IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

what does the devil look like?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

whoever will reply is more than welcome ..... I would like to know what satan him self looks like b/c I have my reasoins ...

ty

kristen

Satan is a creation of christan preachers and goes back to the ancient concept of Good battling Evil in this world, present in many primitive religions. By definition, God has no RIVAL.

having said that, there are many very, very powerful evil beings in this universe, but most of them can change their form at will. look under the term "Rakshasa" on the internet for more clues.

Personally I believe that Satan was or is a real force even if he is only a symbolic representation of maya or something. I think even Krsna Consciousness people accept that Jesus Christ was a pure devotee and apparently Jesus was tempted by some sort of demonic force and he didn't yield to it but ultimately passed all the tests of maya or whatever it was and is now celebrated in history as a great deliverer and a divine Son of God. I know some people are going to attack me for saying this so I apologize if I offended anyone.

Guest guest

Hey Kristen,do you have a partner that's not treating you right? Tell us what they look like and we'll see if they meet the criteria. Devils abound in this world!

Usually they're pretty slick, as they are competing with the most-slick.

The Devil is a shapeshifter. He is not bound to any one recognizable form.

For many he comes all decked in in pearls, diamond ring & wearing a blue dress...prettiest little thing ever seen.

Then from that to this:

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Guest guest

"Satan is a creation of christan preachers and goes back to the ancient concept of Good battling Evil in this world, present in many primitive religions. By definition, God has no RIVAL."

Well, then your Vedic religion is certainly also "primitive", since the battle between good and bad is a major theme in Vedic shastra, considering the numerous stories of heroic battle between Devas and Asuras.

Only difference is that in Christian/Islamic/Jewish lore there is (superficially) only One God and One Asura, and in your books there are many!

I am getting sick and tired of you guys trying to pose as something radically different from and superior to the rest of the world.

Krsna also likes to fight with demons, like Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu. He even battled with Lord Shiva.

So He chooses His own rivals.

So God created Satan for His own enjoyment. What is primitive about that?

By the way, I know what is Rakshasa. It's a man-eating demon!

Well, then your Vedic religion is certainly also "primitive", since the battle between good and bad is a major theme in Vedic shastra, considering the numerous stories of heroic battle between Devas and Asuras.

Only difference is that in Christian/Islamic/Jewish lore there is (superficially) only One God and One Asura, and in your books there are many!

There are many devas and many asuras but only one God.

Guest guest

You will say that God is Krsna. But which form of Krsna is to be worshiped as God?

Or is Visnu God? But which form of Visnu?

Or is Brahman God?

Please explain!

Guest guest

That's why they are called a Trinity. But maybe the Father is to be taken as Principal, the Son and Holy Spirit being an emanation from Him. You cannot seperate one from the other.

Don't go tell me there are no Trinities in the Vedic religious conception, because I know at least Two Trinities!

Bhagavan-Paramatma-Brahman

Brahma-Visnu-Shiva

Guest guest

You are Gaudiya Vaisnava, and don't know about the different forms of Lord Krsna? Well. There is the principal difference between Krsna as a Prince in His Dvaraka Lila, and His form of a cowherd boy in Gokul. In the one form He is the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, in His other one he is taken to be Nanda and Yashoda's baby. These forms are associated with different lilas and are categorically situated in different rasas. Like in one he plays the flute and wears a peacock feather, and in the other not. And within these different lilas He also takes differerent forms according to His age, such as being a Baby or a Young Boy etc. This is all being described in Bhakti Rasamrta Sindhu by Rupa Goswami.

Guest guest

So God or Krsna has many forms, and we just worship the form of our liking, right? Just like we also go through different bodies, assuming many forms, but still remain the same "I", in the same way also Krsna takes different forms for different purposes but remains whoever He is.

Maybe I will become Buddhist one time.

Time to eat!

Guest guest

...and as Theist says:

"The Devil is a shapeshifter. He is not bound to any one recognizable form."

He also has no fixed form. This was a thread about the Devil, but typically we end up talking about Krsna again.

***Joker***

"I am getting sick and tired of you guys trying to pose as something radically different from and superior to the rest of the world."

bhakti IS radically different from and superior to the rest of the world! that does not imply, however, that I am better than you just because I practice a bhakti tradition.

the battle of good vs. evil is INSIDE our own heart. we do not blame some imaginary "satan" for our own wicked deeds.

Guest guest

"the battle of good vs. evil is INSIDE our own heart. we do not blame some imaginary "satan" for our own wicked deeds."

Yes, agreed. Those who do so are either not very intelligent or self delusive. Maya is inside. Don't blame maya for your maya.

There are some Muslims who say that Jihad is also an internal fight, between good and evil. I would be able to accept them as some kind of devotees, despite the philosophical deficiencies and religious misconceptions they may have.

There are some Muslims who say that Jihad is also an internal fight, between good and evil. I would be able to accept them as some kind of devotees, despite the philosophical deficiencies and religious misconceptions they may have.

I suspect the same idea is there in the Christians 'War of Armageddan' where God ultimately defeats the devil and restores His kingdom.

If this is not a reference to what takes place within each bhakta I don't know what would be.

War of Kurukshetra?

Guest guest

Who are you and what are you after? You have such detailed knowledge of KC and you you are not a devotee? Trying your hand at some ISKCON/Vaishnava bashing? Having some fun, eh? You know everything about aparadha don't you? Happy fun prabhu. Answer your own question for us. You are well versed in the vaishnava scriptures more than most people.

Hare Krishna!!

Radha kunda das

Christianity in its purest form is bhakti. Rarely has the Earth seen someone as devoted to God as Jesus was. That being said both Hindooooooooos (just kidding) and Christians fall from the path of bhakti and engage in sectarian ritualism disputes.