IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jayaisvara

Forms of Lord Krsna

Rate this topic

Bg.2.14: O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.

Looking throught the Gita Arjuna says before hand:

Bg.2.9: Sanjaya said: Having spoken thus, Arjuna, chastiser of enemies, told Krsna, "Govinda, I shall not fight," and fell silent.

You can clearly see Krsna is giving the most practical spiritual advice possible.

Then Krsna explains this:

2.12-Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

2.13-As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change.

So all this Krishna is explaining that Arjuna's sadness was somehow misplaced. Complicated to know how exactly Krsna does convince Arjuna to fight. {I still can't figure it out}.