cannot be said that the great Brahman becomes covered by maya and is then forced to suffer in different ways. That is not possible. If Brahman's spiritual potency is always awake and vigilant, how can the insignificant maya-shakti defeat her and proceed to create the individual souls from Brahman in this way? The Supreme Brahman is limitless and immeasurable. How can the limitless Brahman be broken into smaller souls in the same way the great sky is broken into the little skies within a series of clay pots? The idea that maya can have some effect on the Brahman cannot be accepted. Maya has nothing to do with the creation of the individual spirit souls. Although they are atomic in size, the individual spirit souls are superior to maya.

</p>

There is a download for Jaiva-dharma at this site- [where I pasted this from]

</p>

http://www.geocities.com/theholynameofkrishna/INFOBASEv3.html

</p>

May have to try later, if the limit of downloads is reached, because

I just downloaded it myself.