IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Afraid of hell

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I remember my preceptor, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada who is very expert in describing the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ, described this "bathing in the blood" for salvation as most irreligious. I find it bordering on being raksasa, except, the raksasa race eats humans without any evil intent, like sharks in the sea have no envy for the victim.

So they are not even raksasas, who recognize Lord Brahma as their creator and would never enjoy His brutal murder as a means for their materialistic life to continue.

The disappearance, including the Passion, of Lord Jesus Christ, is glorious. But to think that this transcendental activity of defeating death on behalf of His Father who had sent Him has anything to do with continual survival in happiness in this world of death is a great misconception, and actually a deception of humongous proportions.

Jesus acknowledges this as well, as stating that future salvationists will be recognized by neither He nor His Father.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

From one angle Christianity may look very simplistic. But Christianity is following the instructions of Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus told His disciples "Pick up your cross and follow Me."

Ahh, it is not so simple anymore. There is no contining in material life. We are instructed to crucify the will of the flesh in preference for the will of the Father. Not this dancing around the cross like it was a maypole or something. We are told to pick it up ourselves.

Too much for me. I can only hope to take the dust of a true Christian upon my head.

Guest guest

Christians, however, are commanded to love -- even their enemies. What do you have against that? I have heard others accuse people for doing good works, presupposing that it is evil somehow. Idol worship leads to that virus of eyes that don't see and ears that don't hear. It is a natural consequence of idolatry that no one can avoid. It infects a nation as easily as an individual. Historical examples are many.

I feel sorry for the individual who has been taught that Hinduism is the first religion. It is not, and there is ample proof for the one who is in love with straight out Truth. I feel sorry that you feel Vishnu, Krishna, etc., are such good examples. But the Truth is that they have absolutely no history. They are complete myths. Where the historical evidences should be found -- just north of India -- there are none. Do you know anything about how impossible that would be archaeologically speaking were it Truth? Those who hate Truth have studied this and then all kinds of excuses are made, and the virus of unseeing eyes and unhearing ears making it literally impossible to see and hear the Truth. Deceived ones want more than anything else to find what they already believe, and they are not willing to concede to any evidence -- thus the virus of blindness and deafness.

Let me ask you, if I came to you and said, "run for your life! A chemical plant has exploded and we will be killed if we stay here." Would you not have to be willing to convert your attention to whatever it was occupied upon, and weigh just long enough the evidence you have as to how likely I would be lying? If the evidence all pointed towards running for your life, wouldn't only the idiot remain in place convinced that he was safe? Is there any difference between an idiot and an enlightened person who refuses to even look at the evidence? This is not my opinion, the evidences ALL support it -- if you will bother to test them.

Going with the evidence instead of against it requires a people who love Truth. Those who hate Truth will throw up every road block imaginable, and even threaten your life, liberty and property. ALL the evidence available shows the zenith of idolatry came to India in full form and flower as the enemy of Almighty God. Over and again, the entire cradle of civilization was in conflict between those who love Truth and those who didn't, between idolaters and idolaters, and between idolaters and God's people.

The most clever ruse Satan ever applied was to get man to think that he is okay even though God has said otherwise. Stop calling your idols good when the creator of heaven and earth demanded they were evil. It doesn't matter how you dress them, as "evil" or as "good." They are all evil to the God that created man. One of the most challenging passages in the bible is to Jews and Christians! All religious people can benefit from what Jesus said and test and examine themselves as to whether they meet the challenge.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;

Guest guest

... and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And for an entire year they met with the church and taught considerable numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch. Ac 11:26 NASV

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them; for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.” Eph 5:1-14 NASV

Not one of us! We are all responsible to God and to Him murder and idolatry are on an equal footing. The penalty for murder is the same as for idolatry. We all do wrong, and we all desire to have our sins forgiven. For this reason Jesus came into the world not to condemn it, but to save it. Anyone who obeys the good news message can be a Christian and have his/her sins washed away. ALL the Bushes and Blairs of the world need this good news, but let's not make this political.

Guest guest

We're all little frogs in little wells my friend, don't be so certain your vision of Gods kingdom is the only truth, or you may remain in the less expansive, limited section of it.

To know that there is a vast ocean of Gods eternal servitors having endless wonderful exchanges of loving devotion with Him beyond your wildest dreams, is a healthy attitude, not that your conception is the only possible Truth. This is dangerous, and it causes sectarian fanaticism.

If you don't understand deity worship don't do it. But at the same time, don't judge others for doing so because Jesus and all religions also warn you not to.

So let us feel that divine Love you preach for us so called idol worshippers.

Guest guest

"Idol worship leads to that virus of eyes that don't see and ears that don't hear. It is a natural consequence of idolatry that no one can avoid. It infects a nation as easily as an individual. Historical examples are many."

"ALL the evidence available shows the zenith of idolatry came to India in full form and flower as the enemy of Almighty God"

"

-

-

--

are you conscious that in hinduism/vaishnavism there's no idolatry??All your biblic citations have nothing to do with hindu/vaishnava practice

what's your meaning of idolatry..???

Christians, however, are commanded to love -- even their enemies. What do you have against that?

Nothing against except for no one seems to follow this, just like the commandment of not to kill. The vaishnavas are asked to love everyone without distinction, including animals and plants. Since the christians (and many others) are carrying on wholesale slaughter of animals for eating their love is only hypocracy.

Idol worship leads to that virus of eyes that don't see and ears that don't hear. It is a natural consequence of idolatry that no one can avoid.

Your logic is well applied: Since you worship a mental conception or feeling of God you will vaporize into the mental realm after death. It is a natural consequence ...

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;

Precisely, the Lord knows not those who ridicule His devotees who are dearer to Him than His Own Self; and the Lord will declare such to all those persons.

The most clever ruse Satan ever applied was to get man to think that he is okay even though God has said otherwise.

Satan is a myth. A "rationalist" will turn the tables and say that the christian God is also a myth.

You are clueless indeed, and persons like yourself are responsible for maligning the teachings of a pure devotee like Jesus.

Christians, however, are commanded to love -- even their enemies. What do you have against that?

I have nothing against that. It is aslo my personal goal. But I have yet to meet a person Christian or otherwise, with the exception of our Srila Prabhupada who fullfils it. Or will you not try to bluff us into thinking you are on this level.

As for the rest of your talk, sorry time is short, too short to beat my head against a stone wall.

Please glorify the name of Christ and give up your demonic animal slaughter practices and thus perfect your life.

May God eternally bless you.

Hallelujah (glorify the name of Jah)