IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

My respectful obeisances unto you, Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupada !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

BHAKTISIDDHANTA SARASWATI THAKUR WANTED EVERY ONE OF HIS DISCIPLES TO GO AND PREACH KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS

This is the auspicious day of the 103rd birth anniversary of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta. This is formal, but it is eternal, nitya-lila. A Vaisnava means the confidential servant of Krsna, he also comes for some purpose by the order of the master. So their life and Krsna's life, it is the same. There is no question of past, present, future.They are the same thing as the appearance and disappearance of the sun. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, our spiritual master, also came in this world to execute the mission of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. So he executed it, and when it was required, he left this place and went to another place to do the same business. Just like the sun rises at six o’clock and at seven o’clock there is six o’clock in another place. It is going on. Nitya-lila. So we have nothing to lament for disappearance. We should simply remember his activities.

You cannot understand the activities of the Vaisnava, but they come for some particular mission. After many, many millions of years, we get this chance to become a human being. We should become intelligent. And to make us intelligent, Krsna comes, Krsna's devotees come. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura is one of the messengers of Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu to preach Krsna consciousness. And not only he preached, but he trained up many disciples to preach this Krsna consciousness all over the world. So by his grace we are also endeavoring to do something. This is called the parampara system. We should take advantage of this Vaisnava mission.

Vaisnava means he doesn’t want any material profit or material opulence or material reputation. He never cares for all these things. A Vaisnava is always thinking how to do good to the suffering humanity. He knows what is the real suffering of humanity and he tries to establish real dharma. If we don’t accept the dharma, then we’ll be punished, again you’ll be in the cycle of birth and death, birth and death, birth and death. Therefore a Vaisnava has got a very great responsibility. A high-class Vaisnava is not after his personal benefit. My Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, was not the type of Vaisnava to take a japa mala and sit down in a secluded place to get cheap adoration from the innocent public. His special gift is he wanted every one of his disciples to go and preach the cult of Krsna consciousness. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura took Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s instruction very seriously, and he wanted his disciple to do so as well. Take this Krsna consciousness movement very seriously. It is not a national movement or some social movement. It is the movement to uplift the position of the whole human society. This was the mission of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. (Class by Srila Prabhupada on the appearance day of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada 2/8/1977)

I offer my respectful obeisances unto you, Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupada, who are the personified teachings of Lord Caitanya. You are the deliverer of the fallen souls. You do not tolerate any statement which is against the teachings of devotional service enunciated by Srila Rupa Gosvami. (Songs of the Vaisnava Acharyas)

When the mortal body of the spiritual master expires, his disciples should cry exactly as the queen cries when the king leaves his body.

However, the disciple and spiritual master are never separated because the spiritual master always keeps company with the disciple as long as the disciple follows strictly the instructions of the spiritual master. This is called the association of vani (words).

Physical presence is called vapuh. As long as the spiritual master is physically present, the disciple should serve the physical body of the spiritual master, and when the spiritual master is no longer physically existing, the disciple should serve the instructions of the spiritual master.

(Purport to text 47)

TEXT

uddhava uvaca

krsna-dyumani nimloce girnesv ajagarena ha

kim nu nah kusalam bruyam gata-srisu grhesv aham

Sri Uddhava said: My dear Vidura, the sun of the world, Lord Krishna, has set, and our house has now been swallowed by the great snake of time. What can I say to you about our welfare?

PURPORT

The disappearance of the Krishna sun may be explained as follows, according to the commentary of Srila Viswanath Chakravarti Thakur. Vidura was struck with great sorrow when he got the hint of the annihilation of the great Yadu dynasty as well as of his own family, the Kuru dynasty. Uddhava could understand the grief of Vidura, and therefore he first wanted to sympathize with him by saying that after the sunset, everyone is in darkness. Since the entire world was merged in the darkness of grief, neither Vidura nor Uddhava nor anyone else could be happy. Uddhava was as much aggrieved as Vidura, and there was nothing further to be said about their welfare. The comparison of Krishna to the sun is very appropriate. As soon as the sun sets, darkness automatically appears. But the darkness experienced by the common person does not affect the sun itself, either at the time of sunrise or of sunset. Lord Krishna’s appearance and disappearance are exactly like that of the sun. He appears and disappears in innumerable universes, and as long as He is present in a particular universe there is all transcendental light in that universe, but the universe from which He passes away is put into darkness. His pastimes, however, are everlasting. The Lord is always present in some universe, just as the sun is present in either the eastern or western hemisphere. The sun is always present either in India or in America, but when the sun is present in India, the American land is in darkness, and when the sun is present in America, the Indian hemisphere is in darkness.

As the sun appears in the morning and gradually rises to the meridian, and then again sets in one hemisphere while simultaneously rising in the other, so Lord Krishna’s disappearance in one universe and the beginning of His different pastimes in another take place simultaneously. As soon as one pastime is finished here, it is manifested in another universe. And thus His nitya-lila, eternal pastimes, are going on continuously. As the sunrise takes place once in twenty-four hours, similarly the pastimes of Lord Krishna take place in a universe once in a day of Brahma, which according to Bhagavad-gita is 4,300,000,000 solar years. But wherever the Lord is present, all His different pastimes as described in the revealed scriptures take place at regular intervals.

As at sunset the snakes become powerful, thieves are encouraged, ghosts become active, the lotus becomes disfigured, and the cakravaki bird laments, so with the disappearance of Lord Krishna, the atheists feel enlivened and the devotees become sorry.

(Srimad Bhag. 3.2.7,Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada)

k Posted Image

I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, who is very dear to Lord Krsna, having taken shelter of His lotus feet.

"I offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Varsabhanavi-devi-dayita dasa (another name of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati), who is favored by Srimati Radharani and who is the ocean of transcendental mercy and the deliverer of the science of Krsna.

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto you, the personified energy of Sri Caitanya's mercy, who delivers devotional service which is enriched with conjugal love of Radha and Krsna, coming exactly in the line of revelation of Srila Rupa Gosvami.

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto you, who are the personified teachings of Lord Caitanya. You are the deliverer of the fallen souls. You do not tolerate any statement which is against the teachings of devotional service enunciated by Srila Rupa Gosvami."

(Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Pranati)

/images/graemlins/smile.gif