IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Jesus Christ is in Vaikuntha?

Rate this topic

Another thing that might interest you is that when the Original meanings of Guru is lost then that disciplic succession is lost {not forever}. I think Christians just have to follow the basic 'Thou shalt not kill'. {esp, cows and bulls}. Over past days I have been religiously listening to Prabhupada conversations. From what I have learnt from BR Sridhara Maharaja the main point of any disicplic succession is siksa. Check this quote out, sure you seen it before-

The very gist of the guru parampara, the disciplic succession, is siksa, the spiritual

teaching, and wherever it is to be traced, there is guru. One who has the transcendental eye, the divine eye, will recognize the guru wherever he appears. One who possesses knowledge of absolute divine love in purity -he is guru. Otherwise the guru parampara is only a body parampara succession of bodies. Then the caste brahmins, the caste goswamis, will continue with their trade, because body after body, they are getting the mantra. But their mantra is dead. We are after a living mantra, and wherever we can trace the living tendency for a higher type of devotional service, we shall find that there is our guru. One who has that sort of vision awakened will be able to recognize the guru wherever he may appear.

-(Sri Guru and His Grace,Chapter 3)

Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara Maharaja

Even though there seems to be apparent gaps? In Diksya, the spiritual masters in our succession EACH accepted a spiritual master. All this is based on siksya. It's deep understanding that's all I can say. And it does make you think reading just Prabhupada books is not enough, you need to accept Guru just as Acharyas in our succession have done even though they took Siksya from entire succession.

Look in the Gita when Krishna says when the original meaning is lost then Krishna descends to establish the message, Krishna never mentions anything about diksya..

Anyway any views to further this conversation would be ok with me.

I have read Sri Guru and His Grace. I consider it required reading for myself.

I accept the principle of siksa parampara as being the truly viable current. The trick is in allowing Krsna to keep our eyes fixed on that current which often appears to change course as it twists and turns it's way through our space/time in accordance to it's own sweet will.

Just when we have set up a formal channel for it to flow through it seems to suddenly veer left or right, almost like it is declaring it's independence from our preceived expectations.

Just when we have set up a formal channel for it to flow through it seems to suddenly veer left or right, almost like it is declaring it's independence from our preceived expectations.

-

Yeah I found this. My ego still wants to be Independent. All I have to do is really transfer it towards Krishna. Spiritulize the Ego towards real ego as servant of Krishna. Anyway I am away for 3 days from Forums. Seeya later:)