IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

So-called disciples who become submissive artificially,with ulterior motives ! ?

Rate this topic

SUCH PERSONS CANNOT UNDERSTAND

Persons who are always planning to do harm to other living entities are not eligible to understand Krishna consciousness and cannot enter the realm of transcendental loving service to the Lord. Also,there are so-called disciples who become submissive to a spiritual master most artificially, with an ulterior motive. They also cannot understand what Krishna consciousness or devotional service is. Persons who, due to be initiated by another sect of religious faith, do not find devotional service as the common platform for approaching the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also cannot understand Krishna con-sciousness.

We have experience that some students come to join us, but because of being biased in some particular type of faith, they leave our camp and become lost in the wilderness. Actually, Krishna consciousness is not a sectarian religious faith; it is a teaching process for understanding the Supreme Lord and our relationship with Him. Anyone can join this movement without prejudice, but unfortunately there are persons who feel differently. It is better, therefore,not to instruct the science of Krishna consciousness to such persons.

Generally, materialistic persons are after some name, fame and material gain. So if someone takes to Krishna consciousness for these reasons,he will never be able to understand this philosophy. Such persons take to religious principles as a social decoration. They admit themselves into some cultural institution for the sake of name only, especially in this age. Such persons also cannot understand the philosophy of Krishna consciousness. Even if one is not greedy for material possessions but is too attached to family life, he also cannot understand Krishna consciousness. Superficially, such persons are not very greedy for material possessions, but they are too attached to wife,children and family improvement. When a person is not contaminated by the above-mentioned faults, yet at the ultimate issue is not interested in the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, or if he is a non-devotee,he also cannot understand the philosophy of Krishna consciousness.

—Purport to Bhāg. 3.32.40.

ONE CANNOT INVENT ONE'S OWN WAY OF DEVOTIONAL SERVICE

"It is true that whatever relationship a particular devotee has with the Lord is the best for him; still, when we study all the different methods from a neutral position, we can understand that there are higher and lower degrees of love."

In this regard, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura explains that this verse does not advocate the whimsical invention of some methods of love of Godhead. Such inventions cannot be accepted as topmost. Indeed, such concoctions are not recommended in these verses. Srila Rupa Goswami has said in the Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu (1.2.101): that one must refer to the Vedic literature and other, supplementary literatures and follow the conclusion of the Vedas. An invented devotional attitude simply creates disturbances in the transcendental realm. If a person overly addicted to family life takes to Srimad-Bhagavatam or Krsna consciousness to earn a livelihood, his activity is certainly offensive. One should not become a caste guru and sell mantras for the benefit of mundane customers, nor should one make disciples for a livelihood. All these activities are offensive. One should not make a livelihood by forming a professional band to carry out congregational chanting, nor should one perform devotional service when one is attached to mundane society, friendship and love. Nor should one be dependent on so-called social etiquette. All of this is mental speculation. None of these things can be compared to unalloyed devotional service. No one can compare unalloyed devotional service, Krsna consciousness, to mundane activities. There are many unauthorized parties pretending to belong to the Sri Caitanya cult, and some are known as aula, baula, kartabhaja, neda, daravesha, sani, sakhibheki, smarta, jata-gosai, ativadi, chudadhari and gauranga-nagari.

Moreover, there are those who take the caste goswamis opinions of such parties as bona fide, comparing these opinions to those of the six Goswamis, headed by Sri Rupa and Sri Sanatana. This is simply another cheating process. There are also nondevotees who compose unauthorized songs, who establish different temples for money, who worship the Deity as priests for salaries, who accept caste brahmanism as all in all, and who do not know the value of a pure Vaisnava. Actually the caste brahmanas of the smarta community are opposed to the principles of the Satvata-panchartra. Furthermore, there are many Mayavadis and those overly addicted to material sense enjoyment. None of these can be compared to a person who is purely engaged in preaching Krsna consciousness. Every Krsna conscious person is constantly endeavoring to utilize different transcendental devices in the service of the Lord. Such a devotee renounces all material enjoyment and completely dedicates himself to the service of his spiritual master and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He may be a perfect celibate, a restrained householder, a regulated vanaprastha or a tridandi-sannyasi in the renounced order. It doesn't matter. The pseudo transcendentalists and the pure devotees cannot be compared, nor can one argue that a person can invent his own way of worship. (Caitanya Caritamrita- Madya-lila 8.83)

My dear Lord, pure devotional service is even difficult for liberated persons to discharge, but devotional service alone can satisfy You. Who will take to other processes of self-realization if he is actually serious about the perfection of life? (Lord Shiva- SB 4.24.56)

WE DO NOT BLUFF OUR STUDENTS SAYING THAT HE HAS LIBERTY TO DO ALL NONSENSE AND STILL MAKE SPIRITUAL ADVANCEMENT

...I thank you very much for your appreciation of my disciples in N.Y. and you will be glad to know all my disciples in different centers are being so trained. The four principles of restriction, namely, no illicit sex relations; no animal food; no intoxication; and no gambling, are acting on their character. Character building is the groundwork for seating Krishna Consciousness and the Vedic injunction is that one can advance in spiritual life by following the rules of austerity and celibacy. We do not bluff our students that he has liberty to do all sorts of nonsense, and at the same time advance in spiritual understanding. And because we are a little bit strict in this matter, we have not a very large number of followers, neither do we want any large number of nonsense followers. We want only one moon at night, and we do not care for millions of stars. When we meet we shall talk further on this matter, and I hope you shall be initiated. I thank you very much for your nice letter, and hope you are well.

Your ever well-wisher,

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

Jan. 18,1968

Any person who is always ready to satisfy Krsna and who is always dexterous in executing devotional service is called dharma-vira, or chivalrous in executing religious rituals. Only advanced devotees performing religious ritualistic performances can come to this stage of dharma-vira. Dharma-viras are produced after going through the authoritative scriptures, following moral principles, being faithful and tolerant and controlling the senses.

By brahminical culture, the development of the dormant qualities of goodness, namely truthfulness, equanimity, sense control, forbearance, simplicity, general knowledge, transcendental knowledge, and firm faith in the Vedic wisdom, one can become a brahmana and thus see the Lord as He is. And after surpassing the brahminical perfection, one has to become a devotee of the Lord so that His loving affection in the form of proprietor, master, friend, son and lover can be transcendentally achieved. The stage of a devotee, which attracts the transcendental affection of the Lord, does not develop unless one has developed the qualities of a brahmana as above mentioned. The Lord is inclined to a brahmana of quality and not of false prestige. Those who are less than a brahmana by qualification cannot establish any relation with the Lord, just as fire cannot be kindled from the raw earth unless there is wood, although there is a relation between wood and the earth. (Nectar of Devotion p.371, SB 1.14.34)

I will surely execute with utmost care those activities favorable to Your pure devotional service.

I will feel fondness for those things in this world which are conducive to pure devotion, and with my senses I will engage them in Your service.

With my hands I will always execute Your service, and I will forever dwell at that place where You abide.

Anything I do which gives pleasure to Your devotee I will embrace as conducive to Your devotional service. Bhaktivinoda knows neither religion nor irreligion. He simply prays that all his activities be favorable for pure devotion unto You. (Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura- Saranagati, Song 1)

I will surely execute with utmost care those activities favorable to Your pure devotional service.

I will feel fondness for those things in this world which are conducive to pure devotion, and with my senses I will engage them in Your service.

With my hands I will always execute Your service, and I will forever dwell at that place where You abide.

Anything I do which gives pleasure to Your devotee I will embrace as conducive to Your devotional service.

Bhaktivinoda knows neither religion nor irreligion.

He simply prays that all his activities be favorable for pure devotion unto You.

(Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura- Saranagati, Song 1)