IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Stay at Gaur Govinda Matha?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Asking here. If somebody wanted to stay in a Temple [This is in Uk, Birmingham] I am 28 years old. Anyone know how this works? I don't know how long I would stay. But I know it would be good for me. Any suggestions or tips? I live about Bradford, uk. Birmingham is a bit far to travel say everyday anyway. Plus this temple felt like home. And why am I asking here? I want some encouragement. [and some blessings HAHA]. Just let me know. It would do me good to train a little. And serve the devotees. I am on such a low platfrom of devotional service. [mode of ignorance]. Tell me your views, or experiences. This is NOT Iskcon Temple.

the temple president or whomever is in charge and humble request that you be allowed to stay and do service for a week or two. It seems to me that any temple would want to keep a devotee inspired and help them make their spiritual life flourish, as long as there is room.

Good luck!

Hare Krishna

find a good paying job and practice KC at home.

This didn't work for me. I need least a Year [i think] with devotees or shorter. I am not sure, to get little established with devotee lifesytle. Learn some things. Serve devotees.

Whats with all this defensiveness? His Guru is not a member of ISKCON, so he is wanting to go to a non ISKCON temple. Whether he has something against ISKCON or not, is not something that matters. I think he just meant that it is not an ISKCON temple, so there may be certain procedures to follow to be allowed to stay in their temple, that are different than ISKCON. He was looking for advice, thats all. Relax, please. He just wants to further his spiritual life, not make jabs at ISKCON.

Guest guest

I need least a Year [i think] with devotees or shorter.

Have you ever discussed this with the temple management there?